PDA

View Full Version : Spell LoS and MR resist checks circa 2001-2002.

lethdar
04-30-2011, 05:21 AM
As much fun as it is to see macken and werhmacht argue back and forth on the issue I'm bored enough make a post about it and link some supporting posts during the era to back up my views rather than "I'M 100% RIGHT AND MY MEMORY IS FLAWLESS" that's been going on.

With regard to magic resist, sadly wehrmacht is more right than wrong when it comes to this issue. I'm sure root landed a ton for you macken, however you never really pvped high lvl characters with resist gear until 2003+, which is well after the resist altering patch which occurred in September of 2002. When this patch went in all of the resist rates for spell were altered and you no longer were safe with just 100-150 mr as a pure melee. Quotes from the era:

"150 is most certainly not the immunity threshold. 150 MR gets you about 87% resistance to snares according to my last batch of tests. I got snared today by an even con when I had 174 MR. Snare is an absolute showstopper. Once you get snared it is game over really. It is extremely hard for a rogue to get 174 MR with no buffs, and even then you will get snared more often than 1/10 by mana free snare items that abound for druids and rangers. " - 9-9-2002.

Spell resist change and posts about it complaining about its effects in pvp 9-7-2002. http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7879

Spell resist rates prior to this patch on sullon zek, from a high lvl enchanter whom i knew on the neutral team.
"For some reason if anyone has over 70 magic resist, magic based spells are completly useless against them but fire/ cold/ disease/ poison ones seems to have a good chance of doing max damage even at 150+ resist.
" - 1-9-2002 (before the resist patch).
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showpost.php?p=93848&postcount=55

On the issue of line of sight for nukes, macken is correct here and wehrmacht is wrong. Prior to 2003 once you had someones target you could nuke them through walls without much issue, infact i remember the first time this happened to my monk in HHK when a necro snuck in and was pretty fucked at lvl 20 with no way to retaliate / find them.

Quote from 1-9-2002 regarding LoS
"In what way is not being able to exploit someone through a wall unbalancing? Every time you use a wall or corner to hide while you cast on a melee who can't find you , you are exploiting. Its cheap and I see no reason not to nerf this exploitive behavior.

In what way is not being able to target someone with your pet and cast on them without ever comming into sight unbalancing? "
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?p=93848#post93848

and the rest of this thread goes on with pretty accurate discussion regarding LoS, resists, the prevalence of golem wands against casters in pvp.

Now just because it was like this does it mean it should be emulated 100% on this server? Lolno. PVP shouldn't involve prenerf pumice and golem wands up the wazoo against casters who can't retaliate at all when someone has 70mr. Melee shouldn't be skillless macktrucks immune to all forms of cc waiting to truckfuck any fools playing casters once they get a few pieces of resist gear. Casters shouldn't be able to nuke the shit out of you from behind every wall in a dungeon while you spin around trying to figure out where they are.

Anyway, lololo you're both wrong, post count ++

Terpuntine
04-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Lethdar for president

Macken
04-30-2011, 06:17 AM
I started on SZ about first week of Aug 2001. I was pvping against the big dawgs against the best gear neuts could farm by Oct 01.

Nice try though =)

I remember everything bro. I had tash which would make me notice it less than wormoct, but i was also rocking gmr and i still got rooted with 200+ as Velious was ending. Don't confuse what i'm saying. I think everyone remembers not getting rooted so much at the magic 100#. I Don't want int casters having to slog through a server that's overly slanted against them because i was silent on the boards leading up to launch, making it a melee server like all garage boxes eventually became. Being an int caster on all 3 boxes was lonely. I cried some nights. So I only protest the most extreme posts where someone claims they never got rooted EVER with 100. I mezzed people over and over until root stuck long enough for a nuke, I know how often root landed with 200+ mr on the elite neuts after tash. Everyday i would experience root checks. I could not only give you %'s on how often it landed, but give you specific %'s on specific players. And wormoct thinks he has a better handle on it? I could explain all this to him, but it's more fun not to. I could also explain another way to reach the same conclusion is to realize that no spell in eq is 100% resistable. I only make a big deal of it so i can say i did all i could later when server comes out.

I enjoyed your research and i am impressed. I don't think we are really disagreeing about the root issue and resists, but if we are I should probably point out now that you would be calling someone's stories "supporting posts" while alternatively insinuating my stories are not supporting. . I should add, i would have whole heartedly supported your enchanter friend's take. I might even have exaggerated more than him and said 50.

I was looking back the other day and checking out some old stats and i saw i averaged about 6 kills a day on my toons for maybe 3 years. Thats approximately 6500 kills. I was fully immersed. I played across all era's I'm not sure why anyone would think I wouldn't remember just about everything that has to do with SZ. I'm probably this forums resident authority on SZ by virtue of my play time alone. Im the SZ Sensei. If that pedigree is not good enough, surely the fact that i was points leader when leaderboard went down would suffice.

I was there before, during and long after all those changes. I remember them all and being upset with double los check until they changed it back weeks later. I remember being happier with things landing easier for enchanters after resist changes.

In short, I factually won SZ. I know that makes everyone mad, but facts are facts, and haters gonna hate. But that doesn't change the fact that my opinions are special and wrapped in gold leaf by virtue of this fact. My word is unassailable and the law, my power secure.

Players like wormoct have no idea. Those talking about they played a server just "like" SZ are like krill to the big fish, yet they know not. I could go on and on and i have in this post.

tldr: Macken owns

wehrmacht
04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
"150 is most certainly not the immunity threshold. 150 MR gets you about 87% resistance to snares according to my last batch of tests

This post was 9-9-2002 during Luclin, 1 month before PoP came out. These results are after the resist system was already changed so before this change, your chance to resist was even higher so of course I'm right.

If that same test was done pre-resist changes, it would be 98% immunity to root since the August 2004 patch notes say that's what the resist cap was:

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=2295

Here's a post from 11-02-01 in Lethdar's second link that really describes how easy it was to resist root: "I was doing well pet kiting a level 60 paladin yesterday with my 56 necro pet that had MR buff (so it resisted or broke most roots)"

On the issue of line of sight for nukes, macken is correct here and wehrmacht is wrong. Prior to 2003 once you had someones target you could nuke them through walls without much issue, infact i remember the first time this happened to my monk in HHK when a necro snuck in and was pretty fucked at lvl 20 with no way to retaliate / find them.

It depends what month pre-luclin you're talking about actually because from my research, line of sight was changed twice pre-luclin. There's a post on TZVZ forums of Xebeken even admitting that a double line of sight check existed on SZ pre-luclin for a while but he claimed it was "a mistake" and they didn't mean to do it.

Melee shouldn't be skillless macktrucks immune to all forms of cc waiting to truckfuck any fools playing casters once they get a few pieces of resist gear.

As I've already said 5000 times before, that argument about crowd control spells somehow magically fixing casters fails completely due to SK's, paladins, rangers, and bards all getting CC spells themselves. So all you're really doing is making hybrids more powerful and pure melee worse while casters kind of stay right where they were.

Pure melee that aren't in high end raid gear already sucked so you're just totally destroying the game balance this way by making hybrids the overwhelming 1st choice for PvP.

Casters are supposed to be glass cannons. If you think casters need to be improved, all you have to do is alter their direct damage spell resists or alter the 66% of normal damage PvP nerf.

Bombfist
04-30-2011, 09:47 AM
<wehrmacht> hell if I know,

Crazycloud
04-30-2011, 10:10 AM
I always said it and everyone always argued with me..... Getting 70-80 + MR back in the days resisted a ton of shit snares/roots/stuns but of course it landed but when it did man you had 12 min snare on you with it overriding sow and you were fucked!!!

Macken.. you also was in highkeep 24/7. You were pvping a shit load of noobs constantly. I was always getting called to come get you in highkeep. The only reason you ever landed any spells on me was cause of tash but i do remember you zone plugging alot :D. I have also killed you when i was green to you. Not trying to fuck with you but yeah you had 200 mr but if you're trying to say shit landed on you alot thats completely wrong. With my 100 MR i was barely getting any shit on my ranger.

I played a ranger back in the days and it was hard as FUCK i would know how i survived so long. Having 80 + mr saved me, but nukes landed on me about all the time dots too. I also remember it hard to snare/root pets (epic pet) but after i pelled it i always landed it. So i'm guessing they always buffed it with MR/GMR

Dojii
04-30-2011, 10:56 AM
I always said it and everyone always argued with me..... Getting 70-80 + MR back in the days resisted a ton of shit snares/roots/stuns but of course it landed but when it did man you had 12 min snare on you with it overriding sow and you were fucked!!!

100 MR rule was a golden rule in early days... anybody that doesn't agree should be thrust into outer darkness where there is weeping, and wailing and tons of noobs.

wehrmacht
04-30-2011, 11:26 AM
100 MR rule was a golden rule in early days... anybody that doesn't agree should be thrust into outer darkness where there is weeping, and wailing and tons of noobs.

lol @ people that actually played EQ making macken look stupid

Macken
04-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry CC, you got 1 ks on me and that was me vs you and your entire guild in a dungeon that i was forced into protecting over 1st annual fabled. I think it was 1 vs 12 when you got the kill shot out of that many people.

If that is your claim to fame, then i understand. :) But somehow, I feel im actually talking to CC lite and not even real CC. So you might not even have a ks on macken at all.

Dojii you are only confusing wehrmacht into thinking he is anything but a fly on Macken's fuzzy wolf nuts. Don't encourage that delusional bag of noob sauce. You don't want me to start grouping you and wormoct together. It gets embarassing.

And of course everything i say is right and golden true. I am THE SZ authority. Whatever i say is Law, by virtue of the fact i won SZ. SZ Sensei bombing 3's from way out bros. Get on my level.

Crazycloud
04-30-2011, 12:48 PM
1) i'm not talking about fable times. But I did kill you by myself in guk and i'm not even going to brag about it... enchanters were seriously gimped during PoP times and no reason why i would bring that up.
2) I have killed you in highkeep/highpass (not during shitty PoP times).
3) If you claim i never killed you because its not on cattoe's scoreboard then i'll laugh.
4) I will always be the only real CC :D.

Dojii
04-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Macken's fuzzy wolf nuts.

these fuzzy wolf nuts???

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6500/macken.png

Macken
04-30-2011, 02:33 PM
There has been a nasty rumor for more than 3 years that you are actually CC lite, CC mini-me etc... Based on the fact that you are making up stuff, especially your hallowed kill on Macken with 11 of your friends beating on me too, as i was funneled into the hot gates and poached like a poor wolf, I'm going to be inclined to think it could be true.

Macken is immortal and you were lucky to get your 1 ks over 11 other competitors all desperately trying to achieve the same goal: Get Macken finally.

You should be happy with your 1 glorious kill and not push your luck making obviously false accusations, trying to ride Macken's coat tails. Screen Shot or didn't happen. I mean i killed you 5 or so times, but they all happened when board was down and i have no surviving screenshots right? :)

Yes Dojii, those exact nuts. Looks like tucrast got set up by Macken in that shot. I didn't know you were in hate.

Winner of SZ ya'll. Shootin 3's over the seas in all degrees from anywhere i please.

Salty
04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
lethdar for prez

Crazycloud
04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Can't troll a troller bro =)

Macken
04-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Can't out-gun the top gun bro =)

Macken
04-30-2011, 03:55 PM
All I know is that when Velious was the latest expansion, if you ran behind a wall before a caster finished a spell, it wouldn't go off. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a plain idiot or a liar.

It's pretty easy to remember if you could run behind a wall to avoid spells or not seeing as how I did it probably 1000 times. Eventually a non-Heresy moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

HAHAHAHA SO SORRY. Looks like Macken is wrong once again. Yes, the second line of sight check was eventually removed on EQ live but it wasn't until later expansions. Day 1 of Sullon Zek, Line of sight worked exactly as mentioned below:

Sorry to break up you guy's festival of idiots concerning Line of Sigh Checks, but once again Wehrmacht is right and Macken is wrong. Confirmed by Null himself, as well as about 10 other people. Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:

It wasn't a question of balance. He was stating that during this time period, there was only 1 LoS check. He was obviously wrong as usual. I pulled up that null post and made him look retarded, hence why he briefly stopped spamming the forum with jibberish.

It's actually very easy to understand what he means. He said it pretty clearly, that during classic, two LOS checks existed which is why it's like that and it wasn't changed till PoP. I used walls to avoid LOS check on spells the entire time from level 1-60 on SZ so it matches exactly what I experienced.

http://www.vexthal.com/lolwut.gif

Haul
04-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Not even hatin, that is straight fucking zerg in that picture on that poor fella lol- Can't believe folks are still subscribed to that shit, ridiculous.

Terpuntine
04-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I am the real CC

Macken
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Not even hatin, that is straight fucking zerg in that picture on that poor fella lol- Can't believe folks are still subscribed to that shit, ridiculous.

Thats SZ as wehrmacht remembers it.

Him pwning other high quality players like himself all at once.

Haul
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Haha I meant Dojii's picture, but the sig is fuckin hilarious. A+ on that for sure. Never seen such terrible basketball skills.

Crazycloud
04-30-2011, 08:09 PM

This is so true, i remember being nuked thru velks walls a shit ton. Was pretty fun.

Macken
04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
No you guys are idiots, liars and morons.

Wormoct said so.

Macken
05-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Macken.. you also was in highkeep 24/7. You were pvping a shit load of noobs constantly. I was always getting called to come get you in highkeep. The only reason you ever landed any spells on me was cause of tash but i do remember you zone plugging alot :D. I have also killed you when i was green to you. Not trying to fuck with you but yeah you had 200 mr but if you're trying to say shit landed on you alot thats completely wrong. With my 100 MR i was barely getting any shit on my ranger.

Padawan, do not try to put words in the SZ Sensei's mouth. What i have said has always been clear and concise. There is no spell in EQ that is 100% resistable. Root included.

Yeah, i'm thinking you're CC lite, CC mini-me.

Real CC would know that Macken did not pvp in highkeep unless someone like real CC would show up and need to be dealt with.

Real CC would not even mention HHK and instead talk about another zone where most of our 1 vs 1's happened to take place, where real CC would ghost in and out of phases.

If you are real CC, which zone is it?

Crazycloud
05-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Macken killed Blingin in HighKeep - Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:38
Macken killed Blingin in HighKeep - Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:30
Macken killed Eumar in Highpass Hold - Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:10
Macken killed Boomerang in West Commonlands - Sun, 08 Sep 2002 14:21
Macken killed Nabton in HighKeep - Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:15
Macken killed Nabton in Highpass Hold - Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:04
Macken killed Crazytaxi in HighKeep - Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:53
Macken killed Miticos in HighKeep - Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:44
Macken killed Arkwon in Highpass Hold - Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:53
Macken killed Kimi in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:30
Macken killed Minoxide in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:39
Macken killed Nykka in East Karana - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:24
Macken killed Stabbya in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:36
Macken killed Moider in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:56
Macken killed Stabbya in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:41
Macken killed Moider in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:21
Macken killed Dracoso in Highpass Hold - Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:39
Macken killed Faddwin in HighKeep - Thu, 12 Sep 2002 18:35
Macken killed Mathers in HighKeep - Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:19
Macken killed Otik in HighKeep - Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:53
Macken killed Sonofa in HighKeep - Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:15
Macken killed Raay in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:48
Macken killed Eomir in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:49
Macken killed Fawnn in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:11
Macken killed Magica in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:51
Macken killed Aurac in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:51
Macken killed Jobinek in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:52
Macken killed Raay in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:47
Macken killed Ebayman in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:42
Macken killed Siou in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:10
Macken killed Raay in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:33
Macken killed Jobinek in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:48
Macken killed Fawnn in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:07
Macken killed Steelhawk in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:45
Macken killed Bigit in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:33
Macken killed Creg in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:30
Macken killed Eumar in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:14
Macken killed Mihen in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:29
Macken killed Onelook in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:50
Macken killed Flintfireforge in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:48
Macken killed Senren in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:39
Macken killed Pepsi in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:28
Macken killed Mideon in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:38
Macken killed Senren in Highpass Hold - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:54
Macken killed Urther in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:33
Macken killed Wolf in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:33
Macken killed Creg in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:32
Macken killed Tearing in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:45
Macken killed Nollife in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:31
Macken killed Urther in HighKeep - Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:31
Macken killed Faelyn in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:47
Macken killed Ebayman in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:58
Macken killed Pacc in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:31
Macken killed Memorex in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:54
Macken killed Nukken in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:08
Macken killed Hackn in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:07
Macken killed Maskurade in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:07
Macken killed Aidienna in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:07
Macken killed Bigand in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:06
Macken killed Aidienna in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:06
Macken killed Vortic in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:53
Macken killed Senren in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:04
Macken killed Senren in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:01
Macken killed Spamer in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:32
Macken killed Mocny in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:57
Macken killed Uenelven in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:10
Macken killed Mienub in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:11
Macken killed Captenn in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:38
Macken killed Mienub in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:08
Macken killed Zaalin in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:27
Macken killed Mienub in Highpass Hold - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:21
Macken killed Qildaar in HighKeep - Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:42
Macken killed Tipt in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:14
Macken killed Qilbaar in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:13
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:04
Macken killed Hanging in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:03
Macken killed Cobbler in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:34
Macken killed Cobbler in Highpass Hold - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:57
Macken killed Cobbler in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:47
Macken killed Siou in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:49
Macken killed Presage in Highpass Hold - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 00:50
Macken killed Hackn in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:28
Macken killed Qilbaar in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:30
Macken killed Gewels in Highpass Hold - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:13
Macken killed Sypher in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:41
Macken killed Brakz in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:38
Macken killed Sypher in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:35
Macken killed Urther in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:36
Macken killed Urther in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:29
Macken killed Shadedsoul in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:37
Macken killed Runfer in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:37
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:43
Macken killed Zaalin in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:36
Macken killed Runfer in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:37
Macken killed Pseudien in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:37
Macken killed Vortic in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:38
Macken killed Runfer in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:39
Macken killed Vortic in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:40
Macken killed Pseudien in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:40
Macken killed Runfer in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:41
Macken killed Pseudien in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:42
Macken killed Runfer in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:45
Macken killed Pseudien in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:49
Macken killed Runfer in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:50
Macken killed Pseudien in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:51
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:05
Macken killed Vortic in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:36
Macken killed Vortic in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:33
Macken killed Wolfman in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:49
Macken killed Qildaar in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:53
Macken killed Qilbaar in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:54
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:46
Macken killed Qilbaar in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:18
Macken killed Nuffun in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:45
Macken killed Whakken in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:52
Macken killed Qilbaar in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:23
Macken killed Poottie in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:42
Macken killed Eyeown in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:51
Macken killed Whakken in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:51
Macken killed Kaotix in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:03
Macken killed Zaalin in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:43
Macken killed Stryken in Highpass Hold - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:39
Macken killed Eyeown in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:50
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:50
Macken killed Nuffun in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:43
Macken killed Nuffun in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:54
Macken killed Penuvian in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:59
Macken killed Traffic in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:59
Macken killed Bagz in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:50
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:57
Macken killed Eyeown in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:49
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:49
Macken killed Eyeown in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:47
Macken killed Whakken in HighKeep - Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:47
Macken killed Ubersongs in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:10
Macken killed Fotweny in Highpass Hold - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:06
Macken killed Poottie in Highpass Hold - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:11
Macken killed Fotweny in Highpass Hold - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:11
Macken killed Zebus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:14
Macken killed Nuffun in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:02
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:01
Macken killed Fotweny in Highpass Hold - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:13
Macken killed Penuvian in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:12
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:00
Macken killed Fotweny in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:08
Macken killed Rezzin in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:23
Macken killed Ubersongs in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:00
Macken killed Stiller in Highpass Hold - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:41
Macken killed Kicu in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:50
Macken killed Negatron in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:46
Macken killed Nuffun in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:12
Macken killed Zyrus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:33
Macken killed Eomir in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:33
Macken killed Zebus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:34
Macken killed Zyrus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:34
Macken killed Eomir in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:34
Macken killed Thoros in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:25
Macken killed Zyrus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:26
Macken killed Morgen in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:14
Macken killed Nuffun in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:15
Macken killed Zyrus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:16
Macken killed Zyrus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:18
Macken killed Tearing in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:19
Macken killed Zyrus in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:23
Macken killed Rezzin in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:30
Macken killed Tekc in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:32
Macken killed Eomir in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:36
Macken killed Rezzin in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:41
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:07
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:12
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:17
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:21
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:23
Macken killed Stronglikedog in HighKeep - Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:26

=D

We both know you loved this zone!!!

Vile
05-01-2011, 12:59 AM
how the fuck do you guys have logs that old saved?

Crazycloud
05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Some dude saved alot of SZ logs and posted it on some site.

Sullon zek had a pvp system built into everquest.com and he just saved stuff from there.

Envious
05-01-2011, 02:18 AM
WTB Egg Shaped Pumice

mimixownzall
05-01-2011, 02:42 AM
i was also rocking gmr and i still got rooted with 200+ as Velious was ending. Don't confuse what i'm saying. I think everyone remembers not getting rooted so much at the magic 100#.

I played up to when PoP came out but quit not too long afterwards. Up to that point I never once got rooted/snared when my MR got over 100. Enchanter "all-or-nothing" didn't land nor did their mezes other than the unresistable one. I think your memory has issues.

If that pedigree is not good enough, surely the fact that i was points leader when leaderboard went down would suffice.

No, it does not. You know damn well that all of the top pvp'ers either left not too long after PoP came out or rolled other classes/factions.

The only thing you proved is you stuck around longer than everyone else

Lemme guess... You were that guy in WoW who had 700k kills on your guy because you played only one character and did battlegrounds all day and claimed that made you the ultimate badass pvper... amirite?

mimixownzall
05-01-2011, 03:13 AM
Sweet, I found some of my action.

Lodran killed Yankor in {NOT LOGGED} - Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:29
Lodran killed Hosfa in {NOT LOGGED} - Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:30
Gowenna killed Lodran in {NOT LOGGED} - Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:19
Lodran killed Gandle in {NOT LOGGED} - Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:16
Dashiki killed Lodran in Lesser Faydark - Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:25
Lodran killed Cochise in Lower Guk - Wed, 14 May 2003 01:11

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 03:23 AM
No you guys are idiots, liars and morons.

Wormoct said so.

What is this? Trying to change the subject away from magic resist being exactly how I said it was now that it's obvious you were completely wrong? You're like the biggest piece of shit weasel poster I've ever seen.

Just because you could use a retarded pet exploit to nuke people through walls, doesn't mean that's how LOS functioned in all instances. Your pal Xebeken even admits that 2 LOS checks existed pre-luclin but claims they implemented it on accident and later "fixed it" to 1 LOS check.

I used walls to avoid spells in Velk's lab while fighting neuts every single day so I know there wasn't 0 LOS checks and it was just some dumb pet exploit you're talking about. It's obviously been changed several times so it's more about what era of EQ you are trying to emulate.

Null and others talking about it here: http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1710/unled11i.jpg

And another: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8040/asdfif.jpg

Macken
05-01-2011, 10:17 AM
those kills were just a drop in the ocean of the rest of my kills. If that is the test, then i "loved" alot of other zones too.

Reall cc knows that.

So who does that make you?

Macken
05-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I played up to when PoP came out but quit not too long afterwards. Up to that point I never once got rooted/snared when my MR got over 100. Enchanter "all-or-nothing" didn't land nor did their mezes other than the unresistable one. I think your memory has issues.

No, it does not. You know damn well that all of the top pvp'ers either left not too long after PoP came out or rolled other classes/factions.

The only thing you proved is you stuck around longer than everyone else

Lemme guess... You were that guy in WoW who had 700k kills on your guy because you played only one character and did battlegrounds all day and claimed that made you the ultimate badass pvper... amirite?

That's why players like you and wormoct will never be any good. Your head is always confused and you can't understand why everyone passes you by, but can't resist coming to the boards and inadvertantly clueing everyone in on my you suck so bad.

Sorry you lost bro. facts are facts and haters gonna hate. I suggest you take it out on me when the new server arrives. And bring your friends.

And all the best players in the NBA left in 1936.

Winner of SZ ya'll. Top pkr on SZ of all time, in stone, never to be undone. SZ Sensei for life. Sorry ya'll.

Crazycloud
05-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Real CC big CC y0

Marathe = winner of SZ ftw.

Macken
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
cc lite

cc mini-me

fake cc

Macken
05-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Real CC big CC y0

Marathe = winner of SZ ftw.

marathe was my squire. He ran interference for me. Everytime he lit up /ooc i was doing big things somewhere.

Crazycloud
05-01-2011, 10:59 AM
no wai! Marathe was the god of war

Macken
05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
If marathe was a known squire of Macken then it would have defeated the purpose.

Not even real cc knew it.

minakto
05-01-2011, 12:27 PM
luclin time, Pdm ran around using swollen fungusbeat gland. So least in luclin it was worth it to get the gland to snare people.

Can even look at the guild the posted the picture on allakazham

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7603

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 12:32 PM
luclin time, Pdm ran around using swollen fungusbeat gland. So least in luclin it was worth it to get the gland to snare people.

Because they changed MR during luclin so instead of 98% resistant to root/snare at 100-120MR, it was 87% resistant to root with 150MR. I guess it would land pretty easy if you tash someone.

Macken
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
So you were hacking when you resisted every root with 100 mr?

Macken
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
And again to be factual and exact, that was 98% resistant at 500 mr. Which was technically about impossible during velious but that was the cap.

I read "minimum" which would mean the minimum no matter what your resist is at. If i would still root you 2% of the time with 500 mr, then i probably would root you even more at only 100. I am not claiming this scenario is fact wormoct, so don't get confused as you always do. I am only applying simple logic to the equation and suggesting an outcome that makes sense.

Macken
05-01-2011, 06:34 PM
how the fuck do you guys have logs that old saved?

SZ leaderboard was just one reason SZ was the most fun server for me.

It's alot of fun to kill someone 28 levels above you. People who claim full level range pvp is all about griefing greenie don't have a big imagination.

As far as i can tell, 30 level 30's against 1 level 60 will probably win. If you are worried about getting the kill shot, it's like the lottery-someone has got to win.

Amuk
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I would never get snared back in the day, like pre POP unless I got tashed or maloed, and usually took both to be really controlled. I was using just ur typical diamond/bd/wolfseyes/ragebringer etc had prolly 140? I played pretty reckless charging groups in karnors and the later velks and was usually spammed root/snares which never landed musta been 95%+ I'd say. Back in classic I had shit resists on my sham and it would happen quite a bit when I was sporting 60-70 mr etc. Biggest shock for me on VZ/TZ was how easily snares landed on 175+ really ruins a lot of the game, one snare lands on you in mass pvp and it's game over, pretty boring and huge mistake to change that from live. My first pvp fight on VZ/TZ was karnors over VS I had 180 buffed MR first spell cast on me was engulfing darkness and it landed, got completely zerged by scrubs - jokes.

Pudge
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
vztz had it pretty balanced imo. you could never be safe, but still only got snared/rooted maybe 1/10 times. and when you got hit with either of them, they only lasted .5-12 seconds.

Terpuntine
05-01-2011, 11:30 PM
10 min snare and root that have a 50% resist rate at 200mr and non dispellable druid dots is how it was in classic. I remember those details vividly.

wehrmacht
05-02-2011, 12:47 AM
And again to be factual and exact, that was 98% resistant at 500 mr.

lol, what a fucking moron. Lethdar already proved you wrong by posting people's parses. Even post velious when the resist system was changed, you resisted snare and root 87% of the time with 150MR. So before it was changed, you resisted even EASIER.

It was not 98% resistant at 500MR, you have to be a complete idiot to think that after reading the original post.

Biggest shock for me on VZ/TZ was how easily snares landed on 175+ really ruins a lot of the game, one snare lands on you in mass pvp and it's game over, pretty boring and huge mistake to change that from live.

No shit it's a huge mistake to change it, why do you think the TZVZ population was 50 people? Because it's FFA with the worst magic resist system ever created.

JayDee
05-02-2011, 01:08 AM
No shit it's a huge mistake to change it, why do you think the TZVZ population was 50 people? Because it's FFA with the worst magic resist system ever created.

Wrong

I can tell you what every peak & valley was along the vztz timeline. Wipes, Leaderboard implementation, pve being broken, GM favoritism, etc were the distinct reasons I remember population dropping.

Also, do you have any idea how juiced melee dmg was on vztz. Crippling blows for 1500 dmg or w/e the fuck it was with AP.

Besides, my chanter old world with 265 mr rarely ever got tagged with any form of cc on vztz.

wehrmacht
05-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Besides, my chanter old world with 265 mr rarely ever got tagged with any form of cc on vztz.

With the best item in every slot pre-kunark including two 13mr jacinth rings, Null's test rogue was 157mr.

Without any items from planes (jacinth comes from planes and dino) or fire giants, it's 25mr base + 74 items = 99MR.

Tossing around numbers like "265MR" like it's actually attainable by any melee is just retarded. Nobody is going to follow your melee around and cast GMR on you every 10 minutes the entire time you're playing either.

JayDee
05-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Anyone who has ever guilded on vztz has had access to a chanter. Dunno who yer kiddin.

And if you talk prep time for contesting raid mobs, never a reason to not have GMR unless someone is wanding you.

JayDee
05-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Took 2 fucking days to grind one to 50

or in Kringe's/Bodu's case, seconds.

Titanuk
05-02-2011, 03:52 AM
i miss you lethdar cc terp vile and everyone else, i didnt read all the post but w/e

wehrmacht
05-02-2011, 03:54 AM
Anyone who has ever guilded on vztz has had access to a chanter. Dunno who yer kiddin.

EQ PvP has never been balanced around raid buffed people. It's always been balanced around what an average unbuffed melee can attain.

Since 30vs30 fights are less than 1% of play time, it would be stupid to balance around that.

Terpuntine
05-02-2011, 04:30 AM
I miss you to titty i really do.

Macken
05-02-2011, 09:38 PM
EQ PvP has never been balanced around raid buffed people. It's always been balanced around what an average unbuffed melee can attain.
Since 30vs30 fights are less than 1% of play time, it would be stupid to balance around that.

Can you please provide quotes or links to quotes of EQ Development personnel corroborating your claim?

I know someone of unparalled reputation would have no problem providing proof.

Vile
05-02-2011, 10:23 PM
i miss you lethdar cc terp vile and everyone else, i didnt read all the post but w/e
sup bruuuu

Shinabaa
05-02-2011, 10:34 PM
shinabaa is balanced.

JayDee
05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
This thread just got Duped

Cancerface
05-16-2011, 06:19 PM

no serious pvp'er ran around self buffed on vztz. i didnt level up a cleric and chanter so i could run around unbuffed like a fucking newbie. Did you even play on VZTZ?

Lasher
05-16-2011, 06:26 PM
I didnt even run around self buffed on live during velious and on. I had a group of friends and unless they happned to not be on we ran together for pvp and group exp/farm and were alwyas ench,druid, and sham buffed. Didnt have a cleric in the group

Knuckle
05-16-2011, 07:42 PM
sup bruuuu

bro ur an aviak. sad kaws

wehrmacht
05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
no serious pvp'er ran around self buffed on vztz. i didnt level up a cleric and chanter so i could run around unbuffed like a fucking newbie. Did you even play on VZTZ?

Was talking about real EQ, not magebox

Doors
05-16-2011, 08:51 PM
lol worm, noobs always crying about a boxs resist system.

Jigga
05-16-2011, 10:34 PM
On Tz most active pvpers from like kunark up(classic pvp in 99 people were still dumb and learning) usually had more than self buffs typically druid and ench buffs. I can even still remember the enchs i would normally bother for buffs. Azzuno,Tani, and Aeni

Nirgon
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
As much fun as it is to see macken and werhmacht argue back and forth on the issue I'm bored enough make a post about it and link some supporting posts during the era to back up my views rather than "I'M 100% RIGHT AND MY MEMORY IS FLAWLESS" that's been going on.

With regard to magic resist, sadly wehrmacht is more right than wrong when it comes to this issue. I'm sure root landed a ton for you macken, however you never really pvped high lvl characters with resist gear until 2003+, which is well after the resist altering patch which occurred in September of 2002. When this patch went in all of the resist rates for spell were altered and you no longer were safe with just 100-150 mr as a pure melee. Quotes from the era:

"150 is most certainly not the immunity threshold. 150 MR gets you about 87% resistance to snares according to my last batch of tests. I got snared today by an even con when I had 174 MR. Snare is an absolute showstopper. Once you get snared it is game over really. It is extremely hard for a rogue to get 174 MR with no buffs, and even then you will get snared more often than 1/10 by mana free snare items that abound for druids and rangers. " - 9-9-2002.

Spell resist change and posts about it complaining about its effects in pvp 9-7-2002. http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7879

Spell resist rates prior to this patch on sullon zek, from a high lvl enchanter whom i knew on the neutral team.
"For some reason if anyone has over 70 magic resist, magic based spells are completly useless against them but fire/ cold/ disease/ poison ones seems to have a good chance of doing max damage even at 150+ resist.
" - 1-9-2002 (before the resist patch).
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showpost.php?p=93848&postcount=55

Quote from 1-9-2002 regarding LoS
"In what way is not being able to exploit someone through a wall unbalancing? Every time you use a wall or corner to hide while you cast on a melee who can't find you , you are exploiting. Its cheap and I see no reason not to nerf this exploitive behavior.

In what way is not being able to target someone with your pet and cast on them without ever comming into sight unbalancing? "
http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?p=93848#post93848

and the rest of this thread goes on with pretty accurate discussion regarding LoS, resists, the prevalence of golem wands against casters in pvp.

Now just because it was like this does it mean it should be emulated 100% on this server? Lolno. PVP shouldn't involve prenerf pumice and golem wands up the wazoo against casters who can't retaliate at all when someone has 70mr. Melee shouldn't be skillless macktrucks immune to all forms of cc waiting to truckfuck any fools playing casters once they get a few pieces of resist gear. Casters shouldn't be able to nuke the shit out of you from behind every wall in a dungeon while you spin around trying to figure out where they are.

Anyway, lololo you're both wrong, post count ++

Anyway, I guess Lethdar beat me to the "lose your mind over the fact that someone might listen to these two retards" punch.

Wehr, you best be trolling son. In any event, you have been exposed and foiled.

Macken, stop encouraging dumb shit by name dropping Wehr.

Lethdar, you're fuckin' on your game. Good posting to you.

Mods - sticky and lock please.

Prince
06-06-2011, 11:18 PM
very goog. thanx for share.

Jigga
06-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Lethdar is so dreamy. His posts make me want to be his in game friend aswell as his real life friend ,no fooling

wehrmacht
06-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Anyway, I guess Lethdar beat me to the "lose your mind over the fact that someone might listen to these two retards" punch.

Wehr, you best be trolling son. In any event, you have been exposed and foiled.

Macken, stop encouraging dumb shit by name dropping Wehr.

Lethdar, you're fuckin' on your game. Good posting to you.

Mods - sticky and lock please.

Since the above poster appears to have down syndrome, Lethdar's post backed up what I said, not "debunked" it. Someone's magic resist parse during Luclin from safehouse boards:

"150 MR gets you about 87% resistance to snares according to my last batch of tests."

It was easier to resist spells before the resist system was changed during Luclin so 150MR would get you even higher than 87% resistance during Kunark and Velious.

Jigga
06-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Its amazing how you conveniently didnt comment about you being wrong about LoS. Do you think you are sneaky or something. You are probably thinking to yourself " If i just dont bring attention to what i was wrong at, people wont associate me with being grossly incorrect on many issues, Fool proof"

wehrmacht
06-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Its amazing how you conveniently didnt comment about you being wrong about LoS. Do you think you are sneaky or something. You are probably thinking to yourself " If i just dont bring attention to what i was wrong at, people wont associate me with being grossly incorrect on many issues, Fool proof"

I wasn't wrong about LoS. Go search the TZVZ board, people like Xebekn say there were 2 LoS checks some of the time and 0 or 1 LoS other times. The only thing in question is how long each period of time lasted. LoS nobody cares about in the first place. Resists are the important thing. I could give a shit about LoS.

edit: I do know that when I quit EQ right before Luclin came out, there were 2 LoS checks on Sullon Zek, that's a fact.

Jigga
06-07-2011, 12:01 AM
dont need to check vztz forums commenting about what they think they remember 11 years ago i can just look at the link lethdar provided about them actaully talking about it 11 years ago.

You should read what you type before you hit submit

Jigga
06-07-2011, 12:03 AM
edit: I do know that when I quit EQ right before Luclin came out, there were 2 LoS checks on Sullon Zek, that's a fact.

Since SZ came out 6 months before luclin you played on a pvp server for at most 6 months. Cool bro. Please drive thru

wehrmacht
06-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Since SZ came out 6 months before luclin you played on a pvp server for at most 6 months. Cool bro. Please drive thru

Jigger, I played during PoP too, not everyone plays EQ 10 years straight in row without stopping like you, sorry if I had to stop for a while.

Can we get some more Heresy gays crying at my posts.

Jigga
06-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Not heresy. Can we get more fags who quit live pvp server after 6 months that joins Fishbait and qq about root and claims everyone who challenges him is Heresy. I dont blame you. You just associate getting your ass handed to you with Heresy so it makes perfect sense you think i am heresy

wehrmacht
06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Not heresy. Can we get more fags who quit live pvp server after 6 months that joins Fishbait and qq about root and claims everyone who challenges him is Heresy. I dont blame you. You just associate getting your ass handed to you with Heresy so it makes perfect sense you think i am heresy

We get it dude, you're mad and crying on the msg board at me. I don't care.

Amuk
06-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Shit I thought there was an end of cast LOS check fuck its been so long tho who knows.

Lasher
06-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Its been forever so i try not to use my memory as evidence.I had memories nuking people in najena and HK and i thought only Bolts had LoS at the end. Cleric and ench nukes were so long like 4-6 sec( ench lvl 44 nuke is 6.1 sec) that it would almost be impossible to nuke someone since they could just easily corner it in that time and obviously root/mez/stun never landed so ench and clerics wouldnt be able to keep them in one place long enough to nuke.

Hi Amuk

Rushmore
06-07-2011, 01:24 AM
fan of OP

wehrmacht
06-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Shit I thought there was an end of cast LOS check fuck its been so long tho who knows.

Probably was that way at one point in time. I just know there were 2 LoS checks at end of Velious.

Koota
06-07-2011, 04:30 AM
<wehrmacht> hell if I know

Haul
06-07-2011, 10:34 AM

lol

Nirgon
06-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Look man, maybe you didn't play in Kunark and things did change. Line of sight (unfortunately maybe) was not required to make a cast or to complete it. What did happen that blocked a cast was water. You had to be in the water to hit someone in the water with a spell and vice versa: if you were in water and they weren't - spell effect, mana spent but no damage. It was bugged.

Now... going forward on that how many people are going to introduce it as a bug and freak out / possibly QQquit over it? Are you going for true classic or a "fixed" classic? Well, I think I know what people will want. What you're doing is turning the board into a suggestion mill and bringing in all the developer troll WoW kiddies.

Truth be told, it depends on the crowd this server expects to attract. Do you want to appease the modern market? Or do you want to keep the oldies that possibly turned their nose up at vztz and might play here given the prestige of p99.

More important questions should be "Who is going to GM this thing?" Would I suggest a GM from P99 like Sirken? Hm, he's going to have all kinds of prejudices but guess what.. he will already know who the hell he needs to really be keeping an eye on. He's going to be the most familiar person with the usual bs and antics that get pulled on a "classic" pvp implemented server. He has a nose and eye for bugs. Really though, how he reacts to the players here vs there... he might be past his patience limit who knows. What I do know is there needs to be a close eye on who's GM and how they are going to manage keeping staff present / logging events all hours of the day (good luck).

My only advice to Null is to take his sweet ass time, not burn out and don't release it until it's ready and things are super solid (on paper). After the ducks are in a row, run an extensive beta. It kills two birds with one stone, people get to scratch the itch and we get to sort out anything missed. Sign me up for any testing!

PS: Sorry if I had to compliment Lethdar but people who know wtf they are talking about are few and far between on subjects such as these.

Crazycloud
06-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Its been forever so i try not to use my memory as evidence.I had memories nuking people in najena and HK and i thought only Bolts had LoS at the end.

100 % correct here. My first class ever was a mage back in 1999. Any hill/house/object or w.e will block the bolt from hitting you. You could even see the bolt travel towards you it was cool shit. It had a SUPER long range and was really good in outdoors in zones like WC and shit. Indoors? you betta not cast bolt.

Nirgon
06-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Shit! It has been a while! If bolts work on p99 blue I might hafta roll up a wizard and cast a few for old time's sake.

Also, and interestingly enough bolts had LoS during the whole thing not just at the end but I know that's what you meant. Tricksy.... and I wonder how that was calculated without a constant check running.

JayDee
06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
U raaw , nirgon?

Remember that hour long fight we had in unrest on 3.0. I was playing friends druid Kenflo. Was a fun stalemate brobro.

Zerged your ass couple days later in Sro though :)

Nirgon
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Was your wizzie Myth? I played Kabober (given to me at lvl 45 or 50 or something by Kringe) on I guess it was 2.0 with 8in unb'd (one of my favorite guilds actually). My retirement largely stems from losing that wizard to the box wipe. I just didn't feel like that kind of time dump/investment all over again. I had a brief lvl 1-55 stint on Faceliss until Lord Kringe took him over lol after one fateful "hey you still got that SK?" text. Guess he got tired of blowing every man woman and child up with that crazy mage of his.

Err 3.0, 2.0... shite it all runs together. I definitely had it out wizard vs healer classes burning reagents and manastoning.. I think some druid (maybe Lasher?) was like "WTF HOW ARE YOU ME" and I was real confused but he meant how I dispelled (casting dispel while dot was half way done casting) and zoned and rebuffed like him.

Now that I think of it... why do I want this kind of pvp, I just do lol.

Also, if we're going to get real classic... are we going to have insta click items refresh spell gems? ; )

... Fixed classic? Or true classic?

Koota
06-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Nirgon. Sup its Agonizing from ooooold RZ days

Pudge
06-07-2011, 06:40 PM
naw that's not raaw. raaw's posted once or twice around here, name's fucenfag

wehrmacht
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I played Kabober (given to me at lvl 45 or 50 or something by Kringe) on I guess it was 2.0 with 8in unb'd (one of my favorite guilds actually).

<Engencvay is mineway> guild? Where everyone was named Jontik, Kabober, and other pet names?

Nice putting trash players together with their trash posts. Killed these buffoons twice in a row in Guk then they come back a 3rd time with DA train and still didn't kill anyone.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4506/adfasdfy.jpg

Nirgon
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Yeah Ago I remembers ya from when necros and mages at lvl 24 took over on wizard's until like 44 or 49. I remember you said "look at your resists" after casting malise. I was like how is this fair at all!? Definitely something that stood out for me.

Going to be interesting who finds their way over into this thing.

Yeah Wehr I also remember message boards have blocks when I get tired of reading absolute drivel.

That's the 3rd time you've linked that screen shot. A train in LGuk resulting maybe from PvP (don't know or care)? I dunno, who woulda thunk it?

Adios to that broken record of retardation => user CP->edit ignore list -> Wehrmacht=> forums = better.

wehrmacht
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah Wehr I also remember message boards have blocks when I get tired of reading absolute drivel.

That's the 3rd time you've linked that screen shot. A train in LGuk resulting maybe from PvP (don't know or care)? I dunno, who woulda thunk it?

Adios to that broken record of retardation => user CP->edit ignore list -> Wehrmacht=> forums = better.

A kringe associate running 500 Macroquest hacks training people 24 hours a day cries when other posters call them out. News at 11.

Hazek
06-09-2011, 07:38 AM

I watched your youtube videos. You seem pretty uber, but I wanted to let you know that Everquest allows you to bind your spells.

fiegi
06-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I watched your youtube videos. You seem pretty uber, but I wanted to let you know that Everquest allows you to bind your spells.

link?

Dojii
06-09-2011, 06:16 PM

binding a spell to hotkey isn't a game breaker brew.

Dojii
06-09-2011, 06:18 PM
heal and assist heal hotkey is about the furthest I would go. Maybe a DD. But yea thanks for making an account to get at me dawg. You got post count +1.

fiegi
06-09-2011, 07:25 PM
wut game is that in youtube link? Looks like wow. kinda got me going down memory lane of the early wow days.

lethdar
04-24-2012, 08:58 PM
HEHE GUYS, remember when we had discussed and figured out what resists were like during classic pvp almost exactly a year ago?

bamzal
04-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah but don't you know? Null had this great system he devloped in his spare time

SamwiseRed
04-24-2012, 09:11 PM
bloob null makes resist system for red box. meh cant complain, not like i could do it but still.