PDA

View Full Version : What is the current definitive answer to spawning Thistle Underbrush?

goldlush
05-07-2020, 02:48 AM
I have read literally everything google could give me. Info up until even 2019 has been unhelpful.

I've tried pulling all 4 wandering faerie maidens and then going to his supposed spawn point on the wiki, killed all 4 at the same time, set a stopwatch and when 6:30 minutes rolls around, nothing. 12 minutes roll around, nothing. Nothing spawns. I once actually had a faerie maiden path to the spot, but that was the most exciting part.

Someone said that he spawns and runs to the scouts and goes to his death often? Is that true?

Another says to keep killing trash around gfay zoneline and he will spawn?

The thing that is confusing me is the day i decided to try and camp him I killed the first faerie maiden I saw and boom, he spawned. The Ivy Cords didn't drop but he was definitely not pathed at all at his "spawn point".

Apparently his spawn was messed with sometime back (WHY?) and the Ivy Cords were made less common (WHY?!?!)

Can any trash spawn him? Are faerie maidens still his placeholder? Does he spawn somewhere else now? I guarantee the wiki is wrong now. I haven't tried it on green but as of now I don't think his spawn point works.

Izmael
05-07-2020, 10:19 AM
I spent a day figuring him out on Green a while ago when waiting for the Mila camp to open. After slaughtering several billions of level 1 wasps and spiders, I think I figured out two things:
- Farming him is terrible plat hourly rate - won't be trying again.
- Killing the PH that spawns approx at -1270 +760 every few minutes will spawn him there. His PH's are things like wasps, spiders and whatnot. Not sure if maiden is a PH at all. Just sit there and kill whatever pops at this spot every 6 minutes or so. He will spawn there once in a while, you will kill him and loot the junk Mistletoe thing. I've never seen the good drop actually drop in like 5 hours of camping him. But I suppose your mileage may vary. He or his PH will immediately start to wander upon spawn. So when you come to LFay, it will probably be far away from its pop spot. Just sit there and wait for it to path back to the pop spot and murder it. It may be the right mob or another simply passing by - kill whatever crosses his pop spot roughly. You will eventually kill the right mob and start the PH cycle.

He might have other PH's / pop spots but I can only talk about this one. He's not hard to make spawn either... like maybe 20% chance every 6 min?

The wiki is wrong but feel free to update it with this info.

goldlush
05-07-2020, 03:17 PM
I'm doing this on the blue server, apparently early p99 had a specific way of doing it compared to recent p99 so it's going to be different for green and blue. Also I'm farming it because I want it and it's easier to get on my own than adamantite epaulets (bard)