PDA

View Full Version : Need Corpse Hunting Tips

twitchthroe
03-02-2020, 12:34 PM
If one thing is going to make me never come back to this awesome game, it's not being able to find my corpse.

Hell, using other peoples abandoned corpses is currently the way I find my way around since each name is one of a kind.

What's your method for finding your corpse?

Cheers

Edit: Hopefully to kill 2 birds with 1 stone - I currently can't play because when I booted up this morning the game for some reason it now minimizes when I click the along the bottom or the left of the screen. I'm assuming I'll have to find a fix myself but if anyone knows what to do on this, go ahead and chime in. Tried compatability mode, fullscreening from menu once entering the game, changing the ini to fullscreen, all the obvious stuff.

Drakoz
03-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Necro's have corpse finding spell just need to find one...i think its a low lvl spell as well. I would help as i am a necro but i wont be on until later tonight sadly. (eastern USA)

stebbins99
03-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Bards can also help you locate a corpse at a pretty low lvl

twitchthroe
03-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Awesome, good enough.

I've currently got my corpse but I've spent a lot of time aimlessly searching each time I die ^^ I'm guessing this is normal

Drakoz
03-02-2020, 12:46 PM
I suggest having p99 maps open as well so you kind of have a idea where you are..Thats what i do alteast .

twitchthroe
03-02-2020, 12:48 PM
I suggest having p99 maps open as well so you kind of have a idea where you are..Thats what i do alteast .

I'll be setting my old 2nd monitor up soon for this, I was lost before I checked out a map, and then the game became really fun. so I'll definitely be following your advice here.

magnetaress
03-02-2020, 01:41 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Chipped_Bone_Rod

also, ya just necro or bard friends

/corpse
/loc
/doability 1 (or whatever sense heading is bound to) on a hotkey also

I don't know any other easy ways to find corpses. They get lost in walls and hills so the /corpse hotkey is the best thing ever

Issar
03-02-2020, 02:43 PM
If I know I'm going to die, I stop moving and do a /loc
Recovering your corpse in Everfrost at night time is rough without it.

Videri
03-02-2020, 02:48 PM
I suggest you make a /loc hotkey and put it in a hotbar and hit it when you’re in danger. I hit Shift 3 and then 3 to get my /loc, then Shift 1 to go back to my main hotbar. All left hand.

Gatorsmash
03-02-2020, 08:01 PM
Always,always have a light source that's "on" 24/7 in a inventory slot. Makes spotting your corpse from a distance a x1000 easier.

And by on 24/7 some equipment that work as a light source dont give off light on a corpse vs say a light stone in a inventory slot

Neon Archie
03-02-2020, 09:37 PM
If I know I'm going to die, I stop moving and do a /loc
Recovering your corpse in Everfrost at night time is rough without it.

This is the best if death is imminent.

Also make a /corpse hotkey. If for some reason you did not get the loc before croaking, and you are in the vicinity of your corpse, then /corpse will drag it to you. Just spam the corpse hotkey when in the vicinity.

twitchthroe
03-02-2020, 09:43 PM
1. So co ords are a thing! and you can't do it after you die. Got it.

2. Stick a shiny stone in the inventory to both help see in the dark and spot the corpse from a mile away, got it.

3. And of course the aforementioned hire a necro or druid as a last resort.

Thank you my nerds, this is exactly what I needed to hear.

twitchthroe
03-02-2020, 09:46 PM
This is the best if death is imminent.

Also make a /corpse hotkey. If for some reason you did not get the loc before croaking, and you are in the vicinity of your corpse, then /corpse will drag it to you. Just spam the corpse hotkey when in the vicinity.

What? so I can just spam /corpse and not even move?? Any side effects to this?

ewjax
03-02-2020, 11:54 PM
This item

http://wiki.project1999.com/Chipped_Bone_Rod

Later in game you can just buy them from a few vendors, but at this point on Green, you'll need to either buy one or farm one out of Befallen. Toss it in the bank, it's a nice bit of peace of mind.

If /corpse hotkey doesn't do it, then shake a tree and watch all the necros fall out and ask one, and as last resort, go to the bank and retrieve this rod and use it yourself.

twitchthroe
03-03-2020, 12:50 AM
shake a tree and watch all the necros fall out

To my surprise, 4 necs fell out of the nearest tree when I shook it

Videri
03-03-2020, 01:58 AM
1. So co ords are a thing! and you can't do it after you die. Got it.

Yep. Note that in Everquest, the Y coordinate comes first, and the X coordinate comes second (the reverse of what we learned in math class). Also, though the Y coordinate counts upward from south to north (just like math class), the X coordinate counts from right to left, aka east to west (again, the reverse of what we learned in math class). Therefore, the Everquest coordinate system can be described as Y, -X. This sucks, but I have gotten used to it.

Thank you my nerds, this is exactly what I needed to hear.

You got it, Twitchy.

Videri
03-03-2020, 02:01 AM
What? so I can just spam /corpse and not even move?? Any side effects to this?

This has no side effects or costs. You can use it as much as you want. However, you can't just stand there and spam it. You have to be within range of it for the /cor command to work.

Many of us make a /cor hotkey. I like to make a hotkey set where /cor is bound to a movement key so I can automatically drag a corpse while running. You can also just spam your /cor button with one hand while you move with the other.

/cor will work great if you're within range of the corpse, but looking the wrong way...or the corpse is on the other side of a tree...or it's in a trench and you're not looking down...or you have no night vision...etc.

Guesty07
03-03-2020, 03:10 AM
Always do /loc as soon as you sre in danger. The you will know EXACTLY where your corpse is, it may just take some time finding it depending how good you are at using coordinates.

loramin
03-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Good stuff here, but y'all have missed the real pro tip: you don't have to ...

Always do /loc as soon as you sre in danger.

... if you bind a key (eg. "aswd" or an arrow key) to one of your hotkeys, and then put your loc/sense heading macro in that hotkey slot.

Now granted, this is less doable on Green, as it means having only 5 hotkey slots instead of 6, but if you're a caster who uses ALT + number to cast, it's very possible you can spare a slot.

Once you do this, you'll never have to even think about pressing loc before dying: the moment you are close you just veer right/left slightly (for 1ms), and doing so will log your loc. Even if you completely forget, you'll still have a loc from a few feet away (whenever you last turned left/right), which is almost always close enough to your corpse to find it.