PDA

View Full Version : Altergate beta

Tombom
05-01-2011, 12:03 AM
is fun bros come lvl up and get some yellow text and mabey help test it too <3s

Mardur
05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
The Altergate server opens tomorrow (Friday) at 5 PM PST 8 PM EST.

Here's the official habub:

Altergate - Open Racewars Server Begins Friday

We've been working on this server for a long time. Here are the highlights:

PvP
-Attack Anyone: whether they be on your team, or low level, but you won't want to do it often because there are repercussions.
-PvP Points System: earn points based on how good the person you killed is. Go in to debt for dying, less if you suck.
-"Most Wanted" Leaderboard: See who is currently worth the most points to kill.
-Website integrated with in-game stats and pvp stats.
-Many tools to stem hacks.

World
-9 zones: never find yourself alone, or running across 4 zones to find some pvp.
-Totally custom content
-Over 600 custom items
-Content made to encourage pvp
-Raid content made for pvp

Server launches this Friday at 5PM PST.

http://alter-gate.com

I played this server last weekend for the beta and had a blast, even though I grossly outleveled everyone so it was hard to find PvP. If you're like me and have played classic PVP 14871987489147981 times, then you'll want to give this server a chance. There's tons of new loot, quests, and rares to find and defend from other players. All the customizations on this server are pretty great. You gain PVP points from kills that you can spend on weapons/armor/clickies. There's a "most wanted" board so you can see which players are worth the most points. Kills are tweeted to http://www.twitter.com/altergate. A lot of "important" things are clumped together to promote pvp. Certain high profile mobs will shout their location to the zone so not only are you fighting a mob, you need to defend from players that happen to be in the zone as well.

Could go on and on on this server, but just try it out. The only thing that can ruin it is low population which equals no pvp and boredom. If the population stays healthy and content keeps getting added regularly (Tarwine is fleshing out like 3+ zones over this week) I'd rather play this than Red99.

Dojii
05-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Altergate doing big things getting setup real big?

Mardur
05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Also if that doesn't make you want to play, this should:

Believe me, i've been telling bros everywhere.

Got a squad waiting for 5pm PST.

loobusk
05-05-2011, 07:24 PM
No point in a red server now.

wehrmacht
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
No point in a red server now.

It's more like the exact opposite. Most people were waiting for P99 PvP and didn't know this altergate server even existed. They will probably end up holding off from playing on it in order to not get burned out leveling in anticipation of the p99 one. I'll give this server a try but it's a pain in the ass not knowing what classes are going to be horrible before you play on it. Also, that was a pretty poor attempt at propaganda blue server player.

naez
05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Sweet can't wait to take a dump on Warsaint's acker ass "squad". I remember he was on my team on the cohpvp1.0, ranger named Ooooo, but got banned for dupin and ackin. I'll be there day1 bros, unless I go out since it's friday bitches let's get fucked up get drunk and snort a bunch of xanny shoot up the pus in our speed bumps and die

Darwoth
05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
World
-9 zones: never find yourself alone, or running across 4 zones to find some pvp.
-Totally custom content
-Over 600 custom items
-Content made to encourage pvp
-Raid content made for pvp

=(

as with all eq emulators you arent playing eq at all but rather someones bastardized version, might take a look but this sounds more like guildwars or something not eq.

Darwoth
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Improved resist system

i am now vomiting

Friday and Saturday population topped 25 players

lol

Amuk
05-05-2011, 09:01 PM
25 aint bad for beta, I just ran around friendly fire killing my own team till I was kos then reroll and repeat - no sense playen it when wipe was soon.

JayDee
05-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Sweet can't wait to take a dump on Warsaint's acker ass "squad". I remember he was on my team on the cohpvp1.0, ranger named Ooooo, but got banned for dupin and ackin. I'll be there day1 bros, unless I go out since it's friday bitches let's get fucked up get drunk and snort a bunch of xanny shoot up the pus in our speed bumps and die

Fag stole my necros name Oooo. Prolly why everyone confuses me for a hacker.

JayDee
05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Im gonna try this out at launch, cause it will be my only chance to have an equal playing field since all you gays play all day & night.

notahipster
05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
i agree with jaydee well i came late to server

Arclyte
05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
what is altergate?

are there nerds there?

naez
05-06-2011, 12:37 AM
uh whatu think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/ArclytePS/chew.gif

moklianne
05-06-2011, 09:05 AM
25 aint bad for beta, I just ran around friendly fire killing my own team till I was kos then reroll and repeat - no sense playen it when wipe was soon.

Kunark beta rarely hit 25...

Ruinous
05-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Kunark beta rarely hit 25...

Kunark wasn't a beta run for a new server.....

......... moar periods inc ..........

Knuckle
05-06-2011, 01:17 PM
this isnt the new red99 you dipshits its a pvp fix, make your own server or stfu.

Mardur
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Wut. No one claimed for this to be red99. But honestly I prefer not taking a month to get to max level just to raid CT for the 99999th time.