PDA

View Full Version : Good monk UI

spiritsofrock
04-30-2020, 10:32 PM
Anyone have preferences?

Mayhap
05-03-2020, 06:17 PM
I do not play on the Green Server, so, I'm not sure what the UI differences are, but I use the Duxa UI. From there, I simply position the UI's windows sort of in the bottom-left along with the target window above my hot-bar and next to my own health bar down there. Lastly, I put two chat windows, equal in size, along the bottom of the screen.

I like this UI because it's easy for me swap items in my bags to my equipment, as well as to click clickies. Moreover, if I'm feeling frisky it's easy to try and get in hand-to-hand punches between club monsters with a 2hb staff without having to open up my actual inventory window and obstruct my view.

For personal preference, I turned the texture/tint black and positioned the disparate windows of the UI so that it sort of makes a somewhat right-angle around the left-side of my screen.

I've only played with the default Velious UI and the Duxa UI, but I like this better than the default one and it certainly makes playing the Monk class a bit more intuitive.

jolanar
05-04-2020, 08:08 AM
As far as I have seen, Duxa is the only moderately decent UI alternative. Although tbh there are shockingly few available given how long P99 has been out I am surprised folks haven't put more effort into them. I'd love if someone created a real minimalist UI.

Benefits of Duxa are: Can see exp %, spell bar has names of spells, buff bar has names of buffs, opened bags take up less space so you can open them all while still being able to see most of the screen.

Bbeta
05-04-2020, 09:08 AM
QQmelee is my favorite

jolanar
05-04-2020, 12:40 PM
QQmelee is my favorite

Nice. Never saw this one before somehow. Seems to have all the benefits of Duxa with the transparent "classic" look.

Bbeta
05-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Yep and easily customizable