PDA

View Full Version : Amnesia - The Dark Ascension

Ruinous
05-04-2011, 04:03 AM
*EDIT* Just realized the game folder was labeled incorrectly. Game name is Amnesia - The Dark Descent. Lol

Just played through this guy in about 6-7 hours tonight. Was a pretty good game for having slipped under my radar.

Think... Myst meets the horror genre. Play at night with headphones on. Got some decent scares out of it heh. Wasn't terribly difficult as far as the "puzzle" aspect of the game went, but still worth checking out for the atmosphere + effects alone.

deathgirl
05-04-2011, 04:53 AM
no

Ruinous
05-04-2011, 01:46 PM
no

Ohai pal!

Aadill
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Amnesia is a game I tried as the demo. It is amazing if you like atmospheric games. It's a thriller for certain and will keep you screaming like a little girl even if you play during the day.

odizzido
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
I picked this game up a couple days ago....waiting for a good time to go through it though.

Penumbra was a good game as well....that is the previous game of the person(s?) who made amnesia.

And since we are talking about lesser known games, Nightmare House 2 is great as well....it's a source mod/free game.

Ruinous
05-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I picked this game up a couple days ago....waiting for a good time to go through it though.

Penumbra was a good game as well....that is the previous game of the person(s?) who made amnesia.

And since we are talking about lesser known games, Nightmare House 2 is great as well....it's a source mod/free game.

If Penumbra was made by the same guys and nearly as good as Amnesia then I'll have to give it a try. Thanks :)