PDA

View Full Version : WAITING LIST FOR CAMPS

Imorthan
01-31-2020, 03:29 PM
To be specific Hadden

Do you have to be at the spawn point to be next on the list or can you share the camp among guildys ?

Lumpbump
01-31-2020, 03:59 PM
U can give your camp to who ever you want be it a guildy or not. Its yours to do what u want with. All u have to really do is pertaining to a list for an item camp is if someone asks u have to tell them who's next up if they ask.

Arakash
01-31-2020, 09:58 PM
I took a screenshot of Hadden on green the first day the server opened. I knew I'd probably never see him standing there, so regally and at peace, ever again. Maybe in a few years but I doubt it. People were still camping and fighting over him on blue just last year.

Tecmos Deception
02-01-2020, 05:43 AM
U can give your camp to who ever you want be it a guildy or not. Its yours to do what u want with. All u have to really do is pertaining to a list for an item camp is if someone asks u have to tell them who's next up if they ask.

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

If this is still actually in effect, it could help you deal with someone trying to lock a camp down by passing off to guildies, since they need to be able to name the specific person he'll pass the camp to "immediately" when you ask to be next on the list, or else you get to be next on the list. He also can't change the person who is next, so he can't just name a random guildie who is online and then switch to someone else who is available later.

The thread that post is from has some other details that would change things up depending on interpretation and enforcement, but I've never seen that happening on P99... like "you have to give up a camp after you get the item you want" sort of stuff.

derpcake2
02-01-2020, 06:15 AM
Lists are a great system to bullshit people around with.

It doesn't work and never has.

Same with /list, which is a great measure to ensure only the most unemployed people have a shot at the items involved.

I don't even see why they made the system. It serves no purpose at all.

derpcake2
02-01-2020, 06:16 AM
If this is still actually in effect, it could help you deal with someone trying to lock a camp down by passing off to guildies, since they need to be able to name the specific person he'll pass the camp to "immediately" when you ask to be next on the list, or else you get to be next on the list. He also can't change the person who is next, so he can't just name a random guildie who is online and then switch to someone else who is available later.

The thread that post is from has some other details that would change things up depending on interpretation and enforcement, but I've never seen that happening on P99... like "you have to give up a camp after you get the item you want" sort of stuff.

The answer is always going to be "dave", and when the camp actually gets switched around, "dave" had to go but "joe" was after him.

Nonsensical system and ruling.

Tecmos Deception
02-01-2020, 06:49 AM
The answer is always going to be "dave", and when the camp actually gets switched around, "dave" had to go but "joe" was after him.

Nonsensical system and ruling.

I agree it's a ridiculous rule, but if it is the rule in place here, then what you said is pretty clearly against the spirit of the rule (if nothing else) and would get you slapped around by a GM you tried to lawyer with "well I have this list here of 9 guild members who all asked to be on the list in discord and when I was done I just went down the list until one of them was online. The guy who petitioned you was next on the list but darn, wouldn't you know it, my last guildie waiting was online!"

derpcake2
02-01-2020, 06:56 AM
I agree it's a ridiculous rule, but if it is the rule in place here, then what you said is pretty clearly against the spirit of the rule (if nothing else) and would get you slapped around by a GM you tried to lawyer with "well I have this list here of 9 guild members who all asked to be on the list in discord and when I was done I just went down the list until one of them was online. The guy who petitioned you was next on the list but darn, wouldn't you know it, my last guildie waiting was online!"

Rules that can't be enforced serve no point.

And no, I wouldn't get "slapped" around by a GM.

Dave just had to log, but Joe was also waiting. There is no problem with that argument, and there is no way for a GM to disprove it.

BlackBellamy
02-01-2020, 08:58 AM

Dave just had to log, but Joe was also waiting. There is no problem with that argument, and there is no way for a GM to disprove it.

That's fine but you have to name everyone waiting. So if you say Dave and Joe are waiting, that's fine, but you can't just say oh Joe was also waiting once Dave doesn't show.

cd288
02-04-2020, 10:23 AM

Gonna go ahead most of the staff would roll their eyes at that and say Joe has to give up the camp because you’re just trying to abuse the system. Seen it happen before...they’re not idiots and know what you’re trying to do

cd288
02-04-2020, 10:24 AM
That's fine but you have to name everyone waiting. So if you say Dave and Joe are waiting, that's fine, but you can't just say oh Joe was also waiting once Dave doesn't show.

Yup. You can’t just make people up. If someone shows up and asks who’s on the list you have to tell them and can’t just make up a new person later

Gustoo
02-04-2020, 01:45 PM
gunna go ahead and roll a new toon on red