PDA

View Full Version : I really want to play a troll.

magnetaress
03-29-2020, 10:20 AM
But their base classes just don't interest me that much.

Can't be a troll wizard. So... uhmm. I don't know what to do.

I mean I guess I could roll a troll shaman and spec evocation. http://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Strike is basically a late game ice commet DPM wise, n probably not to shabby combined with canni dancing and shammy survivability. However it is definitely not real DPS.

:eek:

billwilliams
03-29-2020, 11:40 AM
shaman > wizard, 4 dots stacked are like 4 ice comets by end of their ticks at 49+ and you can always DD on top or get lucky enough for JBB

also innothule swamp best starting zone in the game (gator skins make you rich), guk tunnel is the real trade hub of norrath, not ec

magnetaress
03-29-2020, 12:04 PM
shaman > wizard, 4 dots stacked are like 4 ice comets by end of their ticks at 49+ and you can always DD on top or get lucky enough for JBB

also innothule swamp best starting zone in the game (gator skins make you rich), guk tunnel is the real trade hub of norrath, not ec

Thanks for the pro-tips. Learn something new about Norrath every day.

/pras

Izmael
03-29-2020, 12:43 PM
SK is a pretty fun class to play. Fun spells, fun to gear, interesting solo abilities, great in any group.
Interesting and rewarding epic quest.

Troll SK also has amazing RP potential.

Shrubwise
03-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Roll enchanter, use troll form ——> win

magnetaress
03-29-2020, 02:46 PM
Roll enchanter, use troll form ——> win

I feel like real trolls would know the difference but just not say anything.

Chubba
03-29-2020, 05:12 PM
They would certainly know the difference as you walk around practically naked apart from some strangely coloured silk garb over your chest.

Hasbinbad
03-29-2020, 05:50 PM
i always wanted troll to be able to be a rogue.

troll rogue just has a great ring to it.

think about a troll in full ws or mrylo.

/petition

pizzasuit
03-30-2020, 07:10 AM
I feel like real trolls would know the difference but just not say anything.

We can always smell the non-big stench of pink meats.

Christina.
03-30-2020, 11:20 AM
i always wanted troll to be able to be a rogue.

troll rogue just has a great ring to it.

think about a troll in full ws or mrylo.

/petition

Me too. Troll being able to be a rogue just makes sense to me. Bugglegup in Steamfont mountain is a rogue why not

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 11:28 AM
Maybe I will box a troll shm on green for practice. And to help newbies. Still maining my wiz on red though )

Gustoo
03-30-2020, 12:02 PM
I thought you were a necro on red.

Trolls are tough because I feel like ogres are better at everything troll does, and then if you're a regen guy, iksars are better for everything a troll does.

But maybe I gotta wise up.

It would have been cool if either troll or ogre could have been a Ranger and not an SK. If this was the case, ranger would be a more powerful class by getting big race benefits.

I could picture either ogre or troll with their face to the ground tracking frogs or whatever.

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 01:06 PM
I thought you were a necro on red.

Trolls are tough because I feel like ogres are better at everything troll does, and then if you're a regen guy, iksars are better for everything a troll does.

But maybe I gotta wise up.

It would have been cool if either troll or ogre could have been a Ranger and not an SK. If this was the case, ranger would be a more powerful class by getting big race benefits.

I could picture either ogre or troll with their face to the ground tracking frogs or whatever.

I am, but now I am maining a red99 wizard with 1k mana at lvl 13 now that I can get gear ez :)

I now have an Red99 necro alt, and likely a sham alt on green 99 soon. That way when I feel like poopsockin wiz, I can tab over and nuke some frogs & pass around some sowregens.

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 01:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UeWlDBS.png
https://i.imgur.com/bPTtTJi.png

Me Kaglari pretty sister now!!!! <3 C U REAL SOON @ FFROAKIES :p

No worrieuz, still hitting the paint hard on r99 wiz, but u will see afk Aurie occasionally some on greeeeen.

Much love, /pras EVERQUEST.

Gustoo
03-30-2020, 02:25 PM
Nice work and good strat.

BlackBellamy
03-30-2020, 02:31 PM

But maybe I gotta wise up. .

Outside of the eternal min-max debates, they're roughly equal for Shaman and SK roles. It's true that Troll is somewhat a boutique choice, but not really tougher in terms of progression. There are several classes where race really makes a difference but for SK and Shaman IMO just pick the best model for your fashionquest.

Gustoo
03-30-2020, 02:33 PM
Its purely the FSI

Otherwise I'd be an iksar or dark elf shadowknight and a barbarian warrior.

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 03:05 PM
For me, it is that, I have never been a troll in my entire life, I needed a fresh experience....

so...

Big froakkkie come for trollz but Aurie! SmASH them gud with her giant wIzArD staff!!!!!!!! & take GRIM FROGz Rusty Scythes away so no more trolLz is hUrtz!

Staff get given to troll aurmie so Aurie can lead troll Thwo VitkRy agiants evuL frgozez doing dark things in the dark gukz!

Swamp is safe for nows!

Scoojitsu
03-30-2020, 03:53 PM
Big froakkkie come for trollz but Aurie!

Sorry to be the one to tell you. But your char name says Aurei, not Aurie. :(

magnetaress
03-30-2020, 04:17 PM
Aurei name eeze maJik so it letders change lots. So random! Iz Y Aruie SO GUD at wIzardess sTuff!Sorry to be the one to tell you. But your char name says Aurei, not Aurie. :(

:eek:;):cool:

Tzug
03-30-2020, 10:16 PM
Your instincts are good. Trolls are the best race.

Christina.
03-30-2020, 11:17 PM
Race is all about what you want to look like to be honest, in the end that's what it all boils down to.

You can make a iksar shadowknight that can walk around Felwithe safe with enough orc kills if you want.

magnetaress
03-31-2020, 08:45 AM
Race is all about what you want to look like to be honest, in the end that's what it all boils down to.

You can make a iksar shadowknight that can walk around Felwithe safe with enough orc kills if you want.

I use to never want to look like a troll.

I am however, really digg'n da swamp eXperiance!

Trolls are cute, enough in their own way. I am getting less vain as I get older. ;) :p

goldlush
04-11-2020, 11:03 PM

How does it make one rich? Are they worth a lot of vendors or is it to sell leatherfoot raider skullcaps?

magnetaress
04-11-2020, 11:05 PM
they are bought for 50p a pop so u can easily make a few hundred p on a lvl 10 char ) people dont want to kill the gators so they buy em from newbs

Blingy
04-12-2020, 11:22 AM
How rare is rare on the skins? Is it like 1 skin per 5 gators? 1 in 20? 1 in 50? My level 3 ogre sk will be looking for a new place to hunt when the lizardman broodlings green out.

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 12:17 PM
It is fairly rare. an hr of hunting or more. I don't remember ever seeing a lot of them.

solleks
04-12-2020, 12:26 PM
i really loved ogres and trolls when i was a youngin i've never got past like 20 with one though

magnetaress
04-12-2020, 12:36 PM
i really loved ogres and trolls when i was a youngin i've never got past like 20 with one though

Ya mine is still lvl 7, i am thinking of reroling DE war on green or something, I want a PC that can walk around like runneye and grobb and permafrost non-kos, some mixtures work, i know my prexus wiz can go to sola without being harrased by the gobbs

Muggens
04-12-2020, 12:50 PM

Same here I have several in their 30s on blue. I love em but also start to kinda hate em after a while

JJAndrews
04-16-2020, 06:44 AM
Hello everyone,
I probably won’t get to the level of a wizard soon. I recently downloaded the game, I play as often as possible, but I see no success.Check the best baby rocker at top-mom.com (https://top-mom.com/best-baby-rocker/) .

Shrubwise
04-16-2020, 06:07 PM
LOL. That's the first spam I've ever seen on these boards.

billwilliams
04-24-2020, 05:15 PM
So how did your troll adventure go?