PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to afk at character select?

magnetaress
03-03-2020, 12:37 PM
If say I don't have any corpses to decay? This is something I avoided out of general fear & irrational reasons, I am curious what other people have experienced with this.

Naxy
03-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Not sure I understand the question. I interpret "at character select" as you haven't picked a character to enter Norrath with. Maybe you mean something else, as at character select you aren't in game and nothing can happen to your character.

magnetaress
03-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Not sure I understand the question. I interpret "at character select" as you haven't picked a character to enter Norrath with. Maybe you mean something else, as at character select you aren't in game and nothing can happen to your character.

I am afraid someone will come into my room and delete it while I am stretching lol. Or my cat will.

Videri
03-03-2020, 01:13 PM
You could tab out to another app so EQ doesn't receive inputs from your keyboard or mouse.

BlackBellamy
03-03-2020, 01:36 PM
If say I don't have any corpses to decay? This is something I avoided out of general fear & irrational reasons, I am curious what other people have experienced with this.

The only thing that happens at char select is that your rez timer if any is running and the GMs can tell you're there.

magnetaress
03-03-2020, 01:42 PM
thanks and appreciate the tip, got forums open on top of eq and discord, feel a little better about it :D

twitchthroe
03-03-2020, 04:35 PM

Are you actually asking us if you can trust yourself, the people you live with and your pets???

You could just go back one page with the exit / back button and you're totally safe from everquest character deleting cats

However if you've got family which wants to delete your characters, can't help you, they'll possibly pour woucestershire sauce on your graphics card to fuck with you, you never can tell :D

magnetaress
03-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Are you actually asking us if you can trust yourself, the people you live with and your pets???

You could just go back one page with the exit / back button and you're totally safe from everquest character deleting cats

However if you've got family which wants to delete your characters, can't help you, they'll possibly pour woucestershire sauce on your graphics card to fuck with you, you never can tell :D

Family, people in my head. Evil spirits. It's a mess. I love them all very much though, that's why I play EQ and work out so I can stay with them on the earth.

twitchthroe
03-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Family, people in my head. Evil spirits. It's a mess. I love them all very much though, that's why I play EQ and work out so I can stay with them on the earth.

I'd suggest to never leave the character on the select screen, if for anything just for your own piece of mind when you leave the room.

lonmoer
03-03-2020, 06:24 PM
No!

Trademaster
03-06-2020, 03:42 PM
If you can't trust your cat, who can you trust. I have a guard cat. She disappears whenever anybody shows up at my house.

magnetaress
03-06-2020, 04:01 PM
I've just been buying extra food and staying logged in but for a bit last night and this morning I napped with my door locked and 3 apps open on top of EQ. I feel like this is pretty safe(tm).