PDA

View Full Version : getting disconnected within a minute of loggin

oddgospel
04-17-2020, 01:48 AM
Aloha,

I'm getting disconnected from the game after less than a minute when i get onto the server. details below.

New to the game and playing from Hawaii. high speed internet, works great, super fast downloads and streaming is totally fine. I'm worried it might be some ISP setting i don't know to change that is nurfing being on a mmo though..

I'm playing on a new inexpensive gaming laptop i just picked up from costco. Don't think any issues with specs. Game runs and looks great, except for the getting kicked.

I'm having the same issue when i try logging on to shards of dalaya. Works for a few seconds, lets me interact with npc then they don't respond to anything and disconnected.

I tried finding things on this in the forums but maybe i'm searching under the wrong name for the issue.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Adron
04-17-2020, 12:07 PM
If you have a VPN you can use, try that. If it works, then you can just always use it and not worry about what your ISP was doing to mess with you.
If you have no VPN or it doesn't fix it, are you on wireless? try a wired connection if so.
If wired and still sucky, try going into your modem/router and telling it to use consistent NAT if available, or disabling source port remapping, or turn off all UDP related application layer crapola.

oddgospel
04-17-2020, 06:05 PM
looking at VPN options now though i'll be honest i don't know what that will work.

Some extra testing this morning. I've connected the computer though my GF cellphone hotspot and it worked just fine. It is just the cable internet that is not allowing me to stay connected for some reason.

Spectrum worthless so far when i called them to ask what type of setting sit might be.

Any insight anyone might have would be appreciated. Mahalo!

Adron
04-17-2020, 11:21 PM
If you have your own home router independent of the spectrum modem/router, you could go into the spectrum equipment, and change it in bridge mode, which would eliminate (most) of the router side of it, and maybe fix your issue. gigabit routers under $100 aren't difficult to find.
Audio/video, also UDP applications, get thrown for a loop by most coax carrier modem/routers.

oddgospel
04-17-2020, 11:43 PM
Thank you very much, VPN worked. Annoying that my ISP seems to force me to buy and use one just to play a game. But at least things are working now. thank you.