PDA

View Full Version : /Pet Attack not working properly

dephective
02-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Starting playing a necro alt. Since day one, /pet attack macro has attacked random nearby mobs instead of the targeted mob. This is more than 80% of the time. I have tried /pet attack %T, which doesn't function at all. Going back to /pet attack is the only way, aside from being hit, to get my pet to enter combat. I cannot figure out a solution for this, and its making the class unplayable. I have zoned, re-summoned pet, logged, etc. I have talked to other people playing pet classes in game and nobody seems to have experienced it. As you can imagine, its quite unsettling when trying to break a camp, only to have your pet start attacking a mob 30yrds away in a completely different direction from your targeted mob, or worse, wandering around Guk where you lose sight of your pet only to be greeted by 5 angry red cons.

I opened a petition, but I imagine that wouldn't get a response in a timely manner. I am extremely frustrated, and have resorted to playing other classes that I have less interest in playing. Is this something that can be fixed with game file?

Edit: playing on Green, if that makes any difference.

ldgmo
02-08-2020, 10:50 PM
I am so glad I'm not going crazy. I am having the exact same issue. I took a couple screenshots as well when i came here to post something about it and found your post!

https://imgur.com/bMkrJTz

ldgmo
02-08-2020, 10:55 PM
https://imgur.com/bMkrJTz

Okay screenshot not working heh

Argh
02-08-2020, 11:04 PM
This is a stupid guess on my part but have you tried %t instead of %T. Using capital %T has broke some of my macros before.

ldgmo
02-08-2020, 11:06 PM
This is a stupid guess on my part but have you tried %t instead of %T. Using capital %T has broke some of my macros before.

is there a specific pet attack macro that is known to work best? If so ill copy it and report back. because /pet attack %t does nothing, no response from pet at all.

Grimgor
02-09-2020, 01:15 PM
It's just /pet attack

%t is for putting name of target into a macro that says something.

If you want it to attack a mob you don't have target you have to do /pet attack name

ldgo86
02-09-2020, 01:23 PM
It's just /pet attack

%t is for putting name of target into a macro that says something.

If you want it to attack a mob you don't have target you have to do /pet attack name

Okay so as OP said, /pet attack works as long as no other mobs are near me. If something paths closer to me than the intended target for the pet, the pet will attack the closer mob. But sometimes it will not respond at all, sometimes it will attempt to attack a mob half a zone away like my screenshot of my targetted bandit but the pet responds will attacking chief goonda.

dephective
02-09-2020, 04:15 PM
I am sorry to hear that others are suffering from the same fate, but I am also relieved that I am not the only one dealing with this issue.

Anyone have a solution?

dephective
02-09-2020, 04:18 PM
Okay so as OP said, /pet attack works as long as no other mobs are near me. If something paths closer to me than the intended target for the pet, the pet will attack the closer mob. But sometimes it will not respond at all, sometimes it will attempt to attack a mob half a zone away like my screenshot of my targetted bandit but the pet responds will attacking chief goonda.

This is exactly the situation I am having.

ldgo86
02-13-2020, 12:41 PM
This is exactly the situation I am having.

Have you tried a complete re-install? I’m going to try that today

Pretzelle
02-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Is there social agro on your pet from the mobs around the one you're intending to attack? It'll taunt first and if there's one near that's on the same faction it'll hit first and then your pet will be attacking that, regardless of which one you wish for it to attack.

dephective
02-13-2020, 02:26 PM
Have you tried a complete re-install? I’m going to try that today
I play on a home PC and my office laptop. Two installs that happened at separate times. Happens on both computers. There's a chance it could the the install files, and I will do a fresh install, but I doubt that is the issue.

Is there social agro on your pet from the mobs around the one you're intending to attack? It'll taunt first and if there's one near that's on the same faction it'll hit first and then your pet will be attacking that, regardless of which one you wish for it to attack.

This is not the same thing that is occurring. For example, if in West Commonlands I have a Cutthroat Dervish targeted, and hit /pet attack, my pet will attack a snake or bear that wanders anywhere near the camp, sometimes up to 30-40yrds away in the opposite direction of my targeted mob. Those two mobs are not social, and I wasn't even engaged in combat yet.

Skunkranger
02-13-2020, 02:45 PM
I've had the nearly exact same issue with my mage pets. In North Ro I would target a sand scarab or derv and my pet would take off in another direction and attack the nearest rattle snake every time during that session.

Or in West karana killing bandits my pet would try to attack an Ogre shaman no matter what I targeted and /pet attack. I tried zoning, recasting pets, moving far away from an Ogre shaman and still pet would always say "attacking an ogre shaman" when I /pet attack. Only logging all the way out and back in would temporarily solve the problem. Or maybe someone killed the shaman, I didn't think to /shout and ask atm.

mcoy
02-13-2020, 03:24 PM
Is there a space or something after your "/pet attack" command? I'm currently playing a mage and have never seen my pet attack something other than what I asked it to (except in the instances described above where something else socials etc).

-Mcoy

ldgo86
02-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Is there a space or something after your "/pet attack" command? I'm currently playing a mage and have never seen my pet attack something other than what I asked it to (except in the instances described above where something else socials etc).

-Mcoy

I have tried every imaginable alteration of /pet attack. If I try to use %t the macro stops working totally. No space after etc has changed anything. This is such a bizarre problem, in 3+ years of P99 I have never had such an issue.

The only thing I can think of is that a change was made behind the scenes and messed something up. I played a Mage at the start of Green and didn’t have this problem. It wasn’t until I started a Necro did I notice the issue.

ldgo86
02-13-2020, 04:35 PM
I've had the nearly exact same issue with my mage pets. In North Ro I would target a sand scarab or derv and my pet would take off in another direction and attack the nearest rattle snake every time during that session.

Or in West karana killing bandits my pet would try to attack an Ogre shaman no matter what I targeted and /pet attack. I tried zoning, recasting pets, moving far away from an Ogre shaman and still pet would always say "attacking an ogre shaman" when I /pet attack. Only logging all the way out and back in would temporarily solve the problem. Or maybe someone killed the shaman, I didn't think to /shout and ask atm.

Haha! Currently in WK and my pet refuses to attack a target (until I get hit) and only responds with “Attacking Chief Goonda, Master”

ldgmo
02-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Full re-install didn't change the problem here. Right now I can work with it, just clumsily. I wouldn't dare go into any dungeon however, thats outright asking to train and die.

cd288
03-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Strange I have not had this issue, granted I'm using Charmed pets when I play an Enchanter so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll revert back if I run into the issue.

BlackBellamy
03-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Change your pet attack macro to:

/pet back
/pet attack

See if that helps. This should clear your previous target and attack whatever you have targeted.

ldgo86
03-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Change your pet attack macro to:

/pet back
/pet attack

See if that helps. This should clear your previous target and attack whatever you have targeted.

This seems to have help a lot. I'm still hesitant to go into dungeons, but open world is more manageable.