PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid penalties...

Malykor
04-19-2020, 10:13 PM
So I started a bard last week (my first toon on P99) ....and wow is XP slow as crap. I'm honestly thinking of rerolling into a warrior or rogue.

Jimjam
04-20-2020, 12:47 AM
Play what you want to and what you’ll enjoy.

If you’re enjoying your play time while levelling then hybrids have the benefit of having greater playtime before they run out of levels.

Tethler
04-20-2020, 01:17 AM
Time to put on your man-pants and get to grinding. If you just started last week, I'd guess you're only in your teens? Every class is gonna feel super slow to you when you get a few more levels.

Malykor
04-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Time to put on your man-pants and get to grinding. If you just started last week, I'd guess you're only in your teens? Every class is gonna feel super slow to you when you get a few more levels.

I wish, currently level 9. I think I may just locate my man-pants (buried deep in my closet) and get to grinding.

Geomance22
04-20-2020, 06:49 PM
its slow no matter what youre playing, just make sure its something you like

FatBalloon2
04-21-2020, 11:00 AM
Sorry to say this, but Bard has by far the fastest exp at higher levels. Can CRUISE through by kiting mobs. My bard friend did level 59 in one day. 59 took my warrior constant play for a solid week to get done. Warrior is by far the hardest and requires grouping all the way through. Rogue, while requiring grouping, can at least sneak down to groups in dungeons.

Just some helpful advice :)

BlackBellamy
04-21-2020, 12:29 PM
So I started a bard last week (my first toon on P99) ....and wow is XP slow as crap. I'm honestly thinking of rerolling into a warrior or rogue.

You know what's great about leveling my Ogre SK? You meet so many new people! You get a group and you're like hi guys and then it's all nice and social and at the end of the day you add someone to your friends list. And then two days later you're like welp time to get some exp and now you have five new faces because those guys from two days ago are four levels higher and busy. Then in thirteen years when you top out you can be like hey everybody and they're all like hey we remember you and then they say you can be off-tank on the next raid and I'm like thanks freinds!

edit: what was my point? oh yea...play the class you enjoy playing because once you max out your level you won't worry about whether you spend x or 2x hours to get there.

Mblake81
04-21-2020, 12:57 PM
And if we unroot the dragons again for some good R&F you wont be playing the max level character for more than 10 minutes anyway on average.

You get loot to look sharp on the character select screen.

Edit: Unless you join the pulling team, then you get to put on purty pink makeup and fluffy shirts because all stream cameras on you. As a bard that probably sounds appealing, make sure to give plenty of limp-wrist waves to the fans and jagged toof smiles as you pass by.

NToV Pulling sponsored by Monster Energy and Kotex

BlackBellamy
04-21-2020, 04:54 PM
Oh god I tried playing a bard I really did. But then learned what you have to do if you're a really good bard and I was like no, if I can't be a good bard I won't be any kind of bard at all.

Indecisive
04-22-2020, 11:20 AM
You picked a great class OP. It's slow for everyone past a certain point, as others pointed out, so just try not to look at the exp bar and focus on having fun. The levels will come.

Just don't take the path to the dark side and try swarming your way to 50. Unless you're an expert in the class, you'll just end up being another bad bard that knows how to kite, but not how to bard.

Zephire
04-22-2020, 11:27 AM
Oh god I tried playing a bard I really did. But then learned what you have to do if you're a really good bard and I was like no, if I can't be a good bard I won't be any kind of bard at all.

I wish more would be this self aware. Especially the 40+ bards that have no clue how to twist

Malykor
04-22-2020, 01:50 PM
I wish more would be this self aware. Especially the 40+ bards that have no clue how to twist

Twisting is the bread and butter of the Bard class, and it's actually not that difficult. (tedious, but not difficult)

Gustoo
04-22-2020, 05:42 PM
depends how much you're trying to twist

demokatt
04-23-2020, 01:07 AM
Twist three songs thats easy to do without getting super stressed. Noone knows what you doin anyway :-)

oddgospel
04-23-2020, 04:29 AM
I thought I read on the Wiki that hybrid exp penalty was taken out?

jolanar
04-23-2020, 07:57 AM
I think his point more that there is an expectation for bards at the end high to be bardgods, and playing a bard in a way that's not stressful will just feel like you are letting everyone down so why bother? After all how many memes are there about bards just playing mana song and afking.

That's my take anyways and also something I have felt about bards before as well.

Mblake81
04-23-2020, 09:50 AM
Twist three songs thats easy to do without getting super stressed. Noone knows what you doin anyway :-)

fapping, netflix, cat videos. EQ minimized

Malykor
04-23-2020, 03:41 PM
fapping, netflix, cat videos. EQ minimized

OMG this is great.

Malykor
04-23-2020, 03:43 PM
After all how many memes are there about bards just playing mana song and afking.

This is the best tutorial for bard class I've came across yet.