PDA

View Full Version : Ranger + Rogue duo. good levelling spots?

Anxarcule
03-19-2020, 05:25 AM
Currently at level 18, we tried UGuk spiders and it was decent enough exp, but zone itself was too crowded. I think if we were cater to the strengths of the classes the best thing would be for Ranger to snare and keep aggro + bow kiting while Rogue backstabs to death, so am thinking katanas might be good. With this strategy considering we shouldn't be getting hit too much, I think high yellows would be a good target - hopefully the ease of this method will alleviate the ZEM received from indoor dungeons.

Crocs in Oasis could work I suppose, but I've spent so much time there back on live and a bit on wiz that I'd prefer a different zone Ideally we'd want somewhere to spent the next 4-5 levels without moving around

Anxarcule
03-19-2020, 05:43 AM
Bah wrong section (sorry) - would delete and repost if I could

Wallicker
03-19-2020, 07:30 AM
Could use strategy in unrest, highkeep, Mistmoore and get best of both worlds just sayin. Just make sure to harmony to break a camp.

Videri
03-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Evade doesn’t exist yet, so rogues have no way to reduce aggro. If this strategy doesn’t work now, it will work better after Evade is added.

YendorLootmonkey
03-19-2020, 07:45 PM
Evade doesn’t exist yet, so rogues have no way to reduce aggro. If this strategy doesn’t work now, it will work better after Evade is added.

There's no way a rogue is going take aggro if the ranger is flame licking every once in a while.

Snaggles
03-20-2020, 02:06 PM
There's no way a rogue is going take aggro if the ranger is flame licking every once in a while.

Totally. This is how Renux is frequently killed for the rogue epic. Aggro kite with flame lick.

@ OP: It's not a bad combo. No the "best" but you gotta play what you wanna play and figure out the rest. With root and thorns you can easily trade-off aggro. Closest person gets aggro 100% of the time when rooted. The main negative of a rogue/ranger combo is downtime since no real healer and bandages only go so far. Aggro kitting is prob the least but it's tiring for both people.