PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Spell Lines Page

loramin
05-09-2020, 07:23 PM
Not sure if this will be useful to anyone, but it bothered me that I couldn't easily tell what DoTs to use at each level as a Necromancer, so I made the https://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer_Spell_Lines page.

As always I would love any feedback (positive or negative) anyone has.

DMN
05-09-2020, 07:54 PM
Nice.I like it. You might want to double check the numbers on the top reference chart however. I think you tricked yourself with your own attempt to add some additional information with damage per second on the disease line, as you listed some of the diseases by damage per second instead of damage per mana.

Additionally, one of the headers in the columns is wrong for the life drain series. You have damage per minute instead of damage per mana.

loramin
05-09-2020, 08:22 PM
Nice.I like it. You might want to double check the numbers on the top reference chart however. I think you tricked yourself with your own attempt to add some additional information with damage per second on the disease line, as you listed some of the diseases by damage per second instead of damage per mana.

Additionally, one of the headers in the columns is wrong for the life drain series. You have damage per minute instead of damage per mana.

Nice catches, thanks!

Fixed both.

A1551
05-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Very cool loramin thanks!!

Crede
05-10-2020, 07:18 PM
This is great. Can you somehow get dot damage back for us too? Lol

zaneosak
05-13-2020, 12:22 PM
Not sure if this will be useful to anyone, but it bothered me that I couldn't easily tell what DoTs to use at each level as a Necromancer, so I made the https://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer_Spell_Lines page.

As always I would love any feedback (positive or negative) anyone has.

Made one of these on google sheets back for my necro during blue.
I like yours alot, mine is not anywhere near as good as far as the info goes. The main thing I made mine for was to put a scale of "time" on the top so I could visually see DoT1+DoT2+DoT3 = this much mana cost, this much damage over x many ticks, mostly to help with 50% dmg requirement on pets, or even just to know generally if i was wasting mana casting an extra dot i didnt need.

I like the aspect of yours that shows you availability per level, helps to know when you can use old spells to meet dmg requirements or be more mana efficient. Nice job.

loramin
05-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Made one of these on google sheets back for my necro during blue.
I like yours alot, mine is not anywhere near as good as far as the info goes. The main thing I made mine for was to put a scale of "time" on the top so I could visually see DoT1+DoT2+DoT3 = this much mana cost, this much damage over x many ticks, mostly to help with 50% dmg requirement on pets, or even just to know generally if i was wasting mana casting an extra dot i didnt need.

I like the aspect of yours that shows you availability per level, helps to know when you can use old spells to meet dmg requirements or be more mana efficient. Nice job.

BTW, if anyone ever wants to add a "DoT by Time" table, I think that'd be a great addition. The difficult part though would just be the fact that it's a lot of data to display (I'm guessing your spreadsheet only did certain levels or certain spells ... or was very big).

But if anyone could find a way to show that data concisely, I'd love to see it!

zaneosak
05-13-2020, 04:05 PM

BTW, if anyone ever wants to add a "DoT by Time" table, I think that'd be a great addition. The difficult part though would just be the fact that it's a lot of data to display (I'm guessing your spreadsheet only did certain levels or certain spells ... or was very big).

But if anyone could find a way to show that data concisely, I'd love to see it!

I'll see if I can find a logical way. In case your curious here's the sheet. I didn't start it til lvl 30 or something so it's not complete but basically it's lined up so I could see after x time how much total dmg I'd do with combinations of dots. Also has invoke fear duration at bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fggOnBEEu8auTIxT3YYzO6Wbr9lDWfMs7vYjSHTExAk/edit?usp=drivesdk

Far from perfect and alot of missing spells, but you get the idea.

aspomwell
05-13-2020, 05:29 PM
I made a similar one awhile back in case it helps you at all!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337165