PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Client crash while quad kiting raptors in Timorous Deep

molay
04-27-2011, 08:48 AM
I get a client crash (EQ drops to bottom of windows and poofs) with no other windows problems, no freeze up or windows crash, while quadding in TD with some frequency, has happened maybe 6 or 7 times now, perhaps on average 1 quad in 10-20 it will happen? It has happened on different computers and with particle effects off as well as on. It always happenens when a pillar just lands while I have mobs in tow. Needless to say this is a very frustrating time to crash in a very frustrating place as well. I have heard from fellow quadders in the area that it happens to them as well.

baalzy
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
If other quadders are running into this issue, what spell are you/they using specifically? If there any chance a fire-gator or something is under you in the water when this happens? Are you kiting all Raptors or do you have one of the vicious raptors in your quads with you when this happens?

molay
04-28-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm not sure which spells the others were using but they were wizards so it would have been one of the pillar line, no mobs underneath and happened with and without vicious in the quad. A friend has recommended that I use compatibility mode for windows 2000 rather than xp service pack 3. So far no crash, will post again if it continues.