PDA

View Full Version : Late Bloomer(s)

P99Norwolf
04-11-2020, 08:24 PM
My wife and I played EQ "back in the day" with our room mate on EMarr. The decline of EQ with its development had us shift to look for re-capturing that flavor with modernization (like many looked for) in EQ2, AoC, Vanguard, and many others including beta testing. Of course work, life family and 50# later here we are still looking and now at least having the time to relax and enjoy P1999.

Still installing on my laptop first then once up I will get it up on my wife's laptop and we will see what tomorrow brings.

Best Regards All
Stay Safe.

Muggens
04-12-2020, 12:48 PM
Thanks n luck to you and the wife. Remember to petition for an IP exempt or use a VPN/mobile hot spot.

P99Norwolf
04-13-2020, 12:46 AM
Thanks n luck to you and the wife. Remember to petition for an IP exempt or use a VPN/mobile hot spot.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I was playing on a hotspot last few days so its nice there is a path to be able to not have to once/if approved.

Were having a blast btw... I the thrill of us thigh slugging it out with a yellow mob and just making it... Or... of death chasing you at 1/2 bubble health and not knowing where you are in the zone... ;)

Mblake81
04-13-2020, 09:24 AM
The decline of EQ with its development had us shift to look for re-capturing that flavor with modernization (like many looked for) in EQ2, AoC, Vanguard, and many others including beta testing. Of course work, life family and 50# later here we are still looking and now at least having the time to relax and enjoy P1999.

Horses for EQ.. Horse armor for Oblivion. Nightmare Fuel.

https://i.imgur.com/Ep7dARQ.png

Welcome to P99

P99Norwolf
04-14-2020, 02:32 AM
I remember the planes with nightmares.... Fun times...

Mblake81
04-14-2020, 09:39 AM
I remember the planes with nightmares.... Fun times...

They became real ones later. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_Windows)

magnetaress
04-14-2020, 10:54 AM
nothing wrong with being a 'late' bloomer, ur a bloomer, regardless

Gustoo
04-14-2020, 11:43 AM
Fun. Welcome back to this game. Remember to play for fun, or else you already lost. Adventure with your heart.

Probably should play a halfling but maybe not.

iAmAbsurd
04-14-2020, 12:24 PM
Welcome!

My wife and I were in your shoes exactly very recently, unfortunately I couldn’t get her to stick around. The game just has too much downtime for her. I however, have spent any available time possible in Norrath and have no desire to slow down. I need to pick up the pace leveling a bit! I started a cleric (evil, commonlands area) Sunday and just hit level 10 last night. If you need a healer or are looking for a group let me know, I will be around in the evenings (CST) pretty much every day. I hope you enjoy your time back as much as I have thus far.