PDA

View Full Version : wiz quad at 29

SewingMachine
01-29-2020, 03:22 PM
Can a wizard quad at 29 or should you just wait until like 34 or so. I have only quad kited with a druid. But I hear the 29 quad snare spell is expensive. Also having problems finding camps to quad around lvl 34+ i see alot of kunark and Vel. camps but not alot of Green friendly camps. Hit me up with some camps you have done if you have quaded.

Shrubwise
01-29-2020, 03:48 PM
If you figure out a way to quad as a wizard without SoW or J-Boots please let me know. I’m a level 45 wizard still rooting and nuking because I haven’t got my Jboots yet.

SewingMachine
01-29-2020, 03:49 PM
If you figure out a way to quad as a wizard without SoW or J-Boots please let me know. I’m a level 45 wizard still rooting and nuking because I haven’t got my Jboots yet.

ouch, i have a 35 shaman making pots at cost.

Christina.
01-29-2020, 08:05 PM

You definitely should be investing some PP into a few 10click sow pots. you'll be able to quad like a beast. 34-50 you can quad Spectres easy. Oasis, feerrott, OoT.

Christina.
01-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Can a wizard quad at 29 or should you just wait until like 34 or so. I have only quad kited with a druid. But I hear the 29 quad snare spell is expensive. Also having problems finding camps to quad around lvl 34+ i see alot of kunark and Vel. camps but not alot of Green friendly camps. Hit me up with some camps you have done if you have quaded.

Group till 34 then quad is easy as wiz.

Fluxxx
01-29-2020, 09:22 PM
Wiz snare is not in game yet on green. Neither is flux staff which helps the quad pulls.

SewingMachine
01-30-2020, 06:02 PM
Wiz snare is not in game yet on green. Neither is flux staff which helps the quad pulls.

Is this true? I didnt know snare isnt in the game yet when does that happen?

Anyone share some camps with me that they quaded at? I only have dont kunark and Vel would like some classic ones. The Oasis I will have to try seems like it will be hard they are casters so you really cant mess that up. I know of a good one is South K ent to splitpaw you can quad the guys there I am not sure the lvl range maybe 34-39?

seconds
01-31-2020, 09:31 AM
Things I quadded once you get 34 and Circle of Force

Gnolls in SK, obviously this will be camped during busy times.

North Karana Qeynos Guards, 2 by bridge and 2 by guard tower. All these are level 30.

West Karana Qeynos Guards, non-corrupt, two towers near Qeynos Hills. 3 level 30's and 1 level 35, will need to nuke the level 35 with full nuke on pull.

All three of these camps can take you to 41 easily where you can start on spectres or whatever else you want to do. Also they will provide enough money to fund SoW potions.

Shrubwise
01-31-2020, 04:19 PM

North Karana Qeynos Guards, 2 by bridge and 2 by guard tower. All these are level 30.

West Karana Qeynos Guards, non-corrupt, two towers near Qeynos Hills. 3 level 30's and 1 level 35, will need to nuke the level 35 with full nuke on pull.

All three of these camps can take you to 41 easily where you can start on spectres or whatever else you want to do. Also they will provide enough money to fund SoW potions.

Great post, thanks. Clearly I need to drop some monies on SoW pots!

SewingMachine
01-31-2020, 04:23 PM

Thanks for this I will give the qeynos guards a try at around 34

SewingMachine
01-31-2020, 05:26 PM
Max range on quadding spells takes standard runspeed mobs 4 seconds to reach you.

With all quad spells having cast times shorter than that, you can start quadding at lvl 8 with column of frost. As an erudite wiz with 142 int and zero +mana items youll be able to cast column 6 times without clarity/fizzle and it will hit for 27 and then ramp up from there. This means you can generally quad lvl 6/7 mobs at 8.

((Int/5)+2)*lvl + (mana+items) = manapool.

By lvl 10 youll be able to cast column 8 times which is enough to quad young kodiaks.

By lvl 12 you can quad orc cents/warriors or other lvl 10/11 mobs barring caster adds.

By 16 with pillar of fire, you can quad orcs in oasis. And a ton of other outdoor mobs if you calculate your total #of aoe casts and its subsequent dmg against their total hp. I like to exceed required dmg output by 1.5 aoes to account for fizzles/resists/partials and bum C regularly to ensure wiggle room if resistiness streaks. Also buy sow pots and bum sow for free whenever possible.

Manapool calculation is more complex then that.

Velerin
01-31-2020, 06:02 PM
Can easily bind at tunnel, beg for c and sow, gate to NK, full speed quad whatever you can find and repeat.

SewingMachine
01-31-2020, 06:06 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6388&page=2

((142/5)+2)*8
(28.4+2)*8
(30.4)*8 = 243.2

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161975

((850*8)+(85*142*8))/425
(6800+96560)/425
103360/425 = 243.2

Anyhow, done arguing with a child that thinks snare is necessary to quad, and wants to bring to question the assertions of a wizard veteran of 20+ years. Don't ask for advice if you're just gonna argue over semantics you're not even informed to argue about.

Seek Christ

kkthx

lol

Christina.
01-31-2020, 06:10 PM
The Oasis I will have to try seems like it will be hard they are casters so you really cant mess that up.

Spectres are not casters, they are undead ghostly warriors.

You can do these 34-50.

SewingMachine
01-31-2020, 06:20 PM
Spectres are not casters, they are undead ghostly warriors.

You can do these 34-50.

Cool i hear they drop good loot as well so I will give that a shot. they spawn as 4 on oasis right ?