MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
Slot: EAR
AC: -15
STA: +8 HP: +75
SV MAGIC: +5
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

This item is clearly an amazing addition for most characters. My question is will people use this for tanking/soloing? Does it work best soloing but not for tanking raid mobs? Is the tradeoff of AC always worth the big HP/Sta bump?

Allishia
05-01-2020, 04:24 PM
Ac matters more on group content then raid mobs since most raid mobs that matter will hit you hard anyway + you likely will be running defense disc, so hp is more important for raids....hope this helps

Adron
05-07-2020, 07:44 PM
Seems like a great item for a sword/thorn druid in the 1-40 level range where that won't get you killed.
Also for shaman, where hit points are basically just a bank of mana.

Solist
05-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Ac matters more on group content then raid mobs since most raid mobs that matter will hit you hard anyway + you likely will be running defense disc, so hp is more important for raids....hope this helps

Just actually parse stuff. Think you'd be surprised.

Naethyn
05-07-2020, 10:18 PM
If there was another ear that was close, but there isn't. Most classes will benefit more from the MR over the AC anyways.

mefdinkins
05-11-2020, 03:38 PM
If there was another ear that was close, but there isn't. Most classes will benefit more from the MR over the AC anyways.

So a semi-raid geared warrior or monk would use this:

1) Soloing
2) In groups content / small group stuff?
3) In mid-size group content (2 group epic mobs, HOT?! etc.)
4) Raiding TOV stuff!?
5) All of the above?!?

Allishia
05-15-2020, 10:14 AM
A war definitely would use two till like vulak ear upgrade. I think most monks would use that bauble ear that's 10 sta and 35 hp, maybe 1 hoop or an earring of essence. For all the above ya

Naethyn
05-15-2020, 10:58 AM
Not sure Vulak ear is a war upgrade as it has less hp.

HP > All

Allishia
05-21-2020, 02:11 PM
Not sure Vulak ear is a war upgrade as it has less hp.

HP > All

I use to agree with that, and for like aow yes hoops prolly better, but TBH I feel way more tanky with the like 70 ac I get from swapping that 1 ear :)