PDA

View Full Version : Green vs. Blue - Why are there always more users on Green?

oZtiaZ
03-21-2020, 10:24 AM
Hello,

This discussion probably exists elsewhere, but since I did not find it I decided to start here.. I am still relatively new.. my "main" is a level 6 D.Elf Nec. and I rolled a few other toons to check-out the cities and starting areas... after some exploration I realized that the Blue server probably has more to offer than the Green server in terms of content, BUT I always see that there are more people playing Green than Blue... would anyone have any idea why that would be? Are there actually more people consistently starting out and leveling on Green than Blue? Would Green still be the "better" option for a lowbie/newbie like myself? Like, what does Green have to offer when Blue appears to have more cities, zones and content?

Tiax
03-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Blue has been in existence for more than 10 years now, and its current population are almost exclusively high end raiders and their alts. The economy is very inflated, and you will have a hard time finding people to group with while leveling up on blue. If you are primarily interested in raiding then roll a solo char on this server to get to 60 as fast as possible.

Green is relatively new, its has no expansion content yet, but there are plenty of people to group with at all level ranges, who, like yourself, have little gear. It therefore offers the better 'classic experience' - everyone starts off very weak, and you need to group up to acheive anything. Kunark should come later this year, followed by Velious the year after that, so ultimately you won't miss out on content by rolling on this server rather than blue.

Tiax
03-21-2020, 11:34 AM
If you aren't sure which one to roll on, roll on Green.

oZtiaZ
03-21-2020, 12:03 PM
Thank you for the prompt and thorough response! Exactly what I needed to know! You rock, Tiax!

Chinetter
03-22-2020, 12:18 AM
Some info on the Green server population that I just posted:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353063

oZtiaZ
03-22-2020, 12:23 AM
Excellent work man! Thanks for sharing!

Pengting
03-22-2020, 01:34 AM
I've just rolled on Green as I wanted to get myself a DE mask more than anything. I've not really had any trouble finding a group as a Shaman and to be honest 99.9% of the people so far have been decent enough.

Dominated by Druids, Enchanters and Necros though. I mean people have rolled solo classes to farm plat then pimp out their lowbie toons I guess?

magnetaress
03-22-2020, 05:35 AM
I've just rolled on Green as I wanted to get myself a DE mask more than anything. I've not really had any trouble finding a group as a Shaman and to be honest 99.9% of the people so far have been decent enough.

Dominated by Druids, Enchanters and Necros though. I mean people have rolled solo classes to farm plat then pimp out their lowbie toons I guess?

This will just lead to a market glut in a year of yaks, fbss, mithril, mith2h, as kunark rolls around. But prices will be inflated as there will be a maximum level of platinum on the market. Fewer buyers. More producers. Less profit for people who stockpiled pixels.

This only will probably affect the casual player a little, we may be getting our epics a few months to a year later than otherwise. Where as diehard EQ Chads will have loads of fun farming fungus on their enchanter alt.

I feel like it's a win win and will balance out for people who don't want to sit around sebilis for like evar. We'll still have more than enough to enjoy playing our characters without pushing for BIS within days or hours of content going live..

Granted tons of people love classic for the sake of classic. And I would definitely roll on an red rallos style item loot server that never goes kunark just for the nostalgia. I am sure lots of people on green feel the same and are just enjoying the game at its hardest and most atmospheric. On the classes they love.

Pengting
03-22-2020, 08:51 AM
And I would definitely roll on an red rallos style item loot server that never goes kunark just for the nostalgia. I am sure lots of people on green feel the same and are just enjoying the game at its hardest and most atmospheric. On the classes they love.

On the subject of this I played on Sullon Zek until Luclin. Resists got too out of hand in Velious and VT loot made it even worse.

If they released a PvP server which only stayed in Kunark? maybe Velious. I think it could be fun. No looting of gear as people will get farmed but some sort of Scoreboard like Sullon Zek had would be cool.

kjs86z
03-22-2020, 10:42 AM
blue is where its at

Sacer
03-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Green is the true classic experience with toxic people everywhere, blue is more of a gentleman server "you first, no you first, no you first"

chaser95
03-22-2020, 12:04 PM
Green is the true classic experience with toxic people everywhere, blue is more of a gentleman server "you first, no you first, no you first"

Agree 100% with this after leveling 2 char's over 40 on green i'm back on blue and enjoying my time.

Naonak
03-23-2020, 01:06 AM
Without legacy items, Green would have nothing for it.

Bardp1999
03-23-2020, 03:53 AM
Blue has been beaten, try Green

El-Hefe
03-23-2020, 07:24 PM
Green is newer and thus is much closer to the classic EverQuest experience that P99 is popular for. If you’re looking to relive the glory days of EQ it’s the simple choice.

Blue was great for years, but it’s been up for far too long and the gameplay there doesn’t really resemble classic EverQuest. Not that most of the population of Blue seem to mind.

Croco
03-24-2020, 01:56 AM
gameplay there doesn’t really resemble classic EverQuest

Nothing will ever resemble classic everquest. You can't put toothpaste back in the tube. Everything is known. I'm sorry to everyone attempting to relive an over 20 year old experience like it's the first time, you can't.

El-Hefe
03-24-2020, 02:53 AM
Nothing will ever resemble classic everquest. You can't put toothpaste back in the tube. Everything is known. I'm sorry to everyone attempting to relive an over 20 year old experience like it's the first time, you can't.

Hence “Green is much closer” instead of “Green is a perfect recreation of 1999!”

Croco
03-24-2020, 04:57 AM
Hence “Green is much closer” instead of “Green is a perfect recreation of 1999!”

A distinction without a difference.

El-Hefe
03-24-2020, 05:27 AM
A distinction without a difference.

If you say so bud, but your I don't see your logic.

I see a clear difference in the servers, and think Green is obviously closer to a classic experience.

Croco
03-24-2020, 11:23 AM
If you say so bud, but your I don't see your logic.

I see a clear difference in the servers, and think Green is obviously closer to a classic experience.

If you're going for that classic loaf of bread experience I can offer you this moldy disgusting loaf of bread that you can definitely eat. It's better than this huge rock over here that's not edible!

aspomwell
03-24-2020, 12:33 PM
I only found out about P99 a couple months before green launched, but I made a conscious decision to stay on blue.

Like most of you, I saw a lot of relationships end back in the live days when people got sucked into this game. As a matter of fact, I quit EQ live for good when I met my wife back in 2003 because I knew the 2 were incompatible.

When I found out about P99 last year I made a decision that at no time would I let this game get in the way of my family. I usually wait until the kids are in bed before I even log on, but on the weekends I'll stay logged in all day and xp when I can. Because of this, I don't group. The 2 characters I play are solo only (druid and necro).

Since Blue's been around so long there's lots of things available for sale, which helps my playstyle since a lot of stuff I wouldn't be able to solo until it was of limited use. Now I can save up and buy the stuff I need. If I was on green the inflated prices and scarcity of items would mean it'd be a long time before I geared myself up nicely.

I doubt I'll ever get epics and I'm fine with that. I've just been enjoying the ride so far!

FatooMoon
03-24-2020, 02:58 PM
In response to Chinetter, does the pool of "players" include the 'fake' toons mostly sitting around at zone entrances/exits that are utilized by whoever has admin. privleges and is harassing players by training hostile mobs to them, sabotoging their input/output (mouse and keyboard entry) in the form of DoS, DDoS or similar attacks? It's not just happening to me. I see it happening to other low-level players and I don't think they are aware. There is at least one individual using various characters strategically placed around the world's zones - some of which are naked with garbage/b.s. names while others are geared and relatively high level - to stalk at least me and one other player that I know of. There's definitely something weird going on and it definitely violates the rules based on what the rules state, unless of course it's one more entities with administrative priveleges or that run the server.

El-Hefe
03-24-2020, 03:20 PM
If you're going for that classic loaf of bread experience I can offer you this moldy disgusting loaf of bread that you can definitely eat. It's better than this huge rock over here that's not edible!

Negative nancy over here.

Super ungrateful for the amount of work the developers did to make this server possible.

Be better.

kjs86z
03-24-2020, 03:35 PM
I only found out about P99 a couple months before green launched, but I made a conscious decision to stay on blue.

Like most of you, I saw a lot of relationships end back in the live days when people got sucked into this game. As a matter of fact, I quit EQ live for good when I met my wife back in 2003 because I knew the 2 were incompatible.

When I found out about P99 last year I made a decision that at no time would I let this game get in the way of my family. I usually wait until the kids are in bed before I even log on, but on the weekends I'll stay logged in all day and xp when I can. Because of this, I don't group. The 2 characters I play are solo only (druid and necro).

Since Blue's been around so long there's lots of things available for sale, which helps my playstyle since a lot of stuff I wouldn't be able to solo until it was of limited use. Now I can save up and buy the stuff I need. If I was on green the inflated prices and scarcity of items would mean it'd be a long time before I geared myself up nicely.

I doubt I'll ever get epics and I'm fine with that. I've just been enjoying the ride so far!

blue is for the "normal" folk

ive seen a lot of new players on blue - love hooking random newcomers up with an item or two in EC

Croco
03-24-2020, 05:44 PM
Negative nancy over here.

Super ungrateful for the amount of work the developers did to make this server possible.

Be better.

Ok Pot, I'll quiet my Kettle self down just for you.

El-Hefe
03-24-2020, 06:04 PM
Ok Pot, I'll quiet my Kettle self down just for you.

The hell? How on Earth is this a pot calling the kettle black situation?

You make zero sense.

Cheers man.

Croco
03-25-2020, 04:17 AM
The hell? How on Earth is this a pot calling the kettle black situation?

You make zero sense.

Cheers man.

You mean besides the fact that you spent every waking minute from when green was announced as a thing till it came out shit talking every aspect of blue to everyone who would listen?

kjs86z
03-25-2020, 09:36 AM
You mean besides the fact that you spent every waking minute from when green was announced as a thing till it came out shit talking every aspect of blue to everyone who would listen?

this

Isildur
03-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Blue is a retirement server where people at this point are mostly gentlemen. It's slow moving and really enjoyable for what I'm looking for at the moment. I am part of the lucky few who got to experience the legacy item classic loot without /list and without 1200 people chomping at the bit to get them. I love blue, a lot of us are having fun over here, and no the lower level zones are not dead or devoid of grouping.

Sacer
03-25-2020, 02:09 PM
No one is using a clicky to reset the GCD on green, people look for a rez at level 20 when they die, people are afraid to go dungeon crawling, you see way more people geting powerleveled than on blue. I guess it's classic. :o

Baler
03-25-2020, 02:27 PM
More people play green because they havn't realized it will end at the same era as Blue. And all the content is available on blue. ;) *wink*

Sibelia1
03-28-2020, 09:20 PM
this whole entire project may as well stillborn because we decided no PoP when we were like 19.

Gustoo
03-28-2020, 11:35 PM
Lol.

If you want to go into the shit era play live man. It's the same game just has all those improvements.

kaev
03-29-2020, 03:31 AM
I stopped playing here about a month before Green released, just started on Green about a week ago. My experience thus far on Green most resembles playing an expansion server on live during the Kunark era (it's not the same, but there are notable similarities.) The years I spent playing on Blue were unlike anything I experienced on live.

There is only one important consideration here, and it's something that some (few) players seem to have a great deal of difficulty with: If you're not enjoying what you're doing, you're not doing it right.

Muggens
03-29-2020, 08:34 AM
In response to Chinetter, does the pool of "players" include the 'fake' toons mostly sitting around at zone entrances/exits that are utilized by whoever has admin. privleges and is harassing players by training hostile mobs to them, sabotoging their input/output (mouse and keyboard entry) in the form of DoS, DDoS or similar attacks? It's not just happening to me. I see it happening to other low-level players and I don't think they are aware. There is at least one individual using various characters strategically placed around the world's zones - some of which are naked with garbage/b.s. names while others are geared and relatively high level - to stalk at least me and one other player that I know of. There's definitely something weird going on and it definitely violates the rules based on what the rules state, unless of course it's one more entities with administrative priveleges or that run the server.

Watch out for the naked Ddos Stalker, who comes for you at night

Chubba
03-29-2020, 05:16 PM
There are some who will push hard to be the "first" again to complete content. There are others who perhaps missed the journey and want to experience it, or those that want to experience it again.

Yes, it will end at blue but what people saying that never seem to understand is that some people want the journey. Grouping up at some of the lower lvl dungeons, perhaps some that are a bit off the normal path. I am sure I will hear this happens on blue, and it somewhat does, but nothing to the extent you will find on Green.

Blue is entirely different, been around for so long, there are many many people with everything you could possibly get. The only truly valuable things left over anymore are slim.

Gustoo
03-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Its about the journey not the destination. The journey is new in green, so its the place to begin a journey.

BlackBellamy
03-30-2020, 12:47 PM
More people play green because they havn't realized it will end at the same era as Blue. And all the content is available on blue. ;) *wink*

That's precisely why they play, because they don't want all the content on Blue yet. I don't want to think about Velious bullshit for a long time and neither does anyone else.

Gustoo
03-30-2020, 02:33 PM
WTB classic era only pvp server.

magnetaress
03-31-2020, 01:53 PM
WTB classic era only pvp server.

With item loot. Rallos 1.0 if u will.

Christina.
03-31-2020, 03:52 PM
It's a fresh chance at being the best on server or top in their class etc etc. That's what it boils down to for the hardcore players lol. For everyone else, it's just the nostalgic feeling you get of running around with everyone wielding 12 /48 delay weapons and Oracle robes lol

Zekayy
04-03-2020, 01:05 PM
one word nostalgia it will wear off eventually

oZtiaZ
04-03-2020, 04:28 PM
Please erase/delete this thread that I started if possible. Thank you.

magnetaress
04-03-2020, 05:36 PM
My troll wizard is at lvl 7 on green, she'll probably be at lvl 14 in another month. No big deal. I am killin hastens ph on red for my serves health, pras it.

Zephire
04-03-2020, 06:15 PM

imho this is the biggest problem with P99 in general and especially green. People came over from blue and power leveled druids, enchanters, necros, mages.. all the 'solo" classes if you will. They farm out the gear and twink alts (lvl 10 ranger in mithril armor with dual yaks.. that kind of thing) to a level that didn't exist in EQ classic until well after Kunark was out.

It takes a lot of the fun away when min/maxers with uber twinks complain that you don't hvae good enough gear to be grouping with them. More like WoW now than EQ

solleks
04-03-2020, 07:22 PM

shaman is the number 1 solo class that pimps out alts

druids are legitimate OG pimps and usually hobbits too dont trust wood elves

ramo1680
04-04-2020, 01:34 AM
I think for me because it shows the server stats and there are 10x more people on Green. This is coming from a new player.

Pint
04-04-2020, 10:07 AM
You won't be getting most of your epics as casuals on green, worth a thought

solleks
04-04-2020, 12:36 PM
"Sorry you didnt get" sums up eq quite nicely

aspomwell
04-04-2020, 12:53 PM
Heh, I won't be getting my epics as a casual on blue!

Sacer
04-04-2020, 04:36 PM
Heh, I won't be getting my epics as a casual on blue!

You really think it will be easier on very populated server where everyone will want his epic at the same time compare to blue where most people have theirs already and the population is much lower?

I wish you luck.

Nagoya
04-07-2020, 12:13 AM
Please erase/delete this thread that I started if possible. Thank you.

This is not how any of this works.

but don't feel bad for the people fighting over insanities even though the topic was done after post #3. this is the nature of the beast. welcome to p99 forums.

bwjunkie
04-07-2020, 05:12 AM
is necro still the best solo race?

Gustoo
04-07-2020, 12:57 PM
It depends.

For various things.

Enchanter, Shaman, Necro, Druid in that order are the best solo classes.

nectarprime
04-13-2020, 01:54 PM

Please tell me more.