PDA

View Full Version : Don't min max.

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 10:55 AM
It isn't how to roleplay and have fun.

You will find yourself a scaly iksar some 10 years later with a bank full of loot and playing other alts instead, ones that you didn't min/max. Characters you play with your friends to help them out. Half elf druids. Rogues that rolled DE without a guise. Gnome wizards and humans with eye patches.

This is everquest. A world were you can be whatever you want to be and do whatever you want to do. You can do it with 50 CHA and big troll ears or 90 Charisma and soft skinsssss.;)

Wrekt
03-14-2020, 11:08 AM
Do you have any more opinions on how people should play EQ?

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Do you have any more opinions on how people should play EQ?

Everyone should play EQ however we want to. If min maxing makes us happy that is OK too.

I just believe people should know that EQ is STILL FUN. Even if they aren't min maxer's and even if they don't want to sit in a raid guild in line for BIS items at the 900th position.

No one is required to play this game a specific way. We don't all HAVE to be ogre warriors to have fun.

Elf warriors are sexy with great agile dexterous bods and ALSO have fun.

El-Hefe
03-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Don’t feel compelled to min/max to have fun.

But also know, if you max/min you’re probably not going to have a great time either. Friends don’t let friends play elf warriors.

pizzasuit
03-15-2020, 10:39 AM
Max out CHA on the most beautiful ogre around. Show people that the makeup DOES SOMETHING!

Mblake81
03-15-2020, 11:45 AM
Max out CHA on the most beautiful ogre around. Show people that the makeup DOES SOMETHING!

max agility

https://i.imgur.com/x5fxQ.gif

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 12:19 PM
^^^ So Impressive. Love body positivity without the body shaming.

https://i.imgur.com/txDu6Ev.png

Here's me and my friend Zimbittle, she has such a pretty eye!

Mblake81
03-15-2020, 12:25 PM
No, don't count me in that group.

The thought of an EQ ogre doing max agil parkour is all im saying.

Nagoya
03-15-2020, 05:23 PM
It's great that you are here to tell us how to live our lives, I was a bit lost. Thanks!

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 07:50 PM
It's great that you are here to tell us how to live our lives, I was a bit lost. Thanks!

Think of me as an Elf spirit guide. I am just going to sit in your window and stare until you get it.

Or you could, just ignore me.

Or spit roast me over a fire.

But that would make you a troll :D :o

I am not exactly against trolls. Or min maxers. I am not trying to tell you how to live your life.

I am trying to give some options. My perspective. Tell you how you MAY if you would like, without my permission. Like, if you wan't to. U can live ur elf life according to many different rules than what has the best regen. Aka iksar.

Dogma
03-15-2020, 08:03 PM
Iksar warrior 25 dex is best thing you can do with your life.

Idk about min/max but the above will bring you infinite happiness.

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 08:57 PM
Iksar warrior 25 dex is best thing you can do with your life.

Idk about min/max but the above will bring you infinite happiness.

Seems like a legit way to roll. Would love to roll me an iksar warrior this way.

Nagoya
03-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Think of me as an Elf spirit guide. I am just going to sit in your window and stare until you get it.

Or you could, just ignore me.

Or spit roast me over a fire.

But that would make you a troll :D :o

I am not exactly against trolls. Or min maxers. I am not trying to tell you how to live your life.

I am trying to give some options. My perspective. Tell you how you MAY if you would like, without my permission. Like, if you wan't to. U can live ur elf life according to many different rules than what has the best regen. Aka iksar.

You didn't really give that vibe with "don't min/max, this is not how to have fun"
But maybe you're just not a great communicator.

magnetaress
03-18-2020, 02:13 PM
You didn't really give that vibe with "don't min/max, this is not how to have fun"
But maybe you're just not a great communicator.

maybe not!, thanks for helping me learn though!