PDA

View Full Version : Do you loose exp on Drowning?

Pootle
02-12-2020, 10:38 AM
So, as there is always something to learn in EQ no matter how long you have played... I wish to ask the following.

If i drown my character, will i loose exp?
(obviously when not on any mob/npc agro list)

Thanks all.

Allishia
02-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Yes you will lose xp when drowning.

Benanov
02-12-2020, 11:02 AM
The only time you don't lose XP is in duels / pvp or if you're under level 5.

Death is bad. Always inflict it, never suffer it.

Pootle
02-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Thanks Guys!

stebbins99
02-12-2020, 12:05 PM
The only time you don't lose XP is in duels / pvp or if you're under level 5.

Death is bad. Always inflict it, never suffer it.

Anyone know what happens if you are dueling someone and a mob jumps in and starts attacking you? As long as the player delivers the finishing blow, is "exp loss" mitigated?

Here's the situation I'm thinking of:

Your group is down in a dungeon and about to wipe. As a mob is beating on you, your comrade challenges you to a duel. You accept and he nukes-down your final 15% of health. While everyone died, you did so without losing exp thanks to the quick-thinking duel proposition.

Anyone tried this or know how the mechanics work?

Videri
02-12-2020, 02:31 PM
Yes. If you /duel and the player lands the killing blow, you will not suffer exp loss.

However, corpses from pvp death have a rez timer of 6 or 7 minutes (it’s been a while).

Benanov
02-13-2020, 08:26 PM
Yes. If you /duel and the player lands the killing blow, you will not suffer exp loss.

However, corpses from pvp death have a rez timer of 6 or 7 minutes (it’s been a while).

That and you come back 0 mana.

Bardp1999
02-17-2020, 10:00 PM
The only straight-up avoiding XP lose is PVP death, but as mentioned you have 6 minutes before becoming unrezable. This is heavily exploited in places in like Veeshans Peak in order to work around the zoning regulations (Die in VP, die at your bind, rez into VP to loot body, rez back out to your body that is not locked in dragon hell).

90% cleric epic rezes are always your best friend

Whirled
02-18-2020, 08:59 AM
Used to be able to drown on Red server with no loss. Unsure if that changed.

eqravenprince
02-20-2020, 03:39 PM

I use to /duel and lose every night before logging with my Monk that had several Magician 100% WR summoned bags. Then looting corpse the next day. Just realized you said rez timer, oh well, corpse remains though without the exp loss, plus some may not know this trick to not lose no rent gear.