PDA

View Full Version : Made a halfling rogue! Any tips or words of knowledge would be welcomed!

Tunabros
05-12-2020, 08:10 PM
This is my first time playing a rogue and I do not really know how to play them but I read some guides on the p99 wiki. So any tips on how to play them or things to watch out for will be greatly appreciated:D:D:D!

Broor
05-12-2020, 09:33 PM
You're basically a bad warrior until you get backstab at level 10, which means you want to stick close to the tunnel in East Commonlands and group up with buffs as much as you can! Once you get hide/sneak, use them constantly to skill them up (out of combat, or during combat if you turn off auto attack). Maybe wait until higher levels to train up pick pockets, disarm trap, pick locks, and your poison skills. Get yourself a spear in your main hand from the guards that high levels are killing in Rivervale and Misty Thicket and that should do you for a while! Make some armor from the ruined pelts you're getting off of wolves too-

ldgo86
05-12-2020, 09:45 PM
If you’re on Blue you can use an Evade macro to help lose aggro. On green you’ll have to wait until October-ish for that to be functional.

Videri
05-12-2020, 10:19 PM
If you’re on Blue you can use an Evade macro to help lose aggro. On green you’ll have to wait until October-ish for that to be functional.

I'm glad we post this info a lot. I still keep seeing rogues flicker in combat. Some people don't believe me and say "Well, it doesn't work AS MUCH, but it works." And it might even be true, but that's just because they stopped attacking for a second... Anyway. Carry on spreading the word.