PDA

View Full Version : Logging in from unfamiliar places...

Madae
02-22-2020, 07:34 PM
Just curious if this might be an issue. Currently, I play at home and sometimes from where I work, and I haven't had any issues with that, but I'll be going on a business trip tomorrow and might be logging in from several different locations just to pass the time. Is this something I should be worried about? Like IP/Account tracking that might get me in trouble?

Vallaen
02-22-2020, 07:49 PM
no

Madae
02-22-2020, 07:54 PM
no

Just read some reddit posts that said they had logged in from several different IP's before and got banned, but maybe that was just VPN use?

Videri
02-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Just read some reddit posts that said they had logged in from several different IP's before and got banned, but maybe that was just VPN use?

I'd guess that ban would have been due to some other reason, such as boxing; not due to logging in from varying locations or using a VPN. Close friends even share accounts sometimes and don't get banned (as long as they don't 2-box).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P99 Reddit the place where banned people go to talk trash?

Vallaen
02-22-2020, 08:57 PM
You are allowed to use VPNs and normally a VPN fixes login issues.

Madae
02-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P99 Reddit the place where banned people go to talk trash?

I dunno. Usually when I have a question about p99, I just google it and get various things to read about it, mostly reddit comes up.