PDA

View Full Version : EQ Live Announces 2 new TLP's

galach
03-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Yeah, we got that. We are incredibly excited to announce the names and general rule set info for the TWO new TLP servers we will be launching in the coming months. Please put your hands, paws, and claws together for Aradune and Rizlona! Aradune is a new concept for our Truebox server rule set. It's going to have similarities to Mangler's rule set in terms of XP, era locking, and a lot more. Rizlona will also share the Mangler rule set and be our first boxing progression server in a long time. More specific rule sets and how they will function differently than the current TLPs will be shared in the coming weeks!

RIP PVP TLP dreams. I wonder if the Aradune server will be FV loot rules. I'd definitely give that type of server a go, but I think it would be ripe for RMT/Krono farmer assholes since everything could be sold.

Sibelia1
03-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Neat! Will you please make a point of posting when dates are confirmed, friend Guide? I'm not sure what RSS would bring me the date news :p

Baler
03-20-2020, 12:30 PM
I'm very happy that Darkpaw Games is finding success in these TLPs and continues to create new servers to meet the demand.

https://www.everquest.com/home
https://www.darkpawgames.com/home

go flippy darkpaw! ^_^

magnetaress
03-20-2020, 01:51 PM
I am happy people are finding interest in TLP, I would even sign up an account to donate some fresh money into the franchise once I get sorted out over here.

Izmael
03-20-2020, 02:53 PM
They should make a super fast leveling TLP some time. This way, casuals who would only consent to dedicate maybe 2-3 hours per week to live EQ could still level and raid.

This would be amazing, I'd totally play.

magnetaress
03-20-2020, 02:56 PM
I always thought it would be cool to have a server that was always 5 levels under or max level of current expansion. So we could just log in, gear up, raid. This would be especially cool for the PoP, & GoD expansions.

Baler
03-20-2020, 03:02 PM
They should make a super fast leveling TLP some time. This way, casuals who would only consent to dedicate maybe 2-3 hours per week to live EQ could still level and raid.

They did a fast leveling, fast progression TLP called Selos. It was pretty cool to experience several expansions in a shortened period of time.

https://www.everquest.com/news/selo-progression-server-faq-2019

Bigsham
03-20-2020, 03:39 PM
I am happy people are finding interest in TLP, I would even sign up an account to donate some fresh money into the franchise once I get sorted out over here.

Mom can i have $15 so i can sign up for eq live and play 12 hours a day ? Also i need my hormone pill prescription filled while your at the store.

OK Honey , mommy loves you

Castle2.0
03-20-2020, 03:39 PM
RIP PVP TLP dreams. I wonder if the Aradune server will be FV loot rules. I'd definitely give that type of server a go, but I think it would be ripe for RMT/Krono farmer assholes since everything could be sold

FV was the server I played most on live. Loved the ruleset. There was a bit of the shady RMT type, but I don't remember it being too bad.

Imagine a Coral Hilted Tulwar (https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=25994) on your level 1 Shadowknight. I don't need to imagine because I did it. The sword itself didn't hit for much due to recc level, but when the 350 cold PBAE with 200 (not a typo - that is PBAE range) proc'd... imagine every newbie mob within spell casting range instantly dying... very satisfying. Looks like they nerfed it to proc level 55 now.

Same story with Staff of the Silent Star (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5855) -- 400dd proc super low resist in your low level necro was a LOT fun. Could always use your bone ring of condemnation to tap back hp (gotta be 40, but no need to be a level 60 raider.)

I'd love a FV ruleset P99 server =)

magnetaress
03-20-2020, 03:56 PM
Mom can i have $15 so i can sign up for eq live and play 12 hours a day ? Also i need my hormone pill prescription filled while your at the store.

OK Honey , mommy loves you

My prescriptions come in the mail. And I got VA bennies. Dunno what tf u r talkin boot.

BlackBellamy
03-20-2020, 04:27 PM
Q: Can I claim the 40-Slot “Broker's Backpack” on the new Progression Server?

Sure. Every player on every server gets one.

Sigh.

bubur
03-21-2020, 02:09 PM
so they're making two identical servers that are the same as the already existing mangler?

weird

Bigsham
03-21-2020, 05:56 PM
They are generating money, they will continue to make new ones because people are paying to play there

Every single server regardless of ruleset has 5x what p99 does for a reason, its professionally managed.

bubur
03-22-2020, 10:02 AM
duno, could always do better, right? if they made aradune a velious locked server, would be a neat homage that people would probably spend a lot of time on just to honor him

riz could be the free-trade server that everyone (read: a large audience) wants. FV is still one of the most popular servers on their regular roster so trying it in a truebox tlp environment seems like a no brainer

both would be pretty successful probably for a longer time than the business as usual, especially since mangler is still uniquely active (since phinny at least) even as it enters the typical attrition era. these new servers will kill mangler and just reinforce the conception that tlp's sputter out after pop

tho, as i understand they havent finalized the ruleset so not sure what theyll do yet

BlackBellamy
03-22-2020, 12:11 PM
I still totally cannot get over that every player gets a 40 slot 100% weight reduction bag when they start.

Bigsham
03-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Because its 2020 theres no reason to make people farm kobolds for 4 slot wrist bags

Swish
03-23-2020, 05:14 PM
Sure. Every player on every server gets one.

Sigh.

Blizzard taught us all.... "everyone's a winner" (just keep subbing)

Christina.
03-23-2020, 05:37 PM
FV was the server I played most on live. Loved the ruleset. There was a bit of the shady RMT type, but I don't remember it being too bad.

Imagine a Coral Hilted Tulwar (https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=25994) on your level 1 Shadowknight. I don't need to imagine because I did it. The sword itself didn't hit for much due to recc level, but when the 350 cold PBAE poroced..

Hey that brought back some cool ass memories lol, I also played on Tunare on Live... My main was a 70 Necro at the time (Zombies) with epic 2.0 , I leveled my drakk SK (Puke) with that sword, I remember it didn't take long.

Indecisive
03-23-2020, 07:01 PM
I tried Ragefire when it released before ultimately coming to P99. I'd give the TLP servers another shot nowadays - I miss my pet window. Shared bank would be pretty great, too.

Bardp1999
03-24-2020, 11:51 AM
I wish they would just let EQ die gracefully (too late?) in its retail form. This is getting embarrassing.

BlackBellamy
03-24-2020, 12:34 PM
I wish they would just let EQ die gracefully (too late?) in its retail form. This is getting embarrassing.

When retail EQ dies, p99 will follow. This is because someone will buy the IP and they'll get a lawyer and be like shut this shit down now. And Rogean or whoever is going to go well I could probably win this legal fight for like $48k so yeah.....

paronga
04-02-2020, 06:39 PM

I always thought it would be cool to have a server that was always 5 levels under or max level of current expansion. So we could just log in, gear up, raid. This would be especially cool for the PoP, & GoD expansions.

Yes. I'm someone who even in the Live days never broke past level 53 (I had a few alts, 51, 43 etc). I only owned EQ, Luclin & PoP! I couldn't actually zone into Kunark or Velious. At that point in time the latest expansion was LDoN. It was weird. I didn't really understand the different eras. Anyway. I still don't have the time to fully explore the game and the slow progression makes it difficult for me to explore large parts of the game.

So being able to see some end game stuff would be a dream.

I was once so desperate, I actually ran an EQEmu server my self. Just for me. And went straight to PoT and ran around. I would love to properly experience that content. I don't understand how anyone figured this shit out for the first time either.