PDA

View Full Version : Wizard: Things to do at 60

thewrush
03-19-2020, 10:56 AM
Anything a wizard could do at 60 besides porting? Anything to camp beside the obvious one (JBoots). Grouping chances are slim to none in popular end game dungeons...

Lampolo
03-19-2020, 12:51 PM
Nuke a boss

Izmael
03-19-2020, 05:16 PM
I've never played a wizard past level 4 (and that was in 2000), but I'd say, at 60, you can
- Pursue the wizard epic quest
- Join a raiding guild and drop nukes on dragons and giants
- Make some friends and join them on fun expeditions in dungeons and whatnot.

People say Wizards can never find a group. That's true - for most, but not all of the Wizards. A small percentage of Wizard mains I encountered are exceptional players and would be welcome to any party of mine at least.

Not because their spells are so useful (although some of them are, like Evac or Snare or Root) but because they are knowledgeable and fun people who are always on their toes when adventuring in a group.

And that's more important than the class being played really.

strongNpretty
03-19-2020, 05:18 PM
Wizards are dope. Shout out to my man Nizern.

Endorra
03-20-2020, 10:12 PM
Park it in a good spot to help your guild mobilize for raid targets.

Then reroll.

Wallicker
03-20-2020, 10:53 PM
Group with a swarming bard we welcome that burst Pbaoe dmg

Videri
03-20-2020, 11:22 PM
Shawl. :cool:

You will need help on some parts, but you can buy a lot of the parts. You can probably solo-farm certain items to sell for plat to fund the project.

kjs86z
03-21-2020, 09:06 AM
Join a guild, get your epic, get some phat loots and pew pew big targets.

You feel super amazing on things like Jorleag and anything with low hp (VP, trak, etc).

Jimjam
03-21-2020, 09:23 AM
Source material for EQ is DND. which in turn is just a rebranded Middle Earth.

So, by going to the true origins of the world we can see powerful, high level wizards should be gathering parties of great adventurers, with a tag along noob, to complete quests of epic importance.

Basically form a cabal to lock down rare spawns and sell loots to people that couldn’t organise acquiring these items themselves.

kjs86z
03-21-2020, 09:53 AM

So, by going to the true origins of the world we can see powerful, high level wizards should be gathering parties of great adventurers, with a tag along noob, to complete quests of epic importance.

Basically form a cabal to lock down rare spawns and sell loots to people that couldn’t organise acquiring these items themselves.

posts like this are why we need a thumbs up / like feature on this forum

Christina.
03-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Join a guild, get your epic, get some phat loots and pew pew big targets.

You feel super amazing on things like Jorleag and anything with low hp (VP, trak, etc).

This is life for a wizard at 60

Philistine
03-23-2020, 08:40 PM

I 100% support both the conclusion and the methodology of this post :p

Cen
03-24-2020, 12:52 AM

Look up "WKUK Gandalf" and watch that clip. Thats what you reminded me of :D

Jimjam
03-24-2020, 06:01 AM
That was intense. Wow. Had to put on the headphones early on, and was glad for it by the end!

Thanks for sharing regardless. That's my morning smile ticked.

Muggens
03-29-2020, 12:33 AM
Get to learn group and raid play, not just quadding :p

magnetaress
03-31-2020, 08:28 AM
Fun to PBAoE the hardest mobs you can surive... try like 12 at a time, its so cool.

Muggens
04-08-2020, 10:41 PM
We need more action in this thread. 5 stars so far to Jimjam

Vexenu
04-10-2020, 12:08 PM
Bind in the EC tunnel. /ooc "Ports and TLs available" every 5 minutes. Click random people with your flux staff. Cast Harvest every 10 minutes even if you don't need the mana, just for the spell effects. Always keep up levitate, because a Sorceror's feet should never be sullied by the ground. If someone you're porting makes a snide remark about wishing you were a Druid so you could SoW them, say nothing and just hand them a SoW pot. On the house. Because true Sorcerors don't give a fuck about plat, they just want to blow things up, which includes blowing peoples' minds. In between all of this, cast Sunstrike on pumas.

Gustoo
04-10-2020, 02:19 PM
I think Vexenu is pretty correct.

You might drop hints of super elite loot that is not noted in the wiki, that you discovered via extremely dangerous studies.

loramin
04-10-2020, 02:24 PM
posts like this are why we need a thumbs up / like feature on this forum

I completely agree ... and yet, ironically, it was the very fact that many in this forum love to give their "thumbs down" that has made it so we can never actually do so.

(Backstory: A few years ago the devs tried to update the forum software here. I'm sure the new version had all sorts of features like voting, but it looked dramatically different and lacked certain things people here had gotten used to, so everyone complained until the staff took it down ... and swore never to change the forum code ever again.)

Kiithsa
04-10-2020, 03:53 PM
Bind in the EC tunnel. /ooc "Ports and TLs available" every 5 minutes. Click random people with your flux staff. Cast Harvest every 10 minutes even if you don't need the mana, just for the spell effects. Always keep up levitate, because a Sorceror's feet should never be sullied by the ground. If someone you're porting makes a snide remark about wishing you were a Druid so you could SoW them, say nothing and just hand them a SoW pot. On the house. Because true Sorcerors don't give a fuck about plat, they just want to blow things up, which includes blowing peoples' minds. In between all of this, cast Sunstrike on pumas.

This guy gets it, /thumbsup

Muggens
04-11-2020, 12:08 AM

haha good stuff. I'll add to run and spam jboots or any other clicky for the cool particle effects around you. Can also collect lore books(just wish I could have my own library in Erudin)

ChooChoo Train
04-11-2020, 09:32 AM
If they talk shit about not being Druid, port to hate bc Druid can’t do that and then WC cap out.

Kirdan
04-12-2020, 01:03 AM
Light all the things on fire. Also, see which summoning mobs you can solo using stuns and face-tanking, you may surprise yourself. But mostly, light all the things on fire.

branamil
04-12-2020, 03:29 AM
You can use your wiz to ferry items to your alts of an actually useful class

Muggens
04-12-2020, 12:30 PM
You can use your wiz to ferry items to your alts of an actually useful class

Boo, get out of here