PDA

View Full Version : Hi

gorebag99
04-30-2020, 05:13 AM
Hi,

I'm finding the new player accessibility to P99 to be somewhat lacking. This is the third time I've tried posting a new thread on these forums. None of them get posted. 2 in tech discussion one here. My post counts remains zero. No help in game from a few OOC + petitions.

New player, on green, HI and all that.

TLDR; your forum instructions for setup, specifically the LaunchTitanium.exe does not work, leaving you with a 80% functional UI that isn't fit for casters.

Original post:
Hello Everyone,

Firstly, hi, old EQClassic player diving into P99 for the first time. Nostalgia ahoy!

Just wanted to let you know for me, who started on EQGREEN, the forums goto page for startup found here has some problems with its instruction:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

It's great; until part 3 it tells you to use LaunchTitanium.exe - this got me the default titanium skin i remembered but without the p99 changes (like a med button). I was getting an XML error on login , and various client crashes on logout.

Regardless what I did nothing with LaunchTitanium.exe would work. Loading up defaultUI did nothing, as did any number of video mode changes / option settings.

Workaround: fresh install. Fresh copy over of p99 files to new install directory. Then find EQGAME.EXE (Gold writing, black background logo) - create a shortcut to desktop. Goto said shortcut, right click, properties, target should be the destination directory:

Mine was originally C:\EQEmu\Eqgame.exe or whatever

What it needs to be is "C:\EQEmu\Eqgame.exe" patchme
Careful with the " and the space in between " and patchme

Now, my icon loads up P99, i can med. No issues. No errors messages in or out.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (or if my ability to follow written instructions gets called into question haha), but as a new player to P99, one who is OK with computers and familiar with EQClassic, and one who persisted with this s*** for half an evening now to have fixed it, I feel your guidebook is in need of an update lest other newer players get lost as I did. Either that or its gonna be a lot of noob casters with no med :D