PDA

View Full Version : Null

JayDee
04-28-2011, 03:18 PM
should be at the helm of this project if he so chooses. Vztz was never as healthy as it was under his rule. He would hop into vent and discuss shit with guilds and he continuously developing shit that was both fun and memorable (Rile event) and he was about as fair as they come (can't say that about any other GM in box history).

/Cheers

Fourthmeal
04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I believe he is

Smedy
04-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Way to be behind like a month, we hyped up Null Jesus of the PVP to rogean about a month ago, but all praises are welcome to the master of the pvp universe null hero of all red pvp beings on planet earth

Pudge
04-28-2011, 06:03 PM
i agree.. null will be likely to ensure all the little things get taken care of as they should be.. FFA (not teams), /who, FFA zones (where level 1s can be attacked), bindable zones, global yellow, resists.. all issues will be better judged with input from past leaders of the box.

Envious
04-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Null was the best of the worst by far.

Pudge, why does it not seem like you want a classic EQ PvP server? Arent there already custom box's you can go log on?

wehrmacht
04-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Only problem I have with Null is that he wants to allow every spell in the game to work in PvP even with 200MR. Stuff like whirl till you hurl, blind, 8 second long stuns, enchanters debuffing you for a 100+ strength so you can't even move and if you have 0 channeling skill (a melee), you can't pumice it as the pet attacks you, all kinds of ridiculous stuff that shouldn't be in the game that turns the server into caster's paradise.

Bombfist
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I also hate null for all of the listening he won't do to people who want lists of spells removing from the game.

wehrmacht
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, if you want to have the same rule set (FFA instead of teams) and same resist system as TZVZ, prepare to also have the same population numbers instead of a successful server.

Lasher
04-28-2011, 11:50 PM
O/U on werhmacht's qq goodbye thread?

Knuckle
04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Lols

Castle
04-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Stuff like whirl till you hurl, blind, 8 second long stuns, enchanters debuffing you for a 100+ strength so you can't even move and if you have 0 channeling skill (a melee), you can't pumice it as the pet attacks you, all kinds of ridiculous stuff that shouldn't be in the game that turns the server into caster's paradise.

No worries bro... just root.

Pudge
04-29-2011, 12:09 AM
resists were actually very well done on vztz imo. the only thing we needed was a little less full resists on nukes, and some low-damage partials in their place.

i dont know how you can say it was a caster's paradise... melee raped casters as long as they had some resists. and resists were not hard to come by

Doors
04-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Only problem I have with Null is that he wants to allow every spell in the game to work in PvP even with 200MR. Stuff like whirl till you hurl, blind, 8 second long stuns, enchanters debuffing you for a 100+ strength so you can't even move and if you have 0 channeling skill (a melee), you can't pumice it as the pet attacks you, all kinds of ridiculous stuff that shouldn't be in the game that turns the server into caster's paradise.

I never saw a problem with any of those spells. Maybe you should get good.

Pudge
04-29-2011, 01:16 AM
I never saw a problem with any of those spells. Maybe you should get good.

ooo whermacht just got told by DOORS

lol

(ps i dont hate you whermacht. but, doors just told you to get real)

mimixownzall
04-29-2011, 02:28 AM
They are going to be as classic as they can.

This means no root, snare, stuns if you have over 100mr.

Which is the way it should be when you're talkin about snares that last 4 minutes or so.

Tombom
04-29-2011, 03:02 AM

Which is the way it should be when you're talkin about snares that last 4 minutes or so.

CANCEL. MAGIC?

Null
04-29-2011, 03:21 AM

The titanium client has a "feature" which limits movement impairing effects to 5 ticks in PvP. So without mods to the Everquest client you wont be getting 4 minute Snares no matter what resist system ends up on the server.

mimixownzall
04-29-2011, 04:29 AM
So since it's a client side thing, it can't be changed to classic?

Null
04-29-2011, 05:46 AM
afaik yes.

wehrmacht
04-29-2011, 05:50 AM

It's not going to be anywhere near classic PvP if Null is doing it, it's about as far away from it as you can get. The only adjustment needed that differs from EQ live is to make direct damage spells land a little easier. Why change anything else???

90% of my time spent while playing ranger was spamming the root button in between swings of a 2h against any caster I could find while they spam root back at me trying to get away.

When you and the person you're fighting both cast root 50 times in one fight, it doesn't feel like you're playing EQ PvP. It feels like you're participating in the pre-alpha version of some poorly thought out shovelware game.

I'm fast at rooting and dispelling so it doesn't really affect me in a 1vs1. I get more kills under this system since immobile casters are pretty easy to kill. It just makes the game feel like an annoying chore instead of fun to play when you're doing nothing but spamming root on someone else or casting dispel on yourself to get rid of it all day long.

Original EQ PvP felt more like Quake 3 rocket arena where everyone is constantly moving and attacking instead of this retard fest where people do nothing but spam CC spells. I'm talking pre-kunark TZVZ btw.

Smedy
04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
dark lord null of the evil root empire

Foxx
04-29-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm fast at rooting

whats that exactly mean pal.. do u click ur spell gem faster than the next guy?

Crazycloud
04-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Hey Null, since snare can't last its full duration in pvp, is it possible for it to override sow/jboots?

Castle
04-29-2011, 12:13 PM
whats that exactly mean pal.. do u click ur spell gem faster than the next guy? ^^^

Bro, please share your secret, I always tried hitting the root button faster and more intensely and I just haven't got it right yet :-/

Knuckle
04-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Big shadowknight knuckle overwriting your sow with darkness, darkness everybody darkness

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/images/pics/chappelle1.jpg

wehrmacht
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Big shadowknight knuckle overwriting your sow with darkness, darkness everybody darkness

Big Knuckle rolling a troll SK and eating a 60% xp penalty and being level 20 getting raped by level 50's.

I really hope that's not a feature of this server, classes like paladin will go from low to 0 and who the fuck would play a troll sk???

JayDee
04-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Pallys were powerful as fuck with their modified mana pools and stuns that actually landed (neither were true to live). Not to mention the dmg all melees were doing which was like 5x what it was on live.

Everyone started rolling one when they eventually caught on.

aka The fuck you talkin bout nig

JayDee
04-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Ogre/Troll Sks will always be the most popular choice amongst hardcore pvp'ers. As the alternative is not having regen or frontal stun immunity :p

Knuckle
04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Ogre/Troll Sks will always be the most popular choice amongst hardcore pvp'ers. As the alternative is not having regen or frontal stun immunity :p

Or slam =/
I wonder how much different the mana pool will be between the races, and how stats will work. Time to start experimenting on p99. I really want human SK but I think no spell interrupt is gonna fuck me. FUCK.

Jigga
04-29-2011, 10:22 PM
The only adjustment needed that differs from EQ live is to make direct damage spells land a little easier. Why change anything else???

Big Knuckle rolling a troll SK and eating a 60% xp penalty and being level 20 getting raped by level 50's.

I really hope that's not a feature of this server, classes like paladin will go from low to 0 and who the fuck would play a troll sk???

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

Macken
04-30-2011, 12:14 AM

Another 100% immunity to magic spells at 100+mr noob.

wehrmacht
04-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Another 100% immunity to magic spells at 100+mr noob.

Stop spamming the msg board with your retardedness when you never even played before PoP. I can post like 100 quotes from people that say root had lower than 5% chance of landing with 120MR pre-lucllin. Pretty sure spells like darkness also had a double resist check, one for damage and one for the snare component too so those would land even less. Same thing with dots that had an initial damage component + dot.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9489/unled2sx.jpg

Koota
04-30-2011, 01:03 AM
You gonna keep posting the same screenshot over and over? Your 100 quotes are nothing more than a dozen, at best. And they are doing the same thing everyone else is doing. "Remembering". Which ironically, is no more correct than anyone else's "remembering".

Jigga
04-30-2011, 01:06 AM
root landed on 100 mr

anyone fell free to quote me for future arguements

wehrmacht
04-30-2011, 01:40 AM
You gonna keep posting the same screenshot over and over? Your 100 quotes are nothing more than a dozen, at best. And they are doing the same thing everyone else is doing. "Remembering". Which ironically, is no more correct than anyone else's "remembering".

There is no "remembering" about it. I played a pure melee class and if CC spells and 10 minute duration ensnares landed on me with a resist item in every slot, I would have either quit or re-rolled to a different class.

You could get an ensnare to land about 1 out of 50 or 100 casts so the resist rate was probably capped somewhere between 95-99%.

People also complained all the time on the boards about how SK's were overpowered (pre-luclin). They would complain about HT or Lifetap, never once did you see someone complain about being snared by an SK because the spell never landed on people wearing resist gear.

How often did you see paladins and rangers spamming the root spell in between swings of a 2h, pre-luclin on SZ? Zero

How often do you see that on TZVZ? Every 5 minutes

You claim to have been a guide on SZ and didn't even play so whatever you post isn't even based on experience but just random speculation. You have no credibility.

Go post the question the question on a message board for one of the guilds that actually played there during this era and is still around and they'll say the exact same thing I did:

http://www.darkenbane.com

http://www.scarybadguys.com (same people as above)

Here, I already did it for you:

"the only resist that had a huge failure rate was magic school spells but since those were all of the roots, snares, mez, fear, charm, blind, gravity flux etc that would shitcan most players in pvp if they landed and were fighting anyone decent i found that acceptable."

Arclyte
04-30-2011, 01:49 AM
I like the term "shitcan"

Macken
04-30-2011, 03:46 AM
http://www.vexthal.com/rainmanlol.jpg

Macken
04-30-2011, 04:35 AM

He's too challenged to figure out that Crazycloud is even saying he got snared with 100mr. He's actually using that quote thinking it's saying something that it isn't. Jozz has an out because he used the word "basically". Neither is saying that root was resisted 100% of the time, always, without fail with 100 mr, which is wormoct's presidential platform. He's running on it.

Wormoct is mentally challenged, and i don't mean that as a put down. I mean it literally. He is confused so much and for so long on so many topics, it can only mean one thing.

He poopsocked to one of the first level 60's on SZ and griefed everyone for 45 days. Then they all caught up in level and root started landing and he quit because he couldn't stand:

1. the grief
2. the competition
3. the root

His SZ experience lasted about 45 days and he was gone by mid summer. He has been deluded for 10 years thinking that:

1. he was a major player
2. ruin was a major guild
3. he was a pvp god
4. root didn't land...ever
5. he used to kill level 5's
6. he played kunark on SZ
7. taking on 15 level 6's = he could solo pvp guilds
8. Griefing Greenie Glory = practical pvp knowledge 10 years later
9 people should listen to him because he was there and saw it all go down
10. SZ ended July 2001
11 his real name is Joseph Goebbles and if he keeps repeating it, they will believe

Macken
04-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Here is a post after SZ had been out 5 months and wormoct was long gone. I especially like how the poster's complaints corroborate what i said about los casting and targeting people zone wide.

If only wormoct could remember acurately. If only he would have played much. If only he hadn't made extreme claims. If only he hadn't made statements that could be proven wrong with 9 yr old posts. If only everyone else didn't remember.

Broken or poorly designed aspects and strategies in pvp
Posted: 10-30-01, 10:23 PM #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is meant to provide a list of the ways in which pvp is messed up and suggest solutions. Its from a rogues perspective so I'm sure there are problems from the casters classes too that I'm not as aware of.

Charm poofing pets. Currently any charm cast on a player pet will get the message that this npc can't be effected but when it wears off the pet poofs. As a result of this the classes that depend on pets. Mages and Necros lose them when fighting any class that can charm but especially bards since their charm lasts only seconds.

Solution-Its a bug figure it out and fix it.

Pet kiting. This is where a pet class runs around in a circle with their pet on a melee who can't hit back because of the melee range bug. This is extremely lame since the melee has no chance ot hit back.

Solution-Either fix the melee range bug so that melees can hit moving targets or give pets a large % penalty to all damage done to moving players. The same one that exists for the melees.

/Pet Attack Name /Assist. This trick allows pet classes to target players from afar. Vs other casters it gives you the ability to always land the first blow even if your not smart enough to actually find and target the person. Vs melees it allows you to kill or hurt the melee without ever comming into view because you can simply target them and spam a spell till they walk into range which is more troublesome as it is very unfair to the melee.

Solution-add a new response if the person being targeted with /pet attack name is not close to the pet in question AND in sight. The pet should say I cannot see him/her master. In order for this not to ruin coh /invite name should be made a valid command so you can invite people from anywhere in the zone.

Casting through walls. Again the melee is denied the chance to fight back. This is not fair and is very poor design and not helped by the fact that the pet attack name assist trick exists.

Solution- Ever noticed you can't nuke an npc through a wall or ceiling? Thats because it uses code to prevent casting on npcs not in line of sight. This same code could protect players without limiting the use of heals and buffs to los.

Hill bugs. Sucks to have someone run up a hil and disapear then start nuking enough said I think.

Solution-Its a bug fix it!

tldr: wormoct lost again

lethdar
04-30-2011, 05:22 AM
Was wondering when one of you guys would find those threads, i noticed you left out the parts not supporting your views on resist rates!

Macken
04-30-2011, 05:41 AM
In my opinion the compromise they settled on is the best solution. Los check at beginning only, with no penalties such as less damage if not in los on spell landing.

I believe a spell penalty for not having end of cast los is an unwarranted pressure against picking an already weak arche type: intelligence caster.

I also believe wormoct's idea of EQ is him running after int casters, with them always running away with no hope of fighting back. No hope of ever landing a spell in a dungeon etc...They are to obviously take the place of the greenies he used to kill by the 1000's.

Sometimes to check if it's even, you have to put the shoe on the other foot. Double los check makes melee virtually invulnerable in some zones. Imagine if in some zones casters where virtually invulnerable.

Any partial nerf would be partially guilty of the above.

Macken
04-30-2011, 06:01 AM
Was wondering when one of you guys would find those threads, i noticed you left out the parts not supporting your views on resist rates!

I stopped reading after i saw those two complaints corroborating you could cast through walls even through velious and into Luclin and target others zone wide as well.

Do post as i lost my way back there.

wehrmacht
04-30-2011, 06:25 AM
He's too challenged to figure out that Crazycloud is even saying he got snared with 100mr.

Because just like I already mentioned in my post, it had something like a 1 out of 50 chance of landing on someone with 120MR. Sure it could land but the chances were like winning the lottery.

Hey look, it's the fucking August 11, 2004 patch notes:

- Spells now have a minimum chance of landing of 5%, up from 2%.

What do you know? I was exactly right and Macken is wrong as usual. My post said there was probably a resist cap of 95-99% and it was 98% during this era.

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=2295

Aenor
04-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Go post the question the question on a message board for one of the guilds that actually played there during this era and is still around and they'll say the exact same thing I did:

http://www.darkenbane.com

And while you're there, ask them which MQ build they used to win the Discord Server. Mad credibility.

Macken
04-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Because just like I already mentioned in my post, it had something like a 1 out of 50 chance of landing on someone with 120MR. Sure it could land but the chances were like winning the lottery.

Hey look, it's the fucking August 11, 2004 patch notes:

- Spells now have a minimum chance of landing of 5%, up from 2%.

What do you know? I was exactly right and Macken is wrong as usual. All my posts say there was 100% resistance to 100 mr.

Too late. You have been quoted over and over saying otherwise. Proof readily available all over these forums.

Macken is right. wormoct wrong again.

Proven by macken, wormoct, lethdar, and about 50 other posters. ( i still can't believe you post stuff that contradicts your very own words and you are too dumb to know it).

Lies will only make you look more stupid if possible.

Macken
04-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Good god, this little kid named Macken made like 10 posts in 3 seconds crying in every one of them. Everyone knows to land a spell on EQ live, there was a line of sight check at the begging and at the end of your cast. You just made up that lie out of thin air saying there was only one LOS check. It was changed to one LOS check for TZVZ only.

Heres another one of your asinine quotes that you will be denying in a few days when the heat gets too hot for you again on these forums.

Macken
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Nobody landed shit on me with just 120mr and 120FR during Kunark and Velious.

Heres a 2 fer.

You get caught claiming 100% immunity while simultaneously implying once again that you played SZ during Kunark.

Macken
04-30-2011, 04:19 PM
All I know is that when Velious was the latest expansion, if you ran behind a wall before a caster finished a spell, it wouldn't go off. Anyone claiming otherwise is just a plain idiot or a liar.

It's pretty easy to remember if you could run behind a wall to avoid spells or not seeing as how I did it probably 1000 times. Eventually a non-Heresy moron will post in the thread and confirm running behind walls to break line of sight stopped spells.

HAHAHAHA SO SORRY. Looks like Macken is wrong once again. Yes, the second line of sight check was eventually removed on EQ live but it wasn't until later expansions. Day 1 of Sullon Zek, Line of sight worked exactly as mentioned below:

Sorry to break up you guy's festival of idiots concerning Line of Sigh Checks, but once again Wehrmacht is right and Macken is wrong. Confirmed by Null himself, as well as about 10 other people. Unless the server is supposed to emulate Everquest 1 month before Planes of Power release, then it should have 2 LoS checks:

It wasn't a question of balance. He was stating that during this time period, there was only 1 LoS check. He was obviously wrong as usual. I pulled up that null post and made him look retarded, hence why he briefly stopped spamming the forum with jibberish.

It's actually very easy to understand what he means. He said it pretty clearly, that during classic, two LOS checks existed which is why it's like that and it wasn't changed till PoP. I used walls to avoid LOS check on spells the entire time from level 1-60 on SZ so it matches exactly what I experienced.

And thats just in my 15 minute warm-up.

Wait till the game starts.

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 03:36 AM
Jesus christ, can you take some fucking anti-psychotic medication? Make one post instead of 10 in a row replying to yourself.

Lethdar already debunked your bullshit claims about magic resist in this thread:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35253

Then Null and others already debunked your stupid claims about LOS:

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1710/unled11i.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8040/asdfif.jpg

You used a fucking pet exploit to nuke people through walls. Nobody gives a shit.

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I don't know what null's current opinion on it is. The context of the post is that we were talking about pre-luclin line of sight checks and Macken was claiming spells on SZ required 0 line of sight checks because he could use a pet exploit to nuke people through walls.

I searched for "line of sight" on TZVZ boards and get an avalanche of people claiming that walls and water did block spells.

The patch notes in Null's post are saying a line of sight check existed when the server launched (because SZ was released before that patch) yet other people say there wasn't one in game so if it was temporarily like that, it was obviously a temporary mistake they made then corrected it.

Next we have a post by Xebeken claiming that when they did correct it, they added a double line of sight check. Macken claimed there never was a double line of sight check, obviously this is wrong. The double line of sight check was still there until the day I stopped playing which was right before Luclin came out. So Velious did in fact end with not one, but two line of sight checks, and all this talk of zero line of sight checks on Sullon Zek was just some accident they made for like a week or something.

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/1130/unledwe.jpg

Macken
05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't know what null's current opinion on it is. The context of the post is that we were talking about pre-luclin line of sight checks and Macken was claiming spells on SZ required 0 line of sight checks because he could use a pet exploit to nuke people through walls.

I searched for "line of sight" on TZVZ boards and get an avalanche of people claiming that walls and water did block spells.

The patch notes in Null's post are saying a line of sight check existed when the server launched (because SZ was released before that patch) yet other people say there wasn't one in game so if it was temporarily like that, it was obviously a temporary mistake they made then corrected it.

Next we have a post by Xebeken claiming that when they did correct it, they added a double line of sight check. Macken claimed there never was a double line of sight check, obviously this is wrong. The double line of sight check was still there until the day I stopped playing which was right before Luclin came out. So Velious did in fact end with not one, but two line of sight checks, and all this talk of zero line of sight checks on Sullon Zek was just some accident they made for like a week or something.

Liar.

I've said more than once they had a double los check for about a week or so and changed it back because even though they weren't smart enough to know it was a bad idea before they did it. They were smart enough to know after they did it. Roughly half of SZ's time was with no los check of any kind. The other half was with 1 los check at beginning. Your time on SZ was nothing but 0, zero or no checks at all. Period. That's reason #123098023 that you are a known idiot.

You come to these boards making extreme absolute claims, get proven wrong over and over, refuse to admit it, become hell bent on being crowned the absolute Moron on High and continue bull-headed making a fool of yourself while trying to dig up posts from fans trying to tell Jordan how to play basketball.

The worst part of it is, you are too dumb to see the LULZ in all of it.

Everyone thinks you are an idiot.

Almost literally everyone bro.

You should look in the mirror and take stock of your life.

You digging up posts from fans trying to tell Jordan how to play basketball does have good comedic value though.

Foxx
05-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Everyone thinks you are an idiot.

qft

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Lol look how mad Macken is. I post a link to his little butt buddy Xebeken talking about there being 2 LOS checks and he starts raging and trying to change his story. It was like that till the end of velious, the 0 LOS thing was a temporary mistake they made. So sorry for you.

And omg, plz don't insult me by saying "everyone from TZVZ thinks I"m an idiot". I really care about what the most useless human demographic on earth thinks (ie: 30 heresy members that made up 90% of the server population).

Can we discuss Vigg and Rodney's distaste for my preference in architecture next? Don't know how I could sleep at night without rectifying that situation.

minakto
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
wehr you appear madder. Dont toss stones, they ricochet and hit you in the skull

Smedy
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Walls of text

Also this thread was derailed horribly, can we get back praising null and his jesus like pvp coding skills?

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM
wehr you appear madder. Dont toss stones, they ricochet and hit you in the skull

If I appear "madder", you haven't looked at one of the threads where I make 1 post and macken makes 12 replies in a row to that one post...he's full blown psychotic.

Macken
05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Lol look how mad Macken is. I post a link to his little butt buddy Xebeken talking about there being 2 LOS checks and he starts raging and trying to change his story. It was like that till the end of velious, the 0 LOS thing was a temporary mistake they made. So sorry for you.

And omg, plz don't insult me by saying "everyone from TZVZ thinks I"m an idiot". I really care about what the most useless human demographic on earth thinks (ie: 30 heresy members that made up 90% of the server population).

Can we discuss Vigg and Rodney's distaste for my preference in architecture next? Don't know how I could sleep at night without rectifying that situation.

Sorry bro.

You are the only one trying to change your story, now that even you know im right. And im not going to let you. Im going to keep driving the point home using your own words against you.

Again, your lack of details is what's getting you tripped up. I never said "everyone from vztz" i said "everyone". You can't be coming in the lane with that slow lame shot. I'll throw it into the stands each time.

Seems like everyone interspersing "wormoct is an idiot" comments in between our back and forth would clue you in. There is just and overwhelming amount of clues that ALL point to you being an idiot. Even the most casual observers have already picked up on this fact.

It's ok bro. It really doesn't matter. It's just a game. The fact that you are almost always wrong about everything really doesn't matter in the big picture.

Now idiocy and morony? That could stick with you for quite some time or forever. You probably want to get that checked out.

Macken
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
If I appear "madder", you haven't looked at one of the threads where I make 1 post and macken makes 12 replies in a row to that one post...he's full blown psychotic.

Amassing a mountain of evidence and presenting it one at a time = rage to worm.

minakto
05-01-2011, 01:03 PM
ricochet

wehrmacht
05-01-2011, 02:34 PM
This thread tag someone made is about right: lol@40playersmax

I'm too tired of dealing with Macken and other retards that want 0 LOS checks, FFA rule set just like TZVZ, and spells like blind, whirl till you hurl, and root to actually function in level 60 pvp.

From now on, I'm going to help lobby for your cause and ask for all of those spells to land 100% of the time plus FFA rule set and we can see how terrible of a server with the lowest possible population can be created. No, I'm not even kidding, I really want you to get all your wishes just so I can log on and type "lol 20 people online".

Already got Null doing the exact same resist system as TZVZ with 30 heresy chanting FFA so we're right on track. I just gotta convince everyone that you're gay if you don't want item loot now and we'll be set then get xp loss added for deaths with legal training.

Haul
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Walls of text

Also this thread was derailed horribly, can we get back praising null and his jesus like pvp coding skills?

+1

Macken
05-01-2011, 03:55 PM
This thread tag someone made is about right: lol@40playersmax

I'm too tired of dealing with Macken and other retards that want 0 LOS checks, FFA rule set just like TZVZ, and spells like blind, whirl till you hurl, and root to actually function in level 60 pvp.

From now on, I'm going to help lobby for your cause and ask for all of those spells to land 100% of the time plus FFA rule set and we can see how terrible of a server with the lowest possible population can be created. No, I'm not even kidding, I really want you to get all your wishes just so I can log on and type "lol 20 people online".

Already got Null doing the exact same resist system as TZVZ with 30 heresy chanting FFA so we're right on track. I just gotta convince everyone that you're gay if you don't want item loot now and we'll be set then get xp loss added for deaths with legal training.

I think it's a little clearer why you appear to be impervious to logic. You weren't being rational because you were trying to mold the server into what you want. You have an emotional stake, because you want the server to be a place that you can play the class you want and compete.

I understand. Now listen close bro cause this is what you've been missing.

I havn't advocated much. Especially the things you say i have. I have only merely stepped in and pointed out where you were factually wrong in statements you made about how it used to be, nothing more. If you think that means i'm advocating the opposite, you are confused.

The only things i have advocated, are the statements i have made advocating them. Do not try and put words in my mouth.

I accept your capitulation because you are tired. Your kneeling before the SZ Sensei is an acceptable form of penitence. I am as gracious as i am kind. You may join my court and enjoy its bounty. I might suggest applying for jester.

Giddian
05-01-2011, 06:44 PM
He is spot on Macken whether you want to admit it or not and I might pop in from time to time and do the same thing. Enjoy your FFA hackfest server.

JayDee
05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Null banned me for corpse camping funkzate in OOT while he had raid loot rotting in PoF. Even though I knew him and his bitch pretty well from TZ (the female troll beastlord).

The way it should be, though. Gonna need some GM enforcement for this thing to blow and maintain population.

Good to see big Angwe is on board, for your sake.

JayDee
05-01-2011, 07:18 PM
LoS isn't going to scare people off. Neither is adjusting resists so some tactical spells will actually be viable in pvp.

GM activity on this type of server in particular (attracting players who want the edge and resort to hacking/training/exploiting/griefing) is necessary for a healthy server, however ...

Macken
05-01-2011, 07:29 PM
He is spot on Macken whether you want to admit it or not and I might pop in from time to time and do the same thing. Enjoy your FFA hackfest server.

What specifically is he spot on about Giddian?

mimixownzall
05-01-2011, 09:55 PM
No its not true, here is his same screenshot with some context:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7751891/timetravel.jpg (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7751891/timetravel.jpg)

So... I was a month off.

Gee...

Don't get me wrong, I think there should be a LoS check at the beginning of the spell only. It's bad enough that people can run out of range outdoors before most large nukes are finished casting. Indoors would be near impossible to land spells.

mimixownzall
05-01-2011, 09:58 PM
LoS isn't going to scare people off. Neither is adjusting resists so some tactical spells will actually be viable in pvp.

GM activity on this type of server in particular (attracting players who want the edge and resort to hacking/training/exploiting/griefing) is necessary for a healthy server, however ...

Hacking and exploiting only. Same team training if it's a team pvp server.

Griefing? Too many different definitions of griefing out there. Logging off for a while will solve 99% of them.