PDA

View Full Version : I don't remember anything! (Green questions)

baldric
05-01-2020, 08:21 PM
I haven't played EQ in 18 years, but I remember the UI having more stuff. The default doesn't even show exp bar. I also remember a pet health bar. Did I maybe download a UI thing back then, or am I thinking about some expansion stuff? How would I even customize the UI?

More questions to come once I get going...

gorzak
05-02-2020, 11:15 AM
I was also looking for an xp bar. I found the one on the inventory screen, but remembered a standalone one. Looking forward to the answer to this.

xalg
05-02-2020, 12:43 PM
the ui on green is supposed to be stripped down to recreate the original release of eq. but you can go to options (alt + o), then keys, then ui to see how to toggle the various windows. as for pets, you might want to have a look at the pet guide on the wiki. there's a command to get your pet's health, for example. you're probably going to want to make some macros, like a pet attack and pet back macro, put them on your hotbar, and bind them to a convenient key.

loramin
05-02-2020, 02:31 PM
the ui on green is supposed to be stripped down to recreate the original release of eq. but you can go to options (alt + o), then keys, then ui to see how to toggle the various windows. as for pets, you might want to have a look at the pet guide on the wiki. there's a command to get your pet's health, for example. you're probably going to want to make some macros, like a pet attack and pet back macro, put them on your hotbar, and bind them to a convenient key.

This, but also regarding:

More questions to come once I get going...

The wiki can answer a lot (most?) questions, and http://wiki.project1999.com/Newbie_Guide is a good place to start.

baldric
05-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Thanks! Half of the windows don't seem to exist, including the "pet info" window I was talking about. I assume they're from expansions even though the options still somehow show up on Green server.

Here's something driving me crazy - Is there a way to turn off just thunder sounds? Maybe that came in a later expansion too.