PDA

View Full Version : A Really New P99 Player!

AngelTerri77
03-22-2020, 10:57 AM
So, I've never played P99 and have been wary of it for a long time, until I started watching AC_Gamer on YouTube's Green server videos. So I'm like, okay, let's try this.

I created a Human Enchanter named Connifer (a race and class combo I've never played before) and whoooo Diggity ......

Besides falling off the boat when my game crashed and spending 15 minutes swimming through Erud's Crossing to find land (there was some players there who were really nice and gave me /loc coordinates to head to) I have noticed a lot of things different from Live servers I've spent most of my time on.

So I am wondering a few things about stuff I noticed.

1. There are no Soulbinders?
2. I can't seem to find a window for the Bard song buffs (not sure if this is intended or from the UI I am trying out)
3. No indication of merchant prices on items until after I click on an item (not sure if UI or intended)
4. No way to see debuffs on mobs?
5. Can't see crap in Everfrost ... holy cow when I zoned out of Blackburrow into the cave part I thought my game broke as it was pitch black lol
6. Who is the Priest of Order? I have no recollection of him on Live servers
7. Silk and pelts don't stack?
8. Why is it I can put a SCYTHE in my mixing bowl (da frick?) but not put the mixing bowl in a box? I mean ... a mixing bowl is a small item right? /mind blown
9. Floating on boats? I am confused on this.
10. Crafting recipes. No list when you click on a tradeskill machine like a Forge?

Uhm that's all I can think of. I've tried looking around the wiki for something that lists what in on P99 Green but can't find one.

See you in game!

Connifer, the ale swigging Enchanter.

Alwaysdying
03-22-2020, 11:45 AM
1. There are no Soulbinders?
Classic.
2. I can't seem to find a window for the Bard song buffs (not sure if this is intended or from the UI I am trying out)
Classic.
3. No indication of merchant prices on items until after I click on an item (not sure if UI or intended)
Classic.
4. No way to see debuffs on mobs?
Classic.
5. Can't see crap in Everfrost ... holy cow when I zoned out of Blackburrow into the cave part I thought my game broke as it was pitch black lol
Human in the dark, with original gamma settings. Classic I think.
6. Who is the Priest of Order? I have no recollection of him on Live servers
Classic. Give him your Tome of Order and Discord if you want a red name and to be flagged pvp. Forever.
7. Silk and pelts don't stack?
Classic.
8. Why is it I can put a SCYTHE in my mixing bowl (da frick?) but not put the mixing bowl in a box? I mean ... a mixing bowl is a small item right? /mind blown
Classic. Can't put containers into other containers.
Classic. No translocating gnomes.
10. Crafting recipes. No list when you click on a tradeskill machine like a Forge?
Classic. See the wiki or eqtraders.com for old school recipes.

YendorLootmonkey
03-22-2020, 12:01 PM
Welcome back to Norrath! :D

AngelTerri77
03-23-2020, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info!

Here's some new questions ..

1. How do you inspect someone's equipment?
2. Do I have to learn Meditate before it actually works?

Indecisive
03-26-2020, 09:04 PM
I can't remember if the levitation effect on boats was in on Live, but if I'm going by memory, I think it was added because people were glitching through the boats. It still happens occasionally, but far less - so dying in the middle of the Ocean of Tears isn't as much of a concern.

As to your newer questions - you can right click on them if you're close enough to inspect. And yes, you have to learn the meditate skill from the trainer before you can use it. For intelligence casters that's at level 4, and for wisdom it's at level 8.

Mblake81
03-27-2020, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the info!

1. How do you inspect someone's equipment?

1./toggleinspect ON then get close to the player and right click them.

2.Yes, put 1 point in it with your guild trainer, same as sense heading.

Classic. No translocating gnomes.

I think that is a P99 thing, here is Classic. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3048652&postcount=10) There are no TL gnomes here but people didn't float on the boats. iirc that is something the p99 devs had to do to get the boat we use here to work as the originals were erased.. it couldn't work like Classic.

Can't see crap in Everfrost ... holy cow when I zoned out of Blackburrow into the cave part I thought my game broke as it was pitch black lol

Just wanted to touch base here and say that is the reason why racial visions, vision items, spells and items like lanterns and torches are a thing.

Greater Lightstone (https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Lightstone)

AngelTerri77
03-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Yes, got myself a lantern and now I can see!

Bardp1999
03-27-2020, 04:34 PM
The low levels are garbage, stick with it until 20+ and you'll get the idea of if you actually like P99 vs live or not

Gustoo
03-27-2020, 06:43 PM
The low levels are the best, but enchanter doesn't get to be very strong until later on, and at maximum level are one of the strongest single classes.

Enjoy every level.

solleks
03-27-2020, 10:30 PM
this is the best server for everquest ever created

vinx
03-27-2020, 10:35 PM
I also noticed the UI I downloaded had these issues. most notably;
I have no pet window!
I started a necro and I cant control him without a window heh, currently im operating him like a chanter pet and getting hit first lol
anyway, I was here looking for useful information but I think I will look for another UI to download. *edit I cant cuz velious UI
(and I did try to toggle but pet window never appears)
/wave @ Yendor

Nilstoniakrath
03-27-2020, 10:42 PM
you need to use pet commands such as pet attack and pet back off
necro pets can be controlled unlike chanter idiot pets

Mblake81
03-27-2020, 10:43 PM
I also noticed the UI I downloaded had these issues. most notably;
I have no pet window!
I started a necro and I cant control him without a window heh, currently im operating him like a chanter pet and getting hit first lol
anyway, I was here looking for useful information but I think I will look for another UI to download. *edit I cant cuz velious UI
(and I did try to toggle but pet window never appears)
/wave @ Yendor

There is no pet window and yes you can control him.

Make hotkeys

Classic EQ pet commands (https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Pet_Commands)

pizzasuit
03-28-2020, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info!

Also, make sure to click the Meditate button when you have your spellbook open to actually meditate too