PDA

View Full Version : TLP live server better than green p99

Megalodon
05-10-2020, 03:24 PM
I'm a die hard non-lucin model, hating new zones graphics guy who hasn't been on a live server since 2005 and been here on blue since launch. Just started on Mangler TLP server thinking about trying the new TLP and it's just 1000% more enjoyable at this point.

Just some random shit I've picked up the last few days they have done for QoL which I'm sure a lot of people already know, none of this stuff is new.

- loot window I hated the idea, didn't really understand it and now it's the most awesome thing ever. Cuts out all the bullshit with looting. Zone wide and completely stress free
- skills, no more having to grind up all the skills because a year later you have a great 2hb raid drop. They are accelerated if your using it and the skill is low.
- instanced zones and raiding. Started to think do I really give a shit if bob or that same zerg clan has so-and-so neckbeard camp locked down as long as I get my drop? With 1k people on Sunday morning on green? No
-true boxing or 1 account per PC. Let's all be real, at least 50% of green and 75% of blue in EC and druids porting is people 2 boxing. I could probably head down to Befallen and find a lvl 50 "just there" AFK magically spot healing. At this point I would just rather have a full group or box something so we can play the content.

Edit- forgot to add the players are hands down less toxic because you can switch zones at a moment's notice. I logged on for 2 mins this morning on green to somebody fighting for the gnolls outside splitpaw. Because that makes sense.

Highly suggest people check it out

Bigsham
05-10-2020, 03:47 PM
Pass, all new servers are dumbed down and too easy for idiots

basically you

Megalodon
05-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Pass, all new servers are dumbed down and too easy for idiots

basically you

Lol thanks for underlining my point 2020 account!

Sibelia1
05-10-2020, 04:22 PM
he's right. still never leveld to 60 on one of these servers. see you on aradune. :)

Baler
05-10-2020, 04:26 PM
TLP is far less classic than P99, I'll stick with P99,
people should support live EQ also!

Megalodon
05-10-2020, 06:26 PM
TLP is far less classic than P99, I'll stick with P99,
people should support live EQ also!

The TLP's vs p99 on who is closer to "classic" is almost a push at this point when it comes to things affecting important game play.

Zone ZEM- p99 has custom vs Live TLP has none like classic was.

Starter quests and XP- p99 has custom vs Live has zilch starter quests (nerfed) (push)

Recharging- p99 has it, Live TLP does not

Raid targets- p99 has rooted targets FFS and some Arbitrarily but highly enforced raid system depending who's the favorite vs Live has instanced. Both not classic but take a guess which is probably better.

XP gain- I'm telling ya now, 1 through 17 I think p99 is faster. I'm going to chk numbers but there is something up.

Edit (another huge one) p99 has combat bind wounds (greater than a fungi hotbutton) vs Live it doesn't work

Edit2 (a huge one) p99 has nonsensical "camps" heavily enforced completely against what classic was vs Live has the put on your big boy pants classic version because instanced is numbers based and you still have to hold the camp

Just some of the things off the top of my head. It's closer than people think I'm guessing.

magnetaress
05-10-2020, 06:40 PM
I think so too. There's a lot of good in the live TLPs

Mblake81
05-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Have fun, OP. Stop back in sometime and let us know how its going for you.

Snortles Chortles
05-10-2020, 07:27 PM
begone elf thot

magnetaress
05-10-2020, 07:47 PM
1 really cool thing about Live is that Savarixsa Zaxun scowls threateningly at my half elf rogue who worships Erollisi. But doesn't attack. And is a non-combatant. So I walked up to her and said, 'I am devoted to innoruuk'.

This means I am going to be getting in good with the Dork elfs. Especially once I get a mask. The turn in NPC is also a 'non-combatant'. I already have my letter of recommendation.

Time to heal the wounds between Neriak and the half-elves, such as myself. I even have a progress bar to help me chart my progress!

magnetaress
05-10-2020, 09:41 PM
My rogue dinged 5 and I got Origin, 20 minute cooldown return to home city!

magnetaress
05-10-2020, 10:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XM5mcyh.jpg

Swish
05-10-2020, 10:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XM5mcyh.jpg

That's a man's handwriting.

Swish
05-10-2020, 10:54 PM
Also screw the TLPs for the not_classic.gif content.

I don't know why they'd find it so hard to remove non-classic loot, and reset some of the zones like Freeport back to their old ways.

Bardp1999
05-11-2020, 01:03 AM
Coolest thing about the TLPs is how they are all dead ghost towns within about 6 months and P99 has been rolling for 10 years.

Sibelia1
05-11-2020, 01:24 AM
That's a man's handwriting.

retard

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 10:48 AM
i'm not playing there for a classic experience, launched on the tlp for the post-classic expacs

also lol @ mans handwriting, sure, i actually noticed its been changing, so there is some merit to that observation, it use to be really masc, its a bit less so now I would say, it's interesting, I feel like if I just spent a few months handwriting and letting the E course through my bod it would get really dolly.

But that is not why i have boobs. Still :D

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Live also looks leeps and bounds pretty good on low graphics settings, turn off bloom, and in some places advanced lighting and the half assed radial flora and u got a solid set of visuals that are basic but immersive, in that way it is a poor persons version of wow that looks fabulous

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 11:27 AM
I should load up westfall and n ro on screenshots and comparisson the two for yall but n ro is leeps and bounds more atmospheric + the palm trees are straight up legit

that said some of the questlines in westfall are entaining, but not really thought provocing, and mostly communist propoganda

Bigsham
05-11-2020, 11:36 AM
6months? they die alot faster then that, people posting pictures of classic servers that have like no population now too

garbagio

Kaveh
05-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Coolest thing about the TLPs is how they are all dead ghost towns within about 6 months and P99 has been rolling for 10 years.

Good post

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 01:28 PM
watchin a guy buy up krono right now on mangler idk what u talkin bout

Mblake81
05-11-2020, 01:39 PM
Its good the gross is contained.

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 01:41 PM
60 people doing LDONs right now in n ro

Sibelia1
05-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Its good the gross is contained.

I know. The people on these emu servers are sick.

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 04:08 PM
welcome to the brave new worldS my friends

Izmael
05-11-2020, 04:40 PM
I've tried Agnarr when it came out and it was terrible on every single level.

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Agnarr is pop locked and for the macbois but if u are not having fun on live, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blue, green or red, they are somewhat different games, and the lvl 1-65 grind on tlps is never going to be classic or the EQ we remembered as teenagers

that said, options are great, i wish live EQ didn't rely on dx9 cuz microsoft and AMD are the pits

BlackBellamy
05-11-2020, 04:57 PM
The best thing about playing on the TLP servers is that you don't have any reputation to uphold.

Sibelia1
05-11-2020, 05:00 PM
Agnarr is pop locked and for the macbois but if u are not having fun on live, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blue, green or red, they are somewhat different games, and the lvl 1-65 grind on tlps is never going to be classic or the EQ we remembered as teenagers

that said, options are great, i wish live EQ didn't rely on dx9 cuz microsoft and AMD are the pits
i was a preteen :cool:

Bigsham
05-11-2020, 06:15 PM
if you want to play later expansions just play on the grand creation, no need to buy into darkpaws crap

magnetaress
05-11-2020, 06:17 PM
if you want to play later expansions just play on the grand creation, no need to buy into darkpaws crap

macroquest is way beyond me so i need dorkpaw to hold my hand

magnetaress
05-12-2020, 01:06 PM
now that I am done spouting propoganda about live I am quite on the fence regarding it lol, it seems like DBG and Darkpaw don't really want to invest in fixing bugs or making the game work real well on modern hardware (just a guess) and that they are going to just milk the pay2play microtransaction model till they are shut down by the mafia cuz the government IRS isn't going to really do anything awful to them

that said, theres like maybe 1 person over there that cares and still wants to make fresh new eq lore and content that is fun and interesting to explore

Darkpaw needs to, Hire a coder. Get their engine working on both vulkan, d3d9, and dx 12. Supercede luclin models. Create an in game knowledgebase so people don't have to deep dive google/allahkhazam for the arcane secrets of the tradeskills and get the bends and cooties aids from the web, create a fresh version of the world that pits lvl 60 newbies against giant rats in qeynos with a clean slate and leather armor tunics that gives +60 ac or doesn't use the same stat systems that the old gear does, so they can start progressing players again

tbh i don't expect the 1 "possibly" american dude over there to keep the chinese code team from screwing it all up if they go for it

They can't shut down EQ 1-and 2 and launch EQ three without creating a massive outrage and losing everyone to the EMU scene for good

I still am enjoying my TLP experience, but it is definitely not a pixel heaven, not like p99 or red99 or takp are, I may forgoe playing on Aradune and just reroll on Vox for a feature complete merc saturated experience

Bigsham
05-12-2020, 07:50 PM
e3 is completely automated and requires no coding, simply download latest mq2 for the server, e3 macro, open eqbc and set the ip and it will auto load when you login and run any char

Mafakka
05-16-2020, 04:36 AM
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pals-on-aradune-a-pst-guild.266120/

Bigsham
05-17-2020, 05:15 PM
best show ever ive seen it probably 5 times , just get baked and enjoy

Bardp1999
05-17-2020, 05:35 PM
I played on Phinigel or Ragaefire or Lockjaw (im not sure which one) and leveled up through Kunark. It was pretty fun, my monk did a lot more damage than on P99. The instancing is just retarded though, seriously should just be playing WoW if this is what you're looking for, its a much better game than Live EQ

Sibelia1
05-17-2020, 05:40 PM
I played on Phinigel or Ragaefire or Lockjaw (im not sure which one) and leveled up through Kunark. It was pretty fun, my monk did a lot more damage than on P99. The instancing is just retarded though, seriously should just be playing WoW if this is what you're looking for, its a much better game than Live EQ

umm ya but p99 is unplayably crowded since 2011 xD

have you thought of a single idea for addressing this? or u still like p99velious?:rolleyes:

Albanwr
05-17-2020, 07:27 PM
AMD is better than Intel.

Red is better than Purple.

Boxers are better than Briefs.

Dogs are better than Cats.

Sibelia1
05-17-2020, 07:35 PM
Dogs are definitely better than cats.

White_knight
05-18-2020, 05:39 AM
TLPs are fun - if you treat them as throw away servers because after 3-6 months there start to die fast. But they are a great relief from the classic grind of p99.

P99 has a higher pop because it's free and alot of P99 players are dead broke (no offence). Also... let's not forget because it's the closest to classic any server is and lots (a few 1000) enjoy this type of play. Also it runs on 15 year old potatoes..see first point about been broke.

OP is correct on the boxing...gms have no clue actually how much boxing goes on these servers, bless them though they do try to limit boxing by catching out the easy targets so the ban works for non-techie players.

My estimate would be 50% of porters are boxed and atleast 75% of traders in EC are too.

Both types of servers are fun...for a period of time and you need breaks from both to keep the flame going.

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 09:41 AM
https://i.imgur.com/3yBGlJA.gif

jolanar
05-18-2020, 10:19 AM
I unironically enjoy EQ Live. I haven't really messed with the TLP servers because I figured: why not just play P99 for that content.

I wouldn't mind playing through Omens and onward to around Underfoot group content though just because those are eras I never really played on Live. Unfortunately the servers die before then.

I'm probably going to roll a solo toon on Aradune and see how bad the boxing is. If the boxing is still rampant I'll just switch to Rizlona. I wouldn't mind three boxing my way through group content in those middling expansions.

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 10:39 AM
I played with a kid 3 boxing on mangler yesterday, not sure how they afford their krono habit but they do!

They offered me 1st dibs on loot I couldn't even use and they actually had naked spots that could have used it, I passed on it twice so their cleric and tank could have a nice chain shirt.

Anyway, people say like, selos, is dead, but I believe selos is quite alive, just good luck convincing people to raid earlier content.

In some way TLP's really hurt the game because people don't focus on making communities to explore OoW for example and instead rely on the TLP 'catching up' and then doing it then.

There shouldn't be TLPs, people should have to complete the raid achievements for each expansion @ level b4 they can move into the later levels and expansions, but this would hurt the $$$ pixel $$$ flow real bad, it wouldn't have in the beginning, I believe the community could have learned to appreciate this and it would have been helpful before they started trying to compete with wow power scaling between expansions.

There use to be more incentive to do earlier content and get ready for later content. Not so much now.

Maybe Darkpaw can be convinced to evaluate this idea for a boxing allowed server with selos exp, all expansions, AoCs enabled. In the near term future after Aradune and Rizlona have shrunk to their core communities. --- all content available at launch --- but achievment gated per character, so guilds have incentive to catch people up and do earlier raids via the DZ system.

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 10:45 AM
All of this said, on live, at max lvls or near max lvls you only need 6 or so friends to 'beat' the previous expansions. I don't see how impossible it could be to make a few buddies that want to do similair things, there's got to be a least a few thousand people on this planet who don't mind looting +10 earings instead of +100 earings.

On wow i ran pick up groups where I organized (and kicked bad players) to do the previous expansions content using their group finder tool, which is pretty good actuaully. After several runs, it was possible to get a group of people who wanted to run it a few times for vanity items or just because they liked doing the old raid with 3 or 4 people instead of 40. In this way I was able to complete most of the old expansion before the Lizard Lady Queen of the Oceans BFA mini expac.

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Personally, I like doing content @ level once when it was hard, then overlvl and twinked thereafter if I just want to RP an elf maiden.

I am not at all invested in the perpetual nuclear winter that Velious locked servers and end game are. It's boring. Though I really appreciate the challenge of the lower lvls and 'starting out'. from scatch, ish.

Bardp1999
05-18-2020, 11:58 AM
umm ya but p99 is unplayably crowded since 2011 xD

have you thought of a single idea for addressing this? or u still like p99velious?:rolleyes:

I mean the obvious choice is to have a larger world, but that doesn't vibe with P99s vision. P99 custom content would be fantastic (IE expand the world with more higher end zones), but seeing as how remaking Velious took like 5 years I cant imagine how long custom content would take (and half the pop would bitch about it).

Once Kunark comes out P99 becomes a lot more 'playable', but even then I would be 100% down for Luclin and PoP set in the P99 universe (level 60 max, down graded loot, ect) - I would even like some basic AA's, call me crazy!

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 12:12 PM
I mean the obvious choice is to have a larger world, but that doesn't vibe with P99s vision. P99 custom content would be fantastic (IE expand the world with more higher end zones), but seeing as how remaking Velious took like 5 years I cant imagine how long custom content would take (and half the pop would bitch about it).

Once Kunark comes out P99 becomes a lot more 'playable', but even then I would be 100% down for Luclin and PoP set in the P99 universe (level 60 max, down graded loot, ect) - I would even like some basic AA's, call me crazy!

U can't trust neckbeards to make custom content that will not be about number stroking and have any value towards RP or exploration and diversity of the base universe.

It is impossible. These people are not the ones that should be producing content for consumption of anyone other than people who want to progress from a 10/40 to a 80/40. 2HS only.

Sad but that is reality, and there will be grinds, and randomness included, but you will never see true expansion and exploration until this mentality is destroyed.

Every single project thus far, and I fear even pantheon in its end, will result in this failure of human imagination to reach beyond it's own self flatulations.

Sibelia1
05-18-2020, 03:51 PM

doesn't "vibe", how about releaseing the database then hmmmmmmm????????

Sibelia1
05-18-2020, 03:52 PM
TLPs are fun - if you treat them as throw away servers because after 3-6 months there start to die fast. But they are a great relief from the classic grind of p99.

P99 has a higher pop because it's free and alot of P99 players are dead broke (no offence). Also... let's not forget because it's the closest to classic any server is and lots (a few 1000) enjoy this type of play. Also it runs on 15 year old potatoes..see first point about been broke.

OP is correct on the boxing...gms have no clue actually how much boxing goes on these servers, bless them though they do try to limit boxing by catching out the easy targets so the ban works for non-techie players.

My estimate would be 50% of porters are boxed and atleast 75% of traders in EC are too.

Both types of servers are fun...for a period of time and you need breaks from both to keep the flame going.

all mmo servers were all ways throwaway

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 03:55 PM
start populating mobs and longswords babe, the SQL is there :p this time qeynos is overrunn by the gnolls and everyone lives in a hovel in splitpaw, the quest line is to take back qeynos and through making copies of Qeynos eventually u will have re-taken the city via phasing with your trusty merc! Aka WoW. And the hidden forest! :p

Bigsham
05-18-2020, 08:33 PM
I played with a kid 3 boxing on mangler yesterday, not sure how they afford their krono habit but they do!

They offered me 1st dibs on loot I couldn't even use and they actually had naked spots that could have used it, I passed on it twice so their cleric and tank could have a nice chain shirt.

Anyway, people say like, selos, is dead, but I believe selos is quite alive, just good luck convincing people to raid earlier content.

In some way TLP's really hurt the game because people don't focus on making communities to explore OoW for example and instead rely on the TLP 'catching up' and then doing it then.

There shouldn't be TLPs, people should have to complete the raid achievements for each expansion @ level b4 they can move into the later levels and expansions, but this would hurt the $$$ pixel $$$ flow real bad, it wouldn't have in the beginning, I believe the community could have learned to appreciate this and it would have been helpful before they started trying to compete with wow power scaling between expansions.

There use to be more incentive to do earlier content and get ready for later content. Not so much now.

Maybe Darkpaw can be convinced to evaluate this idea for a boxing allowed server with selos exp, all expansions, AoCs enabled. In the near term future after Aradune and Rizlona have shrunk to their core communities. --- all content available at launch --- but achievment gated per character, so guilds have incentive to catch people up and do earlier raids via the DZ system.

In everquest the gear system went like this

Classic had almost nothing , kunark had good droppable weapons but no real raid gear, only once velious hit was there a "Set" For your class that wasnt garbage

None of which were required to do anything as once luclin hit you could get tons of gear much easier, sure the bosses got big hp boosts but you still eventually won

Once pop hit ornate destroyed all previous raiding because it was "Good enough" to not bother with any and all previous content

However, you could not raid gates without at least ELE planes gear from pop preferably time gear

And once Omens came out you werent raiding anything with omens ornate so you had to raid pop. Later, DODH came out and still you werent doing anything without time / gates gear so even tho it was 4 expansions old, you still HAD to do previous content

This was destroyed once SOF Came out with elaborate gear and eq died at that point

Always why i say the best "Era" of everquest was pop to dodh

Sibelia1
05-18-2020, 09:22 PM

Classic had almost nothing , kunark had good droppable weapons but no real raid gear, only once velious hit was there a "Set" For your class that wasnt garbage

None of which were required to do anything as once luclin hit you could get tons of gear much easier, sure the bosses got big hp boosts but you still eventually won

Once pop hit ornate destroyed all previous raiding because it was "Good enough" to not bother with any and all previous content

However, you could not raid gates without at least ELE planes gear from pop preferably time gear

And once Omens came out you werent raiding anything with omens ornate so you had to raid pop. Later, DODH came out and still you werent doing anything without time / gates gear so even tho it was 4 expansions old, you still HAD to do previous content

This was destroyed once SOF Came out with elaborate gear and eq died at that point

nice. that is nice knowledge :)

i am a person who quit in OOW :p before doing Time. maybe why our life trajectories are so different? :eek::cool:

magnetaress
05-18-2020, 10:12 PM

AAA post. Thanks for sharing.

https://i.imgur.com/2MbjriY.gif

Swish
05-19-2020, 06:29 AM
It was all downhill after Planes of Power. Great expansion, but alas.

Nobody really mentioned mercs in previous posts. Once you see people preferring to have a merc healer over trying to group anywhere... "you're in you're own world now"

Same reason why a lot of P99ers don't want to play on servers where boxing is the norm.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 10:16 AM

Nobody really mentioned mercs in previous posts. Once you see people preferring to have a merc healer over trying to group anywhere... "you're in you're own world now"

Same reason why a lot of P99ers don't want to play on servers where boxing is the norm.

I got that but what is wrong with a human healer bringing their own merc dps, merc tank with a few target selection commands or auxiliary healers? Options should have been good. Mercs where supposed to breeze people up to 85.

I think, yes think. It is not the games themselves, mostly its people can't be assed to socialize for hours at a time.

If I was a billionaire I would definitely pay people to play with me though. And I wouldn't group with any F2P mentally ill elf IRL larpers.

Actually the more I think about it it Mercs are a 1st step towards the inevitable, interaction with AI slaves. Familiars already crack jokes and try to fill out the missing social depth.

Bigsham
05-19-2020, 05:15 PM

Mercs didnt come till seeds, thats a long long time after pop

lots of people liked TSS it felt very classic , i quit at SOF myself because it started to cater to new players too much but i guess they needed to or the game would have died.

Through the whole list of expansions games kept coming out that were good so everyone took breaks.

magnetaress
05-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Live EQ1 still seems better than live EQ2.

I even socialized some which is a miracle since I even found ways to avoid interacting with anyone on red. There's that.

Sibelia1
05-19-2020, 09:12 PM
I got that but what is wrong with a human healer bringing their own merc dps, merc tank with a few target selection commands or auxiliary healers? Options should have been good. Mercs where supposed to breeze people up to 85.

I think, yes think. It is not the games themselves, mostly its people can't be assed to socialize for hours at a time.

If I was a billionaire I would definitely pay people to play with me though. And I wouldn't group with any F2P mentally ill elf IRL larpers.

Actually the more I think about it it Mercs are a 1st step towards the inevitable, interaction with AI slaves. Familiars already crack jokes and try to fill out the missing social depth.

i know this dominatrix, she scraped and owned a property in portland where she whipped ppl, sold it and now is "on a compound" so to speak with like 20 ppl who wait on her desperately. just a lifestyle thought