PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Runed Fighter Staff not war useable

Kazoruuk
04-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I searched but didn't see a bug post on this. Why isn't Runed Fighter Staff warrior useable? http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=545

molay
04-27-2011, 09:37 AM
As far as I know, that item was nerfed after some time to become monk only and p1999 is following the timeline.

Asher
04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
As far as I know, that item was nerfed after some time to become monk only and p1999 is following the timeline.

AFAIK RFS has never been warrior usable on the server. P1999 isn't following the timeline for that item.

Asher

Kazoruuk
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM

On live the item was never nerfed. It just stopped dropping and was replaced with imbued fighter's staff. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3625

Why is p99 not following this item as it originally was? Why do it for just this one item?

Uthgaard
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
You can see pretty clearly that neither of them are warrior usable. Allakhazam pulls from live, not p99. So yes, it was nerfed.

Kazoruuk
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Hmmm, the screenshot of the RFS in the first link says warrior usable, but the Allakhazam description only says monk. I was under the impression that RFS was always war/monk on live and was never changed to monk only. Then it just stopped dropping but was not retro nerfed and imbued fighter staff which is monk only was put in its place?

Rais
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
It was monk/war for like 2 weeks or something, and changed quickly. It was retro nerfed, so Warriors spazed out. Retro as in, monk only even on the ones that dropped pre nerf.

Kazoruuk
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Ah! That makes more sense then! Thanks.

Brinkman
04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Ugh,

The Runed Fighters Staff was both Monk and Warrior useable... for exactly 4 weeks, on live. It was retro nerfed to monk only in the May 25, 2000 patch cut and pasted below.

------------------------------
May 25, 2000 8:00 am

*Patch Day*

Greetings all! The following changes have been implemented on the Live
servers:

The Runed Fighter's Staff, previously useable by Monks and Warriors,
has been restricted to Monks only. The statistics on this staff are
much more powerful than normally allowed for warriors. This change is
retroactive and will be reflected on items currently in inventory.
Though we strive to avoid negatively adjusting items after they have
been earned, this item presented a balance issue, making the change
necessary. We apologize to warriors that currently own this weapon.

End of story. The only thing to add here is ... Why do people claim to know shit they are 100% sure on, and are blatantly wrong. How is this even possible? I mean did you play in 2000 and own one, cause if you did, you would KNOW it was retro nerfed.

Stop wasteing the Gm's time, they could be out fixing something. Take your OWN time and research stuff before you post.

Asher
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Ugh,

The Runed Fighters Staff was both Monk and Warrior useable... for exactly 4 weeks, on live. It was retro nerfed to monk only in the May 25, 2000 patch cut and pasted below.

May 25, 2000 8:00 am

*Patch Day*

Greetings all! The following changes have been implemented on the Live
servers:

The Runed Fighter's Staff, previously useable by Monks and Warriors,
has been restricted to Monks only. The statistics on this staff are
much more powerful than normally allowed for warriors. This change is
retroactive and will be reflected on items currently in inventory.
Though we strive to avoid negatively adjusting items after they have
been earned, this item presented a balance issue, making the change
necessary. We apologize to warriors that currently own this weapon.

End of story. The only thing to add here is ... Why do people claim to know shit they are 100% sure on, and are blatantly wrong. How is this even possible? I mean did you play in 2000 and own one, cause if you did, you would KNOW it was retro nerfed.

Stop wasteing the Gm's time, they could be out fixing something. Take your OWN time and research stuff before you post.

Am I incorrect? Was this item WAR usable on P99 for 4 weeks or whatever GMs feel is the equivilent? If not could we get it WAR usable for that period of time?

Asher