PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ranger needs some basic help understanding track

Chinetter
03-27-2020, 06:25 PM
I think I am not understanding how the track skill works...my lvl4 ranger trained 10 points into it. I click on track and up pops the tracking window. It lists the nearby guards plus a couple of mobs, this is while standing in front of Kaladim.

But the list never changes. I click the "track" button over and over, no change. Even though various mobs are walking right by me, they never appear on the track window list. It's as if the list never refreshes...what am I missing here?

Gustoo
03-27-2020, 07:15 PM
I think you need to hit the button again to refresh.

Also keep tracking. your range expands as you level up.

That said I don't think that track functionality is fully classic here but I don't really know how.

good luck

YendorLootmonkey
03-27-2020, 07:37 PM
There's the tracking skill button that brings the tracking window up, and then there's the Track button on the tracking window itself that starts tracking the target that you select. Two different things.

If you press the tracking skill button again, your tracking window will refresh. If you press the track button on the window with a target selected, the tracking window will close and you will start tracking the selected target. If you do not select a target and just keep pressing the track button on the tracking window, nothing will happen.

Chinetter
03-28-2020, 04:35 PM
Bingo, that's what I wasn't grasping. Thanks.

gherron
03-29-2020, 10:08 PM
This is for way way down the line:

When Tracking PHs (like for the Peggy cloak), set track to NORMAL. Normal shows mobs that have recently popped (most recent on top).

Use this in conjunction with any timer.