PDA

View Full Version : Pet Experience Penalty?

Serendib
03-29-2020, 06:57 PM
Hello! I have looked for a definitive answer to this already on the forums but have been unable to find concrete proof one way or the other.

On Green Server:

Is there currently an exp penalty for pets doing more than a certain % of damage to an enemy while you are soloing?

I have been told that for example, as a mage, if your pet does 51% of the damage to an enemy while solo, you will lose 50% exp for that kill while solo. But that this penalty will not apply if you are grouped. Is this correct? It seems to be true from my experience, but I have no numerical proof.

Izmael
03-29-2020, 07:06 PM
Yes, you can always reclaim / dismiss your pet right before the mob dies and get full exp finishing it with a small nuke.

That, or duo with another pet class, exp penalty goes away but on top of that you'll kill a lot faster and make much more exp.

Serendib
03-29-2020, 07:14 PM
Can you cite me the evidence of this? I'm trying to avoid hearsay

Hideousclaw
03-29-2020, 07:57 PM
Can you cite me the evidence of this? I'm trying to avoid hearsay

They are correct. If pet does 50+% dmg, it eats XP. if youre in a group of ANY size and your pet does all the damage you will get normal XP for the group size. The group negates pet penalty.

Reclaiming pet removes it from eating your xp.

magnetaress
03-29-2020, 09:03 PM
As a mage. Just nuke 50% until lvl 39, then it makes sense to chain cast pets.

As a necro it was easier to just not use a pet or to just dot and root rot and use pet as a shield, 25% dot

or u could play a wizard and do away with pet shenanigains all together.

smellis
03-29-2020, 09:36 PM
or u could play a wizard and cry yourself to sleep at night starting around level 30.
ftfy

magnetaress
03-29-2020, 11:03 PM
ftfy

Uhhh great quad spell at 34 or is it 39?. hello. Also at 30 the # of afk solo pull mobs opens up. Can find a great mob in almost every zone at that level to bind on top of and nuke dead between battle star Galactica episodes.

smellis
03-31-2020, 12:12 PM
and nuke dead between battle star Galactica episodes.
ohh yes the solo wiz life is pretty glorious. at least until the exp bar fades away. perhaps green is truely the savior of wizards.

Gustoo
03-31-2020, 12:14 PM
Have they successfully fixed the pet exp nerf for green server to invoke classic?

I miss the old days when I would not kill my pet all the time.