PDA

View Full Version : Henlo

peburch
02-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Henlo! Me looking for friends, interest include pickle halfling toesies and long walk on swamp beach.

~~

I just joined after hearing about this community from the live servers. I am going to start a troll shadowknight on green and I'm just looking for advice and community in general! I'm a big fan of the big dumb fat races you can play in EQ, they really speak to me on a visceral level.

Will a troll shadowknight be a good option for solo and group content in the current meta? I would like to play either an ogre or a troll, and I'm leaning towards trolls for their stunning physique and elegant schnoz. I don't have a strong opinion on class, which looks like a good thing as there aren't many!

Smellybuttface
02-04-2020, 10:47 PM
Troll SK’s have the highest exp penalty in the game - according to the Wiki, it comes out to 68%. May be a strong combo, but when you group your exp penalty becomes shared amongst your group members. Many groups are hesitant to take anything with that high of a penalty, especially if they already have another hybrid in the group (more hybrids = exp penalty getting compounded).

If you don’t mind soloing, can be an effective class solo. Or group with friends who don’t mind the exp penalty. I’ve been in a number of groups who outright refuse to accept any hybrid, unless as a last resort. I don’t totally agree with that, but it’s not uncommon.

El-Hefe
02-05-2020, 04:15 AM
I gotta disagree with Smellybuttface, tanks are in short supply. You won’t have any trouble finding a group. Nobody gives a shit about XP penalty on the best tank in the game. The only classes I’ve ever see shunned on P99 are Rangers and Wizards.

OuterChimp
02-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Welcome aboard Henlo Smellyfeet!

Kaezyr D`Shiv
02-08-2020, 01:32 AM
Troll SK’s have the highest exp penalty in the game - according to the Wiki, it comes out to 68%. May be a strong combo, but when you group your exp penalty becomes shared amongst your group members. Many groups are hesitant to take anything with that high of a penalty, especially if they already have another hybrid in the group (more hybrids = exp penalty getting compounded).

If you don’t mind soloing, can be an effective class solo. Or group with friends who don’t mind the exp penalty. I’ve been in a number of groups who outright refuse to accept any hybrid, unless as a last resort. I don’t totally agree with that, but it’s not uncommon.

I hope these same groups stick to only inviting memebers within 1-2 levels of them too if they are going to be that petty. Nothing effects exp difference one recieves in a group moreso than level difference.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Experience

"Race/Class combos with no penalty but who are 6 levels higher than you nerf your xp more than the hybrid who is the same level as you in most cases, especially at levels below 30."