PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play with my brother because we live in the same house??

Seetherrr
03-26-2020, 11:00 PM
I have been WFH because of the Corona virus and I saw some people playing P99 on Twitch and it got me nostalgic so I talked to some of my friends and we decided we wanted to play together. My brother and I have gone through the hassle of getting windows partitions set up on our Macs and going through the entire installation process and now that we both got through it we found that when trying to login to the server it states "this IP has a temporary block on it". I understand that dual boxing is not allowed and that could be why the IP is blocked but we both registered our accounts with different cell numbers / email addresses. Is there any way that we can play together without having to jump through more hoops (I know I could use a VPN but that's another pain to set up).

Seetherrr
03-27-2020, 02:22 PM
For any other new players trying to play with friends in the same household you need to go to the Petition/Exploit portion of the Forums and post a request for an IP exemption. From what I have read they tend to do the exemptions in batches and I am not quite sure how long it will take, some have gotten them in under 5 days, some say it took a month (I hope that isn't the case).

The forum is at: https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

The format for making the post is this:

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities (real first names) / relations to those players, and please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify. This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Loginserver Account Name
If you fail to provide us the format we have requested it will delay your request.
If you have requested an IP Exemption in the past please provide those accounts too.
This will fix the "Temporary IP ban" error.

madgarin
03-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Read the information in the petition forum about applying for an IP exemption

Lindsay Carouselle
03-27-2020, 10:29 PM
I had a recent situation involving my wife. I wanted her to try the game out and see what I've been raving about all these years. I submitted a petition, and the moderators answered my plea in a handful of days.

Thanks to them, now my wife and I can travel as a dynamic duo across the globe!