PDA

View Full Version : Warrior or Rogue?

Jorvaar
03-13-2020, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, just starting on green as a trio with a druid and a mage. I'm debating between a warrior or rogue (probably a wood elf cause I like them). Any suggestions on what you'd choose between those two and why?

Dogma
03-13-2020, 12:53 PM
Warrior because rogue won't get many chances to backstab with that trio.

Also warrior is the best class.

ads4s
03-13-2020, 12:58 PM
I'm very new to the server, but doing a /who all count war, it seems the server is short on warriors (probably rogues too).

Both classes can't solo, and can only perform in a group. However, a Rog needs another Tank in the group, whereas a War can be the solo Tank with in a group of casters / healers -- so it's easier to form a group as a War.

Also, if you play with your friends, War would probably be better. As a melee player, the mage pet will never be able to get aggro off you -- so you'd have to tank.

kjs86z
03-13-2020, 01:00 PM
Warrior is the only viable option between the two for that trio.

magnetaress
03-13-2020, 01:34 PM
You could play a rogue, it wouldn't be that bad, but you don't want to tank in classic gear lol. You will have more fun with a warrior being able to tank your group will be super efficient.

Naerron
03-13-2020, 02:44 PM
aye, go warrior, they're an amazing class. Plus, in that group you can consider your mage the rogue of the group. Mage's main offering to a group in classic is DPS, they never even get root!

Guesty07
03-13-2020, 03:25 PM
Warrior is the only viable option. But ideally I'd go 3 casters. Enchater or shaman or necro could work

Jorvaar
03-13-2020, 03:36 PM
Pretty overwhelmingly warrior. Think I'll go that route. I appreciate the 3 caster feedback as well but I like to run up and hit stuff and with the other two in the trio I figure I'll be fine.

Zeboim
03-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Using a rogue in this scenario is like trying to use a Ferrari to pull an RV. Good tool, wrong job.

Philistine
03-13-2020, 04:46 PM
I agree with everyone else :) Warrior seems like a decent combo with druid and mage - or maybe SK for some nice tankage while still getting invis and being able to FD pull if y'all decide you want to do an indoor dungeon?

Naonak
03-14-2020, 10:03 PM
Rogue would be a great addition, if he/she enjoys chasing a merb to backstab it, while that said merb is chasing the druid. Another mage would be sweet. 2 mage pets and druid to buff/heal. Level fast