PDA

View Full Version : I played on a live red server for 1 hour....

Brinkman
04-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Figured Id share my story here!

I played on live in 1999, on Povar. My Brother and I decided it would be fun to roll two Dark Elves for fun on whatever zek was up back in early EQ I dont remember.

So we lvled a Wizard and a SK ( I know not that greatest combo ). Got to lvl 4. There were not that many people in nektulos that day we were on. Then, My brother noticed a necro with a cracked staff and he was all like " Dude, lets gank that guy for his staff I need to buy a bag"

I was game, thats why we rolled red. Proceeded to killl him and take his staff. As soon as the necro respawned, he did a zonewide shout " Soandso are KINSLAYERS!!!" Kill them!! At first we stood our ground killing the necro again and a few lvl 2's and 3's but then lvl 5s came and started beating the crap out of us soon we were being bind camped for about 20 minutes by large croud that kept growing untill we /q out.

I suppose I should have gave it more time, and asked questions before I went off killing people of the same race, but I looked at the server as a ffa kind of thing, knowing nothing about it, just assumed everyone as game. I never went back, again I should have given it another try and learned more before joining.

Its that normal for pvp servers? For people playing the same races to not kill each other? I Am interested once again and would like to know whats "normal"

Doors
04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Get good scrub.

Foxx
04-29-2011, 03:53 PM
lol griefed off red in less than a day... u and doors should hang out

Pudge
04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
on emu it's totally normal for ppl to kill others of their own race. if the server is ffa, then it will be totally ffa, and anyone shouting about "kinslayers" would only be inviting further attack on himself (by someone of his own race of course)

Tombom
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
lol griefed off red in less than a day... u and doors should hang out

Knuckle
04-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Figured Id share my story here!

I played on live in 1999, on Povar. My Brother and I decided it would be fun to roll two Dark Elves for fun on whatever zek was up back in early EQ I dont remember.

So we lvled a Wizard and a SK ( I know not that greatest combo ). Got to lvl 4. There were not that many people in nektulos that day we were on. Then, My brother noticed a necro with a cracked staff and he was all like " Dude, lets gank that guy for his staff I need to buy a bag"

I was game, thats why we rolled red. Proceeded to killl him and take his staff. As soon as the necro respawned, he did a zonewide shout " Soandso are KINSLAYERS!!!" Kill them!! At first we stood our ground killing the necro again and a few lvl 2's and 3's but then lvl 5s came and started beating the crap out of us soon we were being bind camped for about 20 minutes by large croud that kept growing untill we /q out.

I suppose I should have gave it more time, and asked questions before I went off killing people of the same race, but I looked at the server as a ffa kind of thing, knowing nothing about it, just assumed everyone as game. I never went back, again I should have given it another try and learned more before joining.

Its that normal for pvp servers? For people playing the same races to not kill each other? I Am interested once again and would like to know whats "normal"

You've got the right attitude, slay anyone not apart of your 'crew'. What you were experiencing was something that Rallos Zek ran by which was the 'anti pk' rule. A few powerful guilds ran the show and anyone doing random PKs would be a target of their 'justice' and I believe thats how it went down in general on RZ.

On the PVP servers here the pop. will not support that sort of bullshit. People will roll with their clan and you will kill anyone not in your clan at your discretion. You won't bring down a hammer on yourself unless you try to attack one of the gimps or fodder in a high end guild and he screams in vent till other people paint a target on you.

Foxx
04-29-2011, 05:07 PM
You've got the right attitude, slay anyone not apart of your 'crew'. What you were experiencing was something that Rallos Zek ran by which was the 'anti pk' rule. A few powerful guilds ran the show and anyone doing random PKs would be a target of their 'justice' and I believe thats how it went down in general on RZ.

On the PVP servers here the pop. will not support that sort of bullshit. People will roll with their clan and you will kill anyone not in your clan at your discretion. You won't bring down a hammer on yourself unless you try to attack one of the gimps or fodder in a high end guild and he screams in vent till other people paint a target on you.

aka whenever someone kills knuckle and he cries wolf for lasher

jk love u pal

mimixownzall
04-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Thus a shining example of why Knuckle and his ilk want a FFA server. They anticipate being the top dog on the server and cringe at the thought of it being teams and having to possibly going up against 2 or 3 guilds banding together.

They want to stroll around and steamroll people with their superior numbers. They fear competition. That is why they are so adamant about it being a FFA server.

Pudge
04-29-2011, 06:43 PM
actually it's kinda the opposite. if it's ffa, everyone will be against the top dog guild.. not just the other half (or other 2/3) of the server

guilds teamed up against the dominant guild all the time on vztz

Crazycloud
04-29-2011, 07:50 PM
aka airtight granny and fair fighters vs handpicked good times.

Terpuntine
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
His thread has failed to deliverT

Doors
04-29-2011, 09:18 PM
On the PVP servers here the pop. will not support that sort of bullshit.

Slow down there sleuth, there is no pvp server here.

Wintil
04-30-2011, 09:58 PM
I played on povar, it was PvE..

Salty
04-30-2011, 10:05 PM
posting in this thread

Brinkman
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
I played on povar, it was PvE..

Right... did you read my whole post? lol

Gave a little background on myself, and then went into the pvp story.

Knuckle
05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
it alian , gangsta son.