PDA

View Full Version : It's the New Dwarf Smell!

ZamnilBlackaxe1989
04-10-2020, 11:34 AM
Hello!

I'm Zamnil, I'm brand new to EverQuest, and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. Never played EverQuest before, but its been in my periphery for a long time, my MMO experience is WoW to the burning crusade expansion and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I thought it'd be good to come and see what one of the foundation stones of the modern MMORPG was like, so here I am ready and willing to play, learn and hopefully have fun with all the rest of you.

My character at the moment is Smednir the dwarf warrior. He'd be named Zamnil to match my forum name but someone already has it in game, unfortunately. My timezone is GMT+10 so might not actually see many people running around, but if anyone else is wandering around around the hours of 4:00-10:00 AEST I'd be more than happy to group up with you.

Mblake81
04-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Hello!

Never played EverQuest before, but its been in my periphery for a long time, my MMO experience is WoW to the burning crusade expansion and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Hello, welcome to Project 1999.

I thought it'd be good to come and see what one of the foundation stones of the modern MMORPG was like, so here I am ready and willing to play, learn and hopefully have fun with all the rest of you.

The Spirit Wills But The Flesh Is Weak

Prepare Thy Body (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3095933&postcount=29)

unleashedd
04-10-2020, 01:19 PM
you have chosen the race wisely:
- access to best newbie continent
- imo best looking end-tier helmet (old game, graphics are generally uninspiring)
- jump animation is a flip! WIN right there!

but prepare for a lot of frustration - warriors without twink items cant solo much, and will have trouble keeping agro in groups. aint nobody got time fo dat. go read the wiki please; its a godsend

Mblake81
04-10-2020, 01:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nP2QqY7.jpg

ZamnilBlackaxe1989
04-10-2020, 10:30 PM
you have chosen the race wisely:
- access to best newbie continent
- imo best looking end-tier helmet (old game, graphics are generally uninspiring)
- jump animation is a flip! WIN right there!

but prepare for a lot of frustration - warriors without twink items cant solo much, and will have trouble keeping agro in groups. aint nobody got time fo dat. go read the wiki please; its a godsend

Yeah, I realise I may have made a massive mistake making my warrior first, did some looking around and maybe making a caster would have been better to get funds and items rolling in. But, we'll see how it goes.