PDA

View Full Version : WTT EC Trading guild

Eyeke
02-13-2020, 01:22 AM
Hiya
I am looking to start an EC trading guild, for full time vendors, vendor alts and craftspersons who want to work together to keep EC great.

Our goal is to be a trusted source of price checks, item transfers and gear opinions. Selling is secondary to customer service.

Jewelcrafters who don't want to sell? We will provide consignment options
Rather be out raiding? sell at a discount or take advantage of consignment.

This has worked well in the past and our clan on Blue (circa 2011) had tremendous success. We gave back to the community with tons of giveaways .

Here are some old threads from what our old clan was able to do
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86879&page=5

Account trades arent allowed anymore but we used to facilitate a ton of them
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40272

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39755

Hit me up on this thread, in DMs or message Slott in game.

TrevarianX
02-13-2020, 06:17 PM
Would your guild be operating as "resellers" do in EC, by buying up and marking up prices for everyone?

Eyeke
02-13-2020, 07:37 PM
That is certainly not the intention. More so it’s about trying to do consignment work or provide a place where people can sell their items at a quick “dump and go” rate. The items we are selling to date are at or below market value. The key is finding people who don’t want to spend time in EC and selling for them.
Our goal isn’t to get rich, we enjoy the transactions and seeing the ebb and flow of the market.
Hopefully, this service provides a more consistent platform for buyers to be able to find what they need without waiting around for hours. I have a large list of things that people are looking for, if I see them come along I buy and the item is ready when you get back online.
We also enjoy price checking, collecting random things as throw ins on trades that we can then donate back to newbies. I gave away over 1k in items today during my real life work shift. 30-50p items here and there.

Broor
02-13-2020, 07:43 PM
Might be an interesting slant to only deal in items 100p+ to leave some lanes open for noobs. Would also be nice for unguilded players to have a trustworthy Trade Federation to give lowbie items to who can then flip them to noobs in need. You guys could trade bone chips, spiderling silks etc for lowbie sub 100 gear or something

Eyeke
02-13-2020, 07:47 PM
All great ideas. I don’t want to give everything away but the under 100 stuff is perfect for trying to get a new merchant started. Not much skin off my back, empties out my bags, and builds a trust relationship with someone starting out. If I can give them 500p in random stuff to sell they can get their feet under them pretty quick. Teach a man to fish!

We were very successful on blue, a long time ago. I’m definitely against causing monopolies or causing trouble.

Eyeke
02-13-2020, 09:18 PM
The <Trade Federation> has been established, We look forward to caring for your shopping needs. :)

Eyeke
02-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Things are going great with the <Trade Federation>
We have had two successful giveaways of small items, totaling 2500p. These are no purchase necessary giveaways, just roll dice and win!

We will continue to hold giveaways as we collect items and grow members. If you are interested in joining please contact me here or in game (Slott)

Also, If you have items in your bank and just don't want to sit in EC to sell them.. reach out. We offer fair prices, we make our money on volume not by gouging buyers or sellers.

Hagglebaron
02-16-2020, 10:09 PM
Just stopping in to say Eyeke is the same honest, trustworthy member of the community he was for years with me on Blue in our old Trade Federation guild. He knows his shit and he's really just a great guy.

If you don't have the patience for the tunnel hit him up.

Also have to say it's awesome seeing you carry on the giveaways and such, that was always my favorite part of our guild on Blue :)

straywolf
02-17-2020, 01:42 AM
I just wanted to drop in and say that I just used Eyeke's services in-game. Being a husband, father, and somebody who has a full-time job, I can't just sit in EC for hours on end hoping to sell/buy things.

Thanks for the help Eyeke, I really appreciate it!

Eyeke
02-18-2020, 07:30 PM
Finishing our first week and the guild is growing strong. Lots of repeat customers and many people are using us for consignments or personal shopping lists. Message me here or in game and I will help you find whatever you are looking for!

Eyeke
02-25-2020, 04:22 PM
The guild is still going strong, Thanks to all the people who are using us for consignments and personal shoppers. Really appreciate the business!