PDA

View Full Version : Why women don't wanta do the dishes

redghosthunter
05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.kval.com/younews/121179229.html

WE HAD A SNAKE IN OUR DISHWASHER!
By: debratttSubscribe Channel: Pets & Animals Location: Eugene, OR Yesterday at 1:00 PM
Tags:
snake dishwasher
33 Comments

My youngest son went out to the kitchen, and then popped back around the corner telling me "Mom, there's a snake in the kitchen". Thinking it a trick, I followed him. When I get in the kitchen, I see what I assume is one ...of their toy snakes wound into the dish washer vent. I start to approach when my son pipes up and says "Mom, it's really real! It's not a trick!". Second guessing myself, I look again and see the flicker of the tongue.

Backing up, I call for my husband who is in the bathroom. Not willing to try and get it myself, and not knowing what else to do, I grab my camera. My thought, if it gets away I will at least have a photo to show a pest guy and find out what type of snake was in my house. I snap a few photos (using zoom!) and then Mike, my husband, joins the kids and I.

Now the fun part. What do we have that can get the snake out without having to get near it (turns out my knight in shining armor didn't like snakes either). In the end, Mike dons my heavy-duty cleaning gloves, grabs a pair of tongs and a bag. Armed with his snake-removing tools, he now approaches the snake. After a small fight (the snake tightened up and didn't want to be pulled out), Mike got the snake out of the dish washer vent and carried it dangling over the bag and out to the back yard.

If anybody can help me confirm that this is the relatively harmless garter snake, I would be able to sleep nights again. Also, does anybody know if it's possible for the snake to somehow come from the outside, and get in and up through the dishwasher, or is it more likely that the snake crawled up there after getting in another way?

Unfun
05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Dude, I live in Eugene. Freaky....

Dantes
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Wow, yeah. Snake in the dishwasher doesn't really sound like an Oregon thing. I was thinking of a warmer climate.