PDA

View Full Version : High Keep Raider Room

Benanov
03-04-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm trying to get to the bottom of a dispute here. The specifics aren't important, only the answer to this question -

How many "camps" is High Keep Goblins? I understand that one group CAN take all the spawns (and typically, especially on Blue, they do), but is the Raider room technically a separate camp by server rules?

This is elf court, so remember forumquesters, you're under oath.

Thanks in advance.

magnetaress
03-04-2020, 07:22 PM
Yes

Kaellaven
03-04-2020, 07:32 PM
I think there official stance is it depends on amount of people in the zone. When I first started playing at Live launch, it was 4 camps.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2570628#post2570628%7C

Wrekt
03-04-2020, 07:56 PM
I was in a group on live that just camped raider room with 3 of us. I believe the server rules would be the line of sight rule kind of like unrest basement. 1 group usually kills basement down to the ghost. But, if someone wants to be a dick, they can claim ghost while there's a group in the basement.

YendorLootmonkey
03-04-2020, 08:00 PM
I am not an elf lawyer, but my understanding of the Elf Court ruling is if there is a group at the stairs taking all of the goblin spawns and another player/group contests raider room, then the group at the stairs has to pick which camp they want. Whoever is left with the main room claims those spawns. Whoever is left with the raider room claims those spawns. Everything else is FTE between those two groups since they are technically "not currently camped".

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=614444&postcount=2

"That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

"Dungeon Type Zones are characterized as a zone which has very few open areas. These types of zones may include Sebilis, City of Mist, Unrest or High Keep (See section 2 above). For the most part you can claim what's Line of Sight (LOS)/Aggro Range. A couple exemptions to the LOS/Aggro range guideline may be Sebilis Spore King and Karnor Captain where camping within LOS/Aggro is just not practical.

For these types of zones camps are usually dictated by the geometry. You may absolutely hunt multiple camps if no one else is contesting them. Once another party shows up asking for one of your camps it is your decision which camp you wish to claim, then they can then have their choice.

Again, If an equitable compromise cannot be reached between the players prior to Project 1999 Customer Service Staff involvement, the P99CSR will mandate a compromise. Any such compromise is final and not open to debate. Refusing to abide by these terms will be considered disruption and may result in disciplinary action.

Note: A "party" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal."

Casteel
03-04-2020, 08:25 PM
Thank you for not calling the zone "High Hold Keep"

BlackBellamy
03-04-2020, 08:51 PM
A "party" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal."

In all other cases a party is a bunch of cats getting drunk.

https://imgur.com/fE5q73J.jpg

Nycon43
03-04-2020, 09:23 PM
I know back in the day on Quellious goblins were split into three camps(guard/warrior/raider rooms). Looking back it was pretty amazing I tolerated camping a 5 mob spawn.

aaezil
03-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Every single goblin spawn point can be a camp if you try hard enough! Dont give up yet

Benanov
03-04-2020, 10:49 PM
I am not an elf lawyer, but my understanding of the Elf Court ruling is if there is a group at the stairs taking all of the goblin spawns and another player/group contests raider room, then the group at the stairs has to pick which camp they want. Whoever is left with the main room claims those spawns. Whoever is left with the raider room claims those spawns. Everything else is FTE between those two groups since they are technically "not currently camped".

Answer I was looking for, thank you.

Cen
03-06-2020, 09:08 AM
If you have 6 people on the list, then yes, you can now make your own group and must decide whos main and whos raider and you both keep those down then move from there.

This is actually a pretty sweet deal making 34 not the upper limit to HK groups

Tethler
03-06-2020, 09:55 PM
As Yendor linked on the last page, you absolutely can contest Highkeep goblins and claim a room. It's within your rights and GMs will back you. However, most players will consider that a douche move, so your server reputation may suffer if you do that kind of thing regularly.

Kimmie
03-06-2020, 10:09 PM
Thank you for not calling the zone "High Hold Keep"

Nuggie
03-08-2020, 12:51 PM
And Yendor calls himself not an Elf Court Lawyer... heh

Pretzelle
03-08-2020, 01:16 PM
You can partition the goblins easily into 4 camps.

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Since people mainly farm them for money, bronze, ears, and plat and not exp, I would give each player 1 spawn each if I were a GM.

Octopath
03-08-2020, 03:03 PM
Since people mainly farm them for money, bronze, ears, and plat and not exp, I would give each player 1 spawn each if I were a GM.

Wrong. The main reason people kill these are for the xp.

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 03:59 PM
Wrong. The main reason people kill these are for the xp.

I don't believe you, its always overcrowded, unless you are on red99, and the exp modifie isn't that good, there's a lot of healers, sham mobs. It is better to kill almost anything else at that lvl.

kaizersoze
03-08-2020, 05:32 PM
If you have 6 people on the list, then yes, you can now make your own group and must decide whos main and whos raider and you both keep those down then move from there.

This is actually a pretty sweet deal making 34 not the upper limit to HK groups

3 mobs every like 20 minutes, how fun and fast for leveling.

YendorLootmonkey
03-08-2020, 07:30 PM
And Yendor calls himself not an Elf Court Lawyer... heh

As in, I can point you to the server rules that everyone is responsible for knowing to answer the question the OP had.

I am not a true elf lawyer that can find loopholes/exploits/exceptions to raid rules, analyze video evidence, file petitions to elf judges, etc.

I'm more of a responsible elf citizen.

Benanov
03-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Oh, yes. My point is not actually to do this, it's to settle a dispute where someone did this / attempted to do this, and another party filled out the proverbial butthurt report form, and I get called in to play King Solomon for an incident now a week old.

It seems like the party I have been requested to investigate was in the right. As is usual for these sorts of things.

As for actual elf lawyers, I have Ramal on retainer.

magnetaress
03-09-2020, 01:46 PM
A real elf court with GM mobs that summoned players into a jury box and elf court rules would be pretty fun.

Benanov
03-09-2020, 04:33 PM
A real elf court with GM mobs that summoned players into a jury box and elf court rules would be pretty fun.

Only if the punishment for contempt of court is a Death Touch.

Wallicker
03-09-2020, 06:40 PM

Goblins are on a 10-min timer. This coupled with the extreme ZeM in HighKeep makes it VERY good Xp for someone solo/duo to hold down the raider room.

Philistine
03-09-2020, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to get to the bottom of a dispute here. The specifics aren't important, only the answer to this question -

How many "camps" is High Keep Goblins? I understand that one group CAN take all the spawns (and typically, especially on Blue, they do), but is the Raider room technically a separate camp by server rules?

This is elf court, so remember forumquesters, you're under oath.

Thanks in advance.

This question was posed without ranting or name/shaming, and was even written in a good-natured way! We need more posts like this!