PDA

View Full Version : Cost Efficient Spell Research?

magnetaress
03-03-2020, 12:52 PM
I would like to know the best way to get all my spells researched.

Tomes and farming components for concordance?
Dumping plat into it at the trainer?
Farming mats for actual spells and making multiple research attempts?

I feel like this is one of those things I never was able to accomplish in EQ that I would love to get done this year on my necro. This isn't a plea for someone to twink me with spells. This is my curiosity about how people who are OCD go about this.

Best I have done is gotten like lvl 40 and researched like the occasional lvl 16,24,29 spells.

Mignart
03-03-2020, 02:08 PM
One of two routes:
1) pay the money and train at the trainer and spend a ton of money in doing so.
2) Get components and find a lvl 50 with max research and tip them for combines.

Old_PVP
03-03-2020, 03:01 PM
Pay the cost at trainer. It is honestly not even that much money. 2k tops? To go from 0 - max. Look at it as an investment. If you can make top tier spells without fails then you can sell those same spells for 2k a pop pretty easily.

DisbeAsos
03-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Just under 2k to max at trainer, research was never implemented the way it was intended (another thing that got scratched off the board at development as funds ran out and time was looming) so like Agility and so many other things it never reached its full potential. Pay the trainer and move on...

magnetaress
03-03-2020, 03:56 PM
aye and thanks all, saved me farming so much stuff for like 4 skillups lol

Issar
03-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Holy crap! I have never leveled caster in EQ, and just assumed that research was like all other trade skills, where you were capped from the trainer at 21. You can actually train to max with 2k? That was one of, if not the most significant reason I chose not to level a caster right away on green.

magnetaress
03-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Holy crap! I have never leveled caster in EQ, and just assumed that research was like all other trade skills, where you were capped from the trainer at 21. You can actually train to max with 2k? That was one of, if not the most significant reason I chose not to level a caster right away on green.

Yeah. Same. I think we can though. I am hopeful.