PDA

View Full Version : One of my characters keeps freezing

Cscott
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a strange issue that just started this morning.

I have several characters all across the world. Grader, my Ranger in gfay seems to be bugged. He had a crash this morning and when I restarted I am unable to log him into the world for more then 2-5 seconds before the game freezes.

My other characters are all fine and playable. Im playing my mage right now in nek / EC area ( Nero ) and the game runs fine. When I try and log into my ranger the game freezes.

Anything I can do? I cant CR my Rangers gear which I hope doesnt rot. Perhaps a kick to a different zone may help. I have never had this type of bug happen before.

Cscott
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
resolved : deleteing all that character specific UI files and relogging in seemed to have fixed the issue

eriamjh
02-27-2010, 09:24 PM
This same issue attacked me earlier today. I suspect it was caused by spawning a new chat log, redirecting OOC to it, shrinking it to <1 line, and waiting for someone to OOC. It also may only be triggered after restarting, such as when the chat log is <1 line and has 0 lines (a potentially special case)..

My client even 100% CPUd the first time I re-sized this window to <1 line and tossed other, prior UI changes. After 5 nearly immediate crashes this morning I re-size the window and am mysteriously crash free.

This is with the standard install plus the three zip packs (2 + old ui) and really nothing else changed but the extra chat log and hot keys.

Cscott
02-27-2010, 09:26 PM
hmm now this may be the case! I did indeed make a new window for ooc and resized it just before that happend.