PDA

View Full Version : Help

Bit85
04-14-2020, 05:25 PM
Just starting out and wanted to start this adventure with my son. We both got it all installed and when we went to log into the game together one was locked due to Ip issues. Is there anyway that we can play on here together at the same time?

loramin
04-14-2020, 05:45 PM
To prevent "boxing" (one player playing multiple accounts) you can't have two people playing from the same IP address here ... unless you apply for an "IP Exemption". Use the petition forum if you want to do that, but understand you may have to wait a week or two for the GMs to answer it.

If you want a (slightly) more expensive option you can purchase a VPN (like $5/month) and put one computer on it. This will give you two IPs ... but to be clear, even if you do this you are still bound by the "one human, one account at a time" rule. If you (the human) even play the second computer for a minute, and a GM catches you, you'll lose both accounts, so that rule is very important to follow, whether you get an exemption or a VPN.

But as long as you do follow it, and do one of those two things, you and your son can play together.

solleks
04-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Hint: certain spots can be very hot like your stove or even your phone

Bit85
04-14-2020, 05:55 PM
Thanks

loramin
04-14-2020, 05:59 PM
Hint: certain spots can be very hot like your stove or even your phone

That's also an option, but then you have to worry about hitting your phone's data cap and having slow internet the rest of the month (or getting charged extra, if your cell plan sucks).

I see that as more of a temporary solution than a permanent one (eg. if you go the IP exemption route it can be a good "stopgap" measure until the exemption goes through).

RevSaber
04-14-2020, 07:05 PM
You could play this game on your cells data for like a decade without hitting your cap, just fyi ;)

solleks
04-14-2020, 09:43 PM
Yes unless you are tabbing like a little pervert it uses almost nothing . i have checked it's almost undetectable