PDA

View Full Version : Project Gorgon

Zoggren
04-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Anyone playing? Looks like a blast. I never cared for intense graphics so the lack of them here doesn't bother me, but I am not so much into the skill level up system. One if the dev's has an eq background too. Dialog seems more adult, which is refreshing.

Visual
04-02-2020, 09:31 AM
Anyone playing? Looks like a blast. I never cared for intense graphics so the lack of them here doesn't bother me, but I am not so much into the skill level up system. One if the dev's has an eq background too. Dialog seems more adult, which is refreshing.

Isn't it just like 1 dev and a friend? I was amazed to see how much their limited staff can do when Pantheon has taken a decade and still not alpha stage.

Zoggren
04-04-2020, 02:05 AM
Yes, it is a husband and wife team. I give them kudos, because most of the other crowdfunded mmo's have been scams.

Indecisive
04-05-2020, 06:39 PM
I tried it when it was still free, right before it went into the paid early access or whatever it is now. Couldn't really get into it.

Thrombosis
04-07-2020, 04:44 PM
There's a free demo on Steam, which apparently has content for 15-20 hours. I downloaded it today, first impressions are that it's better than Elder Scrolls Online and Neverwinter.

loramin
04-07-2020, 05:53 PM
This wasn't even on my radar, but it looks awesome.

If someone here (that I respect) endorses it, I'll have no choice but to give it a shot :)

Bigsham
04-12-2020, 09:12 PM
post pictures or dont make a thread about it

Mota
04-13-2020, 09:39 PM
This wasn't even on my radar, but it looks awesome.

If someone here (that I respect) endorses it, I'll have no choice but to give it a shot :)

I'm a lurker but I've been around a long time. I think you might enjoy it.

I think anybody who enjoys p99 might enjoy it. You can learn any skill but they go up by using them so there's a good natural balance to how many skills you can practically use (though I haven't played long term to see if you can eventually be skilled in everything). And there's skills for all sorts of random and non combat issues, like burying corpses to reduce respawn times, or a skill for dying that gave me some random bonus stats, also gardening to grow plants for tradeskills, so many skills and abilities to use and level.

Worth a play, I got lots of hours out of it which I enjoyed. Probably would have put more hours if more of the game was complete, but I started playing really early in development and came back to it a few times. Haven't played since full launch but will likely give it a go after seeing this thread.

tristantio
04-13-2020, 11:01 PM
Don't drink the pig potion unless you have the un-pig, else it will be permanent.

The pro is that you can skill up as a pig