PDA

View Full Version : How-to: Dwarven Backflip

halfer777
04-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Does anyone here have a surefire method of performing a dwarven backflip?

If you don't know what I mean, allow me to explain: Dwarven males have a racial ability of doing a barrel roll when jumping with forward momentum. This is a commonly held misnomer, as a barrel roll would be rolling horizontally, not vertically. It's a somersault. ANYWAY:

If you perform a jump and move backward at the right time, you will do the rolling animation, but move backwards a little bit: this is a Dwarven Backflip, and I swear the timing on performing this extraordinary feat is stricter than what most fighting games require in their inputs. I've exhausted my stamina bar more than a few times trying to accomplish this.

I once beheld a dwarf displaying a strange backflip method on a med-break once in Karnors, where he would run forward, and suddenly reverse his momentum alongside a leap. He swore he was doing backflips, but I didn't see it on my end. He happened to make an all-time hi-score for consecutive backflips in this manner, ostensibly.

If you haven't seen the dwarven parkour video, please be inspired at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFXUYl2ljqI

Do any of you guys know how to perform these things consistently? I usually press spacebar and try to hit my "move back" key after a bit, and I end up doing nothing but crouching.

magnetaress
04-25-2020, 04:37 PM
tried strafing or using a trackball 180 maneuver with mouse sensaitivy on max?

I don't know if those will work just theories

Jimjam
04-25-2020, 05:51 PM
Correctly displaying other players behaviour on your client is kinda screwy here. It was only fairly recently that the ability to see other players jumping was added.

It is a lot to ask for the correct display of retrograde summersaults.

magnetaress
04-25-2020, 05:59 PM
if you want to show off ur 1337 dwarfroll'n skills buy a fancy graphics program that will screencapture to > gif and make a thread lol. gg

my GPU driver software has that built in, the 2020's are weird, I am tempted to hotkey it and see what happens lol

halfer777
04-26-2020, 12:33 AM
I can't show them off! I need to learn how to backflip consistently. What Jimjam wrote makes a lot of sense though, everyone is a bit chunky on p99.

Muggens
04-26-2020, 03:16 AM
finally a good thread

btw how do I get the fancy schmancy UI we see in the end on the EoV kill?

GinnasP99
04-26-2020, 08:42 AM
The way I got it to work is, you hit jump and then like a split second later hold back (s). It's all in the timing of when you start holding back as the jump animation plays. Even once you've got it it'll take a good bit of practice to consistently do it. If you try it and instead of a backflip your character stays ducking I feel like you're holding back just a bit too early.

Muggens
04-26-2020, 04:14 PM
Dwarves are funniest looking race. Im torn between dwarf or barb warrior twink, hmm

Mud
04-27-2020, 10:17 PM
You must earn it as a dwarf. If you want it, you'll eventually get it.

loramin
04-28-2020, 11:02 AM
This video/thread is now part of https://wiki.project1999.com/Dwarf

(Technically the video was there before, but it was just a link: now it uses the wiki's Youtube template so you can watch it in the page.)

Swish
04-29-2020, 04:23 AM
So a front roll is more of a loop-de-loop?

camelflage
06-12-2020, 12:39 AM
do you have to run forward first?

yes u do it seems like, damn i got it!! so happy