PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, February 27th, 2010

Rogean
02-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Welcome out newest developer, doacleric. He will be assisting with database/content development.

Code
Rogean: Outdoor NPC AE's no longer checks Line of Sight. We are also planning to remove LoS checks from specific raid mob spells as well in the future (Like Naggy/Vox Dragon Roar).
Rogean: Hopefully fixed faction wars issue by interrupting a mob's casting when charm wears off. Let me know.
Rogean: Made a small change that might help crashing while zoning issues. Let me know if this fixed anyone otherwise I'm reverting it next patch because it loads a ton of useless data.
Haynar: Fixed bug with OOC / Auction chat filters, to allow the filters to work independently of each other like they should.
Haynar: Added fix to prevent putting 2h weapons in secondary slot while looting corpse.
Haynar: Add check to prevent a pet from equipping an item in secondary, when it already has a 2h weapon equipped.
Haynar: Added PvP damage reduction to apply to dots performed on self. Due to no application, spells such as lich were causing full damage, which is inconsistent with the damage they have been historically known to apply.
Haynar: Bug fix for the check focus for reagent use on spells. With no focus, the default focus is 0. The random int to apply focus was doing a check 0,100. This caused a default 1% to apply a reagent reduction check.
Haynar: Fix to reagent use for spells, when target is no longer available on completion of spell casting. Now it will no longer use a reagent, and will give an error message that a target is needed for the spell.
Haynar: Added ability to fail using spell based Feign Death.
Haynar: If FD is used while attacking, then it will fail. This is the same way it worked in classic. You would always have to make sure attack was off when you went to FD. There was no fall to the ground message given in this case though.
Haynar: Added checks for AutoPutLootInInventory to prevent automatic equipping of improper bard instrument/weapon combinations.

Content

doacleric: Correct zone fog color added for all classic zones. Visibility should be much improved in forests as well as dungeons.
doacleric: Tyokan Mekase is no longer stuck in a wall
doacleric: Nyzil Bloodforge is no longer stuck on a mountaintop
Aeolwind: Fixed Brollus Hoost and company in Kithicor. Brollus has lost his ability to clone himself.
Aeolwind: Kithicor will be much more dangerous at night now.
Aeolwind: Lake Rathetear Gnolls will now shift at night.
Nilbog: Goblins of OOT will now be on a 6 min spawn time.
Nilbog: Corrected Milea Clothspinner's face
Nilbog: Fixed Hopeless love quest.
Nilbog: Fixed Clothspinner sisters quest.
Nilbog: Corrected Tenal Redblade's face
Nilbog: greater dark bone skeletons will now drop Darkbone Skull.
Nilbog: Corrected pixie loot issues.
Nilbog: pixie jongleur will now have primary faction JaggedpineTreefolk
Nilbog: Kurrpok Splitpaw will be executed upon spawning.
Nilbog: Readded Bladestorm, Katana of Steel Sleet to Cazic Thule. It will continue to drop until someone actually gets one!
Nilbog: Cazic Thule will once again be a shadow knight. Enjoy your HT.
Nilbog: Cazic Thule will once again have multiple pets. Between 6 and 9 to be exact.
Nilbog: Dark Deathsinger will be a bard again.
Nilbog: Neriak Commons and 3rd Gate will no longer function as outdoor zones.
Nilbog: Mystic Cloak effect will now be instant click.
Nilbog: Lizard Crusaders will be seen more frequently in the higher level areas of Cazic Thule.
Nilbog: Zahal the Vile will now appear as a ghoul.
Wenai/Nilbog/Aeolwind: Lumi_Stergnon now accepts quest items.
Wenai: Tarn_Visilin will now accept bloodstone for Gleaming Gloves and also corrected an error with enchanting the glamour stone.
Wenai: Blixkin_Entopop will now give the proper reward.
Wenai: Xelha_Nevagon now gives correct rewards for some of her newbie quests.
Wenai: Added Lizard Tails to lizardman warriors in Feerrott.
Wenai: Added Mystic Dolls to Lizardman Mystics in Feerrott.
Wenai: Made Reebo Leafsway slightly easier to trigger his quest script.
Wenai: Pungla now has a faction hit for killing them.
Wenai: Added Mammoth Calf Hides to wooly mammoth calf in Everfrost.
Wenai: Water Pets are now more resistant to Poison.
Wenai: Air Pets are now more resistant to Cold.
Wenai: Earth Pets are now more resistant to Disease.
Wenai: Fire Pets are now more resistant to Fire.
Wenai: Increased Max Damage of the 44 Fire Pet.
Wenai: Increased HP Regen of Water pets.
Wenai: Added Large Fine Steel Breastplate recipe.
Wenai: Werewolves outside of Mistmoore will no longer drop Werewolf Talon.
Wenai: Added Essence of Shadow, Book of Shadow to Shadowedmen.
Wenai: Walthin_Fireweaver will now properly award Lambent Gauntlets.
Wenai: an_undead_knight will now properly award Darkforge Bracer.
Wenai: Added Xenyari_Lisariel to Rathe Mountains. Fixed Kazzel_D-Leryt's quest script, meaning that Life Leech should be fully operational now.
Wenai: Added Rune of Scale (middle) to deepwater crocs and caimans in oasis.
Wenai: Added custom script for Quid Rilstone in Rathe Mtns.
Wenai: Slightly increased drop % of Mistmoore Granite from Gargoyles.
Wenai: Rantho Rapier is now 2HS instead of Piercing (Yes, you read that correct).
Wenai: Fixed up the teeth dropped by a_large_piranha in Rivervale.

Previously Updated

Haynar: Added a lore check that applies also to items being traded inside a bag.
Haynar: Begging Fixed & Enabled
Haynar: Fixed Trade Crash bug
Nilbog: plague shark and killer sharks now see through invis.
Nilbog: added pathing for plague shark
Nilbog: plague shark spawn time increased to 2 hours.
Nilbog: blackburrow cask will now be consumed in the process of making the blackburrow swig.
Nilbog: Guard N`Mar will now have primary faction dreadguardinner
Nilbog: Fiddy Bobick's emote fixed, quest trigger fixed
Nilbog: Rivervale piranha are now kos, social
Nilbog: Added Z check for piranha. They should be less likely to leave the water.
Nilbog: Deputies will now protect you from piranha, if they make it to land.
Nilbog: Torn Old Pouch now spawns in the Rivervale lake
Nilbog: Chomper is now kos
Nilbog: Rahotep will be less stationary.
Nilbog: Lord Soptyvr will now be killed by his own kind.
Nilbog: Added +Stormreaper and +Stormguard faction hits to evil eyes in beholder, eastkarana, and Runnyeye.
Nilbog: Removed +GuardiansoftheVale faction hits from evil eyes.
Nilbog: Osargen is now on a 6 min spawn time.
Aeolwind: Lon the Redeemed now returns unneeded items
Aeolwind: Reduced faction reward from Rathmana Allin
Aeolwind: Corrected case sensitivity for Lord Searfire
Aeolwind: Redid Both Walthin and Cryssia in Sol Ro to be, well, correct
Aeolwind: Implemented Shakey's Stuffing. Shakey's head is a OOW level quest and will not be implemented here.
Aeolwind: Updated Theron Rolius quest
Aeolwind: Mizr N`Mar now gives the correct faction adjustment
Aeolwind: Tarn Visilin now gives the correct faction adjustment
Aeolwind: Sultin now requires you have a certain faction level with him
Aeolwind: Sultin is now correctly on beta neutral faction

Yam
02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
No drop changes? =O

ammut
02-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Thank you for all the fixes

Any eta on necro charm mecanism?

Wenai: Increased HP Regen of Water pets.

Necro pet could use a hp regen boast too, it is way too low.

Goobles
02-27-2010, 04:14 PM
*claps happily for DoACleric*

This is my FAVORITE part of the patchnotes!

Aeolwind
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Good god I look like a slacker in these patch notes ><.

Rogean
02-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Theres a crash occuring, this will be a few minutes longer than usual.

Rogean
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Found & Fixed. Zones booting now. 5 Minutes.

Aaron
02-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Awesome. Water pet is no longer useless.

Wenai
02-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Awesome. Water pet is no longer useless.
Water pet imo is the best pet. Decent HP and nukes just as hard as a fire pet. Sure the DS isn't as high as the fire pet, but the extra HPs are nice.

yaaaflow
02-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Useless? a focused 49 water pet is far and away the best pet for most uses before these changes.

Myrkskog
02-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Good notes and thanks for the work. Unfortunately, every time I try to zone my game just sits there, and server select screen is coming up blank most of the time when I log in.

Vermatrax
02-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Im having the same issues

LazyFuj
02-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Still down? I had trouble pulling up these forums..

siinge
02-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Auto Attack and FD

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=366

I can't speak for Necro or SK FD, but I know for a fact attack does not have to be turned off in order for FD to work for, at the very least, monks. As a matter of fact, I've actualy FD'd, accidently swung at a mob right after from lag, and still had agro cleared. I was no longer laying on the ground, but agro was still gone.

works almost every time to stop attacking long enough to keep FD from failing as much. sure you can FD while attacking but i've always heard that increases the failure percentage and that you should stop attacking first and then execute the FD.

ammut believes that necro charm has a different saving throw than charisma.

This is what ive come up with still doing some research:

http://www.castersrealm.com/index.php/everquest/permalink/necromancer_creation_guide/

Charisma: This affects amount you will be paid for goods by NPC merchants, and how much they will pay you. It also affects the saving throw on certain Necromancer spells (charms specifically). There is much debate over the true importance of Charisma. It seems that the truly defining element which impacts on charm durations is actually the targets Magic Resistance. Some people claim that it makes a large difference. Studies run at Casters Realm have been inconclusive, so you may choose to say "better safe than sorry" and add some points at creation. Keep in mind though that all Necromancers start with low charisma, and even adding a few bonus points will not be making much difference.

More on Charm:

the only thing what counts is LUCK and MR debuff. giving the charmed mob neg mr items helped in younger days.

there have been endless discussion about the impact of CHA on charm duration or whatever. even a dev did answer this very precisely on sony boards. the answer is: yes, there is an impact but its absolutley negligible. at least for non chanters.

Charm duration has a cha check in it. It is the same for all classes that charm whether you are a bard, enchanter, or necromancer. The higher your cha the longer your charm will last weighted against the random number generator.

zukismooth
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Good notes and thanks for the work. Unfortunately, every time I try to zone my game just sits there, and server select screen is coming up blank most of the time when I log in.

Same here. It's been happening since the patch.

Pheer
02-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Wenai: Added Xenyari_Lisariel to Rathe Mountains. Fixed Kazzel_D-Leryt's quest script, meaning that Life Leech should be fully operational now.

boner imminent

Wenai
02-27-2010, 09:49 PM

boner imminent
I believe someone did the quest as soon as the server came up. I am pretty sure it worked (that quest almost killed me to fix it).

Tsuken
03-01-2010, 06:43 AM
10 AM game time and Kithicor still has tons of undead walking around. I don't think it should be this way. Didn't they appear between 6PM and 6 AM or something?

atvaata
03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Rogean: Made a small change that might help crashing while zoning issues. Let me know if this fixed anyone otherwise I'm reverting it next patch because it loads a ton of useless data.

this crap makes me crash to server select like every other zone. was fine before it was implemented.

Glam
03-02-2010, 05:03 AM
10 AM game time and Kithicor still has tons of undead walking around. I don't think it should be this way. Didn't they appear between 6PM and 6 AM or something?

its 8pm to 8 am, since HFL druid I have been runing there alot and thats the time it was earlier............

Dabamf
03-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I can't speak for Necro or SK FD, but I know for a fact attack does not have to be turned off in order for FD to work for, at the very least, monks. As a matter of fact, I've actualy FD'd, accidently swung at a mob right after from lag, and still had agro cleared. I was no longer laying on the ground, but agro was still gone.

works almost every time to stop attacking long enough to keep FD from failing as much. sure you can FD while attacking but i've always heard that increases the failure percentage and that you should stop attacking first and then execute the FD.
This is wrong. Auto attack broke monk FD at least through Velious.

Haynar
03-02-2010, 06:42 PM
This is wrong. Auto attack broke monk FD at least through Velious.
It was at least through SoL and probably through PoP too. I cannot remember when it changed specifically.

One thing that I didn't add, was if you turned on attack while FD, it would break FD, while you lay there on the ground. I can add that too, if we really want to go totally classic. But there are more important things to fix right now. I have a big melee mitigation revamp that I am trying to finish up, that frankly is working pretty damn awesome so far. Also there are charm/lull issues with Necros, amoung other things.

Haynar

Virtuosos
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
-cough- tranlocatorspawntimeinoot -cough-

:p no problems noticed except the silly ddos guy...keep up the good work