PDA

View Full Version : Good Velious Duo Spot?

mike13bc
03-22-2020, 09:08 PM
Just getting back into the swing of things. Got a Necro and Mage duo and we're looking for a good xp spot. 54-57ish. Any thoughts? Looking at a Velious spot but Kunark suggestions are good too.

Bardp1999
03-23-2020, 04:04 AM
Somewhere where the necro can charm would be best.

Basement of howling stones would be great, anywhere in KC,

Velious is pretty shitty to level in, especially as 2 casters. Anything in Velks would be hard, Geos in WL would be hard, cant really think of any other good xps camp in velious.

KC is honestly my best recomendation

Tethler
03-23-2020, 04:38 AM
Chardok entrance hall and/or castle entrance if you kill fast enough is another option too. Nice bonus of random money items dropping off trash mobs.

Wallicker
03-23-2020, 06:56 AM
I’d recommend the hole, Velks, seb, KC, chardok, HS, SolB.

Honestly your Kunark and classic zones mobs will have half the hp as their counterparts in velious... any zone where the necro has the ability to fear kite is gonna be great for y’all with two hasted summoned backstab pets you will shred.

Izmael
03-23-2020, 06:58 AM
I'd try WW probably, just use the pets and fear kite.

kjs86z
03-23-2020, 07:24 AM
Best by far is gonna be howling stones. The mage just has to understand the necro is going to be doing most of the heavy lifting.

Start in basement to get the swing of things then go to North. In north, there is a safe spot at corner of the ramp / half wall you can AFK / camp out at as well which is nice. Just be careful of the trap that is right there (you will fall through to basement and likely die if you don't gate out). Treat all carpets as if they are traps to be safe.

Play it like the necro is solo save for the fact you don't have to worry about pets taking XP. Use the charm pets to eat all the harm touches...break / kill low hp necro pets and keep cycling through.

Once you get the hang of it, the levels are going to fly by. You will wipe from time to time and have a blast doing it. Also will encounter soloers and other small groups for opportunities to team up and be social (adding a shaman, enchanter, cleric, 2nd necro, bard, druid...or any combo of the aforementioned will be fun and add more room for error).

Enjoy!

Christina.
03-23-2020, 09:31 AM
Basement of howling stones would be great, anywhere in KC

KC is honestly my best recomendation

HS would be best exp but requires more experience player as well. KC is alot safer and decent exp, in HS you are going to eat a few deaths no doubt.

mike13bc
03-23-2020, 12:36 PM
Appreciate the comments all.

HS is the goal, but need to get my Mage buddy keys. Deaths will be had there, but will be fun. I was just getting to the point where I was comfortable soloing HS ~3 years ago...but haven't really played since.

I like the Chardok & Velks recs as well. Velks seems a little nervy but let's get weird... you know Coronavirus and all.

Thanks!

kjs86z
03-23-2020, 01:12 PM
There isn't anything to charm in Velk. If you aren't charming undead as a necro from 50-60, you're doing it wrong.

Wallicker
03-23-2020, 03:07 PM
There isn't anything to charm in Velk. If you aren't charming undead as a necro from 50-60, you're doing it wrong.

Not saying it’s easy but there are those specs near lord bob a necro could charm lol.