PDA

View Full Version : Hookah Enthusiasts?

Zadrian
05-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I have just ordered my brand new hookah (which I would like to show off :))

http://www.hookahstore.com/images/2pearl3hoseblcksliver.jpg

Comes with 3 free 50g flavors of shisha. I ordered lemon, melon and vanilla.

I usually just smoke during raids or long group outings.

Anyone else?

Unfun
05-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Nice! Hookah is so delicious, especially when paired with the right beer. My favorite used to be the apricot shisha with the apricot ale by pyramid. I eventually had to get rid of my hookah though, just too damn addicting haha

Zadrian
05-04-2011, 01:01 AM
I've only been smoking for about 4 years, but I really like it as a hobby... Hobby?..

anyway..

It's good because it is fairly cheap. You can spend anywhere between $20 - $couplehundred to get started and then the rest is all chump change.

Very good for social get-togethers.

Prince
05-04-2011, 02:18 AM
thats hot- I have a MYA acrylic and a MYA bambino. I really want to get one of the al-fakher hookahs, they're absolutely beautiful.

Prince
05-04-2011, 02:22 AM
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/catalog/AlFakher-Hookah-Heavy-Large-L.jpg

Desert
05-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Prince, tobacco kills.

:)

<3,
the stoners

Aadill
05-04-2011, 08:30 AM
I used to smoke shisha on a regular basis. The cleaning component of owning a hookah is fairly trivial, the cost of tobacco was low, and you could even easily make your own amazing flavors without too much trouble. I only stopped because I wanted to be healthier.

One of my favorite things about it was the fact that the smoke smelled good: you never smelled like burning ass afterwards and the smoke was pleasant enough to blow in someone's face if you were talking to someone.

One of my least favorite things was taking it anywhere. The number of times some asshole bro would ask, "HEY DO YOU SMOKE WEED OUT OF THAT?" and then proceed to try to dump bud on top of the charcoals and then be like, "OMG THIS IS DISGUSTING," was irritating. Fuck you, asshole.. now I need to scrub the hookah and the hose is all but ruined.

The most interesting aspect of it: it's such a socially accepted item that I've had it out in the open in a public park and not once was I confronted by anyone about it. Most people were actually interested in it but not even cops would walk up to me and question me about it. There is a large and still growing middle eastern presence in my area so that may play a role, but it is interesting to see how people react to things they don't know about.

Biggest pet peeve: People asking me why I don't have the 4 or 8 hose hookah. That's fucking expensive and everyone has to put their thumb over the other pipes not being used unless the hookah has check valves. I like single hose because it becomes a social thing. You expect not only cleanliness from your friends but the ever so loved social interaction of puff puff pass.

Otto
05-04-2011, 10:08 AM
My friend I graduated high school with opened a hookah lounge in town. I ended up buying one of his personal Mya bambino's when he moved on to a better business.

Been using it pretty regularly for the past couple years, just suckes being a broke college student who can't afford a stash of nice flavors. Also the seal on the base is broken and needs to be replaced.

Japan
05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
One of my least favorite things was taking it anywhere. The number of times some asshole bro would ask, "HEY DO YOU SMOKE WEED OUT OF THAT?" and then proceed to try to dump bud on top of the charcoals and then be like, "OMG THIS IS DISGUSTING," was irritating. Fuck you, asshole.. now I need to scrub the hookah and the hose is all but ruined.

You should feel flattered that the "asshole bros" assumed you owned a hookah for a purpose other than to facilitate your clumsy sexually predatory interaction with females. Nothing quite screams manchild-in-denial like puffing flavored smoke out of a $100 plastic imitation hookah.

Zadrian
05-05-2011, 05:23 PM
thats hot- I have a MYA acrylic and a MYA bambino. I really want to get one of the al-fakher hookahs, they're absolutely beautiful.

I really like some of the Syrian hookahs with statuettes on the stems. Something tells me that you don't really get a good pull out of them, you just pay the extra cash for the statuettes.

Zadrian
05-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I used to smoke shisha on a regular basis. The cleaning component of owning a hookah is fairly trivial, the cost of tobacco was low, and you could even easily make your own amazing flavors without too much trouble. I only stopped because I wanted to be healthier.

I don't smoke too regularly. Anywhere from 2-4 times a month when I get together with friends.

Once in a while I might light it during a raid, but that's on very rare occasions.

Aadill
05-05-2011, 06:04 PM
You should feel flattered that the "asshole bros" assumed you owned a hookah for a purpose other than to facilitate your clumsy sexually predatory interaction with females. Nothing quite screams manchild-in-denial like puffing flavored smoke out of a $100 plastic imitation hookah.

lol

Darwoth
05-05-2011, 08:36 PM
wow that's so amazing, i bet you have a glass pipe that looks like your giving fellatio to a clown when you smoke your mexican dirtweed in it to huh?

Hobby
05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
The first picture is my main one, my bowl is not red however its black.

The second is the portable one I use when I am going on a long drive or I just want to park somewhere and chill at a park or whatever.

The third one is the one I never take anywhere, it stays set up in my house and I use it when I am laying in bed.

http://i53.tinypic.com/29p2fsm.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/35aq7gp.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2qbrhqq.jpg

JayDee
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I know people who love hookas. All of whom which have too much time on their hands.

Arclyte
05-05-2011, 11:38 PM
wow that's so amazing, i bet you have a glass pipe that looks like your giving fellatio to a clown when you smoke your mexican dirtweed in it to huh?

I lol'd

Knuckle
05-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Is it really possible to have a discussion about hookah? Hookah is something you do while having discussions.

nalkin
05-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Do you have to put your mouth on the hose? If so, does that mean when there are more people you have to share hoses and all take turns putting your mouth on the same one? Isn't that a little gross?

Japan
05-06-2011, 12:41 PM
they make little plastic hookah condoms for people who are up enough on germ theory to realize the whole hookah thing is fucking stupid, but not up enough on not being a worksafe to get rid of their hookah

Mardur
05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I share bowls, bongs, blunts, etc on the daily and haven't caught the aids yet. Yall need to man up.

Knuckle
05-06-2011, 01:12 PM
grow a dick and get some pussy, if you arent hanging out with sluts that got lip herp your fine.

Zadrian
05-07-2011, 12:08 AM
they make little plastic hookah condoms for people who are up enough on germ theory to realize the whole hookah thing is fucking stupid, but not up enough on not being a worksafe to get rid of their hookah

It's all just a side hobby to relax with some friends. Maybe some of the people smoking hookah that you've seen were as raunchy as you claim, but as long as you keep it within close circles, you should be golden.

As far as how stupid it is, I guess it would depend on a person's opinion. Or rather, if you don't enjoy it, no one's forcing you to be around it.

Odeseus
05-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I share bowls, bongs, blunts, etc on the daily and haven't caught the aids yet. Yall need to man up.

^
This. For everyone that has ever smoked pot, you've shared the same smoking device before. Why would the hookah be any different?

Ennoia
05-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Strawberry Lemonade...try it...it's crazy when you're drinking a tequila sunrise.

Nedala
05-07-2011, 10:59 AM

lolwut? it just tastes good bro ;)

also: in b4 wehrmacht claims it was the jews