PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Druid starting gear

matagin
03-20-2020, 02:38 PM
I am level 7, full cloth gear set, Scimitar and Small Round Shield, all spells and plenty of backpacks. I have around 170p. What would be the best gear to get to help with leveling? Granted I mostly solo now. Mana regen is slow because I don't have Meditate yet. I usually do a few DD spells and then melee mobs. Currently in Misty Thicket. Thanks.

magnetaress
03-20-2020, 02:48 PM
scarab armor and helm quests ! ?

aspomwell
03-20-2020, 03:12 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Acolyte%27s_Anklet

You're a little low for that quest but I don't think you need to be 14 like the page says, you can try at 9-11. At least you can collect the zombie fleshes. The zombies involved are all 10-11. The one's in Freeport are a little hard to single pull, I actually aggroed them all, snared a couple and zoned, then zoned back in and snagged a single. Luckily got one on the second one there. Greenblood zombies took about 20 kills, don't know if I just had a bad streak.

The Greenobloods are a lot safer with Enduring Breath, you can med at the bottom of the river. One of the bouncers (Hurd?) walked the riverline killing things so you don't want to med there.

matagin
03-20-2020, 06:11 PM
Thanks. I was looking for things I could buy within a 170pp budget. I can go for quest items too though.

magnetaress
03-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Thanks. I was looking for things I could buy within a 170pp budget. I can go for quest items too though.

It's hard to encourage buying armor? On a druid, +wisdom +mana stuff is going to net you the most bang for your platinum. There are so many good items for a druid, a great one is the root proc staff below lvl 30's.

Later on, I don't know if its in classic, theres a quad staff with a fire quad spell clicky which is so cool.

Save up, grab some leather, rawhide, or skill up tailoring even. Down the road you'll be able to make some decent armor.

A foremans tunic 0.0 +str or wis? I don't remember is super good too.

But the quested and later, end game camped items are where it is at!

Head out to splitpaw once u get some lvls and u can grab a belt, gloves +2 wis free!, and a tunic that isn't to shabby.

my favorite druid items are the carpace from solb and the legs that look like plate, they have good ac, and some agi I think, helpful for the druid soloist.

shield ac is a big thing to, so there's always an MM shield or shiny brass shield for the MR and the +10-15 ac which makes a big difference at lower lvls as well.

Or grab just about any magic weapon and thorns down 300 wisps for a goldmine.

BlackBellamy
03-20-2020, 07:38 PM
I am level 7, full cloth gear set, Scimitar and Small Round Shield, all spells and plenty of backpacks. I have around 170p. What would be the best gear to get to help with leveling? Granted I mostly solo now. Mana regen is slow because I don't have Meditate yet. I usually do a few DD spells and then melee mobs. Currently in Misty Thicket. Thanks.

1) Get a Combine Scimitar from the gypsies, you buy it for 38p and sell it for 37p. This is so you can hit magic things like wisps. This is a lowbie druid must-have.

2) Get leather armor or whatever fits doesn't matter what it is or what stats it has just raise your AC because you will be melee until lv14 at least. Wis gear is expensive and you don't need anything else at this low level cause it doesn't scale. Use your spare cash to improve your AC. You can buy that stuff off the vendors if you don't find anything in EC, doesn't matter. If you can find some +mana items for super cheap those are good scale at low levels also of course any +hp items but concentrate on AC until you start to root rot.

3) Save the rest of your money for your next spell rank, and if you have that than save for the next one.

Get out of MT. Go to Blackburrow and kill gnolls and turn in gnoll fangs real good exp for your level.

matagin
03-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much everyone. I appreciate the tips.